Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
  1.    03 Oct 2015 #221
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 172
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by halasz View Post
    Did you set download to "as items arrive" inside mail>Settings>Accounts - that might stop it going to sleep.
    I think Paul has his computer monitor set to sleep after inactivity. Not sure that will affect notifications.
    I am suggesting he disable that setting and see what happens. Modern monitors do not "burn thru" the way older ones did after extended time displaying.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    03 Oct 2015 #222
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    UK
    Posts : 18,303
    Windows 10

    going to do some more testing and check out these extra comments

    Currently Action centre is turnoff off
    going to reboot and then turn it back on
    then I will set to receive mails as they arrive (have tried this in the past but not since last updates)
    I will leave mail open all day

    what I am also thinking, is it possible to totally uninstall mail/calendar, I know there is a powershell command, but this doesn't totally remove it, it just seems to remove it from the logged in user which then requires a partial re install from the store, so if something in the main part of it is corrupt (all users profile)it is not getting uninstalled

    anyway, going to reboot now and set notifications/settings back, I will return shortly
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    03 Oct 2015 #223
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 172
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
    going to do some more testing and check out these extra comments

    Currently Action centre is turnoff off
    going to reboot and then turn it back on
    then I will set to receive mails as they arrive (have tried this in the past but not since last updates)
    I will leave mail open all day

    what I am also thinking, is it possible to totally uninstall mail/calendar, I know there is a powershell command, but this doesn't totally remove it, it just seems to remove it from the logged in user which then requires a partial re install from the store, so if something in the main part of it is corrupt (all users profile)it is not getting uninstalled

    anyway, going to reboot now and set notifications/settings back, I will return shortly
    Running Command Prompt (Admin) sfc /scannow should tell you if you have corrupt files.
    If sfc says it can't fix them run DISM.
    I have more info on these if you need them.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    03 Oct 2015 #224
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,490
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Ok I got to ask you guys, since I've been reading your posts last few days. When you guys are running Win10's mail app, are you using it to monitor like live mail/outlook, gmail, or yahoo mail accounts??? Reason is my mail app, NOT built-in windows mail, works 100% with no problems, and I don't have to change all the settings on my computer, just to run my mail notify app. Any windows mail app that makes user jump thru hoops, like you guys are doing ain't worth the trouble.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    03 Oct 2015 #225
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 172
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Ok I got to ask you guys, since I've been reading your posts last few days. When you guys are running Win10's mail app, are you using it to monitor like live mail/outlook, gmail, or yahoo mail accounts??? Reason is my mail app, NOT built-in windows mail, works 100% with no problems, and I don't have to change all the settings on my computer, just to run my mail notify app. Any windows mail app that makes user jump thru hoops, like you guys are doing ain't worth the trouble.
    Come on Mike, Half the fun of finding computer problems is FINDING A SOLUTION.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    03 Oct 2015 #226
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    UK
    Posts : 18,303
    Windows 10

    changes have been made, let see how it goes

    sfc reports no errors
    dism report no errors
    reliability history has no errors
    event viewer shows no errors

    this is why I get
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    03 Oct 2015 #227
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3,655
    10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
    what I am also thinking, is it possible to totally uninstall mail/calendar, I know there is a powershell command, but this doesn't totally remove it
    Yes you can completely uninstall it. It seems a bit involved though - there may be a better way but I don't know it. From elevated powershell:

    Code:
    $app="microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps"
    Get-AppxPackage -Name $app -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -Online | where DisplayName -EQ $app | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online
    But this doesn't delete the packages from your PC. You want to delete it from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps as well so if you don't want to mess with the permissions of the folder (best not to), from elevated command prompt take ownership and delete the relevant directories (you may not have all depending on your version)
    Code:
    takeown  /f  "microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6208.42001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe" /r
    icacls       "microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6208.42001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe" /grant "%USERDOMAIN%\%USERNAME%":(F) /t
    rmdir        "microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6208.42001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe" /s /q
    
    takeown  /f  "microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_2015.6208.42001.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe" /r
    icacls       "microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_2015.6208.42001.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe" /grant "%USERDOMAIN%\%USERNAME%":(F) /t
    rmdir        "microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_2015.6208.42001.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe" /s /q
    
    takeown  /f  "microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6224.42281.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe" /r
    icacls       "microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6224.42281.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe" /grant "%USERDOMAIN%\%USERNAME%":(F) /t
    rmdir        "microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6224.42281.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe" /s /q
    
    takeown  /f  "microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_2015.6224.42281.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe" /r
    icacls       "microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_2015.6224.42281.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe" /grant "%USERDOMAIN%\%USERNAME%":(F) /t
    rmdir        "microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_2015.6224.42281.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe" /s /q
    Then you can go to the store and download it again.
    Last edited by lx07; 03 Oct 2015 at 06:32.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    03 Oct 2015 #228
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 172
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
    changes have been made, let see how it goes

    sfc reports no errors
    dism report no errors
    reliability history has no errors
    event viewer shows no errors

    this is why I get
    If this thread gets to 100 pages and I can't solve this....then I might, just maybe install a different app.
    Don't let it beat you down ......it is just another of life's challenges.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    03 Oct 2015 #229
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,490
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
    Come on Mike, Half the fun of finding computer problems is FINDING A SOLUTION.
    Ahh Ok Dave, I kinda get that attitude. bty I knew you answered my question, by my mail app. It tells me when I get new mail every 30 sec's. So I don't have to be logged in here, to know someone answered my post.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    03 Oct 2015 #230
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 172
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Ahh Ok Dave, I kinda get that attitude. bty I knew you answered my question, by my mail app. It tells me when I get new mail every 30 sec's. So I don't have to be logged in here, to know someone answered my post.
    Right now mine is doing the same thing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 Mail App: Migrate from Windows Live Mail?
When I upgraded my wife's PC I expected her Windows Live Mail settings and data to be migrated to the Windows 10 Mail App, and for this app to become the default. Is this migration possible? Having said that, I'm not sure I've even found the...
Browsers and Email
Mail App not showing all mail, just unread.
I'm a bit slow jumping on the Insider Preview bandwagon, and as 10 is literally around the corner I thought I'd better get some practice in so I've only just installed Windows 10 for the first time today. I'm on build 10074 and have added my...
Browsers and Email
How to force Mail app to enforce Exchange 2020 mail policies?
Hello All. I have added an Exchange 2010 email account to my secondary laptop running the latest version of Windows 10 TP - 10122. I can successfully add the account and configure it and, as with Windows 8, a pop-up message appears asking me...
Browsers and Email
FB and E-Mail notifications not coming through in the notification bar
no Facebook messages or notifications are coming through to my notification bar. they came through the first couple of days of me having windows 10 but now none of them come through, I have to manually go onto Google Chrome and go on Facebook and...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums