Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
  1.    09 Aug 2015 #71
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 34,790
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by sgage View Post
    You can use whatever email program you want - I use Thunderbird. I went to Settings/System/Defaults to make it the default email app and Firefox the default web browswer.
    Hi there. Thanks for posting that. I researched it: Mozilla-Thunderbird.

    Really don't see an advantage of it personally. What advantage and what do you like about it?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    09 Aug 2015 #72
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 34,790
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenTodd View Post
    I have several Outlook.com accounts set up. I put the check mark in the Show Notification Banner box and the box to Play a Sound. The banner notification works when I get new mail but I get no sound notification even though I have selected an e-mail message for "Desktop Mail Notification" and "New Mail Notification" in my sound scheme. Is this another thing in Windows 10 that does not work?
    Hello, Steven. Welcome to Windows Ten Forums.

    It could be a be a bug. A lot of these should be fixed soon. Any OS released has them.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    09 Aug 2015 #73
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 128
    Win 10

    Quote Originally Posted by thunderclap View Post
    Was there an update to Mail? Notifications suddenly started working for me this morning. (Unless disabling Facebook notifications last night did the trick. That would be an interesting conflict.)
    still not working for me
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    09 Aug 2015 #74
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 128
    Win 10

    finally...looks like mail and calendar notifications are working. I don't know if MS sent out a fix tonight or if it was something I did. Here is what I did:

    1) Deleted all the accounts in my mail/calendar app and set them up again.
    2) in mail app I sent emails to from one account to the other account (I have two - one gmail and one outlook)
    3) went into calendar and made a new event (for 30 minutes later when the computer would be off)
    4) turned computer into sleep
    5) came back 30 minutes later and woke the computer and saw my calendar and mail live tiles working and the action center notification was also showing the alerts

    btw the action center/notification button in the bottom right screen tray really should turn red or bounce around when you miss a notification. Currently it blends in too much with the other icons and is hard to see.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    09 Aug 2015 #75
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 34,790
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BRKING View Post
    finally...looks like mail and calendar notifications are working. I don't know if MS sent out a fix tonight or if it was something I did. Here is what I did:

    1) Deleted all the accounts in my mail/calendar app and set them up again.
    2) in mail app I sent emails to from one account to the other account (I have two - one gmail and one outlook)
    3) went into calendar and made a new event (for 30 minutes later when the computer would be off)
    4) turned computer into sleep
    5) came back 30 minutes later and woke the computer and saw my calendar and mail live tiles working and the action center notification was also showing the alerts

    btw the action center/notification button in the bottom right screen tray really should turn red or bounce around when you miss a notification. Currently it blends in too much with the other icons and is hard to see.
    Thanks for posting that, BRKING.

    Don't know if they updated the apps yet either. If not, your fix points to communications with the server. What you performed may have fix that. We'll see. Please report if that lasts, won't you?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    09 Aug 2015 #76
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 128
    Win 10

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Thanks for posting that, BRKING.

    Don't know if they updated the apps yet either. If not, your fix points to communications with the server. What you performed may have fix that. We'll see. Please report if that lasts, won't you?
    and just like that my mail notifications have died. The first two I received and the last 4 I have not. The Action Center is a barren wasteland. Might as well be a tumbleweed rolling through it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    10 Aug 2015 #77
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    UK
    Posts : 19,158
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by BRKING View Post
    and just like that my mail notifications have died. The first two I received and the last 4 I have not. The Action Center is a barren wasteland. Might as well be a tumbleweed rolling through it.
    That's exactly how it goes for me

    try a few things and every seems to be working fine
    a random amount of hours later it all just gives up again

    If I leave mail open, not minimised, then everything is fine, its when mail auto suspends itself (when minimised) or closed I get issues
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    10 Aug 2015 #78
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 34,790
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro

    The more I see of these symptoms the more I think it is a Windows service that is failing. It gets fixed for awhile when you guys correct it, but then somehow it fails. This is very similar to the no sleep issue for some in 8.1. Some kind of daunting, elusive bug. Then again it's working for some. Go figure. My thoughts for whatever they're worth.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    11 Aug 2015 #79
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    UK
    Posts : 8
    windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by BRKING View Post
    and just like that my mail notifications have died. The first two I received and the last 4 I have not. The Action Center is a barren wasteland. Might as well be a tumbleweed rolling through it.
    I have had similar problems, random notifications, not able to open mail app, etc. Solution for me was I stopped running Malwarebytes Pro on start up. Notifications now working, mail app now working.��
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    11 Aug 2015 #80
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    UK
    Posts : 19,158
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    The more I see of these symptoms the more I think it is a Windows service that is failing. It gets fixed for awhile when you guys correct it, but then somehow it fails. This is very similar to the no sleep issue for some in 8.1. Some kind of daunting, elusive bug. Then again it's working for some. Go figure. My thoughts for whatever they're worth.
    I agree, but I cant find anything that failing

    for the last few days I have opened mail and left it running, as long as I don't close it or minimise it, everything is working fine, all notifications received
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 Mail App: Migrate from Windows Live Mail?
When I upgraded my wife's PC I expected her Windows Live Mail settings and data to be migrated to the Windows 10 Mail App, and for this app to become the default. Is this migration possible? Having said that, I'm not sure I've even found the...
Browsers and Email
Mail App not showing all mail, just unread.
I'm a bit slow jumping on the Insider Preview bandwagon, and as 10 is literally around the corner I thought I'd better get some practice in so I've only just installed Windows 10 for the first time today. I'm on build 10074 and have added my...
Browsers and Email
How to force Mail app to enforce Exchange 2020 mail policies?
Hello All. I have added an Exchange 2010 email account to my secondary laptop running the latest version of Windows 10 TP - 10122. I can successfully add the account and configure it and, as with Windows 8, a pop-up message appears asking me...
Browsers and Email
FB and E-Mail notifications not coming through in the notification bar
no Facebook messages or notifications are coming through to my notification bar. they came through the first couple of days of me having windows 10 but now none of them come through, I have to manually go onto Google Chrome and go on Facebook and...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:05.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums