Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
  1.    17 Sep 2015 #171
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,569
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    I even have office 2013 installed and have outlook 2013 setup, but still prefer the simple free app Howard.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    17 Sep 2015 #172
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 172
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    I even have office 2013 installed and have outlook 2013 setup, but still prefer the simple free app Howard.
    Can you post a link to a clean download of Howard Mail Notifier? It is bundled on several sites with added (unwanted) software.
    Sites like Softpedia, CNET and etc. These are places I will not download from.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    17 Sep 2015 #173
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,569
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
    Can you post a link to a clean download of Howard Mail Notifier? It is bundled on several sites with added (unwanted) software.
    Sites like Softpedia, CNET and etc. These are places I will not download from.
    Yes be glad too, only place I ever get my updates is from the authors web site. VERY clean....
    http://thesz.diecru.eu/content/index.php
    Version 1.35 is the newest release.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    17 Sep 2015 #174
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 172
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Yes be glad too, only place I ever get my updates is from the authors web site. VERY clean....
    http://thesz.diecru.eu/content/index.php
    Version 1.35 is the newest release.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have MBAM Pro and took the advice offered a few posts back.
    In MBAM Settings > Advanced Settings > Unchecked the "Start with Windows box".

    My notifications are NOW WORKING BETTER THAN EVER.
    If I need to I will come back to your link.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    17 Sep 2015 #175
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,569
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Ok glad you got it working!!!! I run same program MBAM Pro. But, like I said before, I don't use Windows Mail.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    17 Sep 2015 #176
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 172
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Ok glad you got it working!!!! I run same program MBAM Pro. But, like I said before, I don't use Windows Mail.
    It might not last, been thru that several times.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    17 Sep 2015 #177
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 128
    Win 10

    Quote Originally Posted by thunderclap View Post
    I have it configured for both Outlook.com and Gmail. Neither works for me.
    same
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    20 Sep 2015 #178
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    UK
    Posts : 18,310
    Windows 10

    This might be related, if anyone can confirm the same

    If you look in TaskManager on the details tab, look for ShellExperienceHost, this I believe should show as suspended. now if you open action centre it will start it running, then within a few seconds of closing action centre it should go back to suspended

    If you check in Event Viewer when you notice that the notifications have stopped, do you find that ShellExperienceHost has crashed, this seems to stop the notifications (not sure why it doesn't kill all notifications)

    After it has crashed, it doesn't seem to recover until you open the action centre again, then all appears fine until the next time it crashes

    for me it seems to crash if the machine is left for a few hours, mainly if I leave it on overnight, then if I check this task has crashed in the early hours and taken all mail notifications with it

    how to fix I am not sure, but I will keep looking
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    20 Sep 2015 #179
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 172
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
    This might be related, if anyone can confirm the same

    If you look in TaskManager on the details tab, look for ShellExperienceHost, this I believe should show as suspended. now if you open action centre it will start it running, then within a few seconds of closing action centre it should go back to suspended

    If you check in Event Viewer when you notice that the notifications have stopped, do you find that ShellExperienceHost has crashed, this seems to stop the notifications (not sure why it doesn't kill all notifications)

    After it has crashed, it doesn't seem to recover until you open the action centre again, then all appears fine until the next time it crashes

    for me it seems to crash if the machine is left for a few hours, mainly if I leave it on overnight, then if I check this task has crashed in the early hours and taken all mail notifications with it

    how to fix I am not sure, but I will keep looking
    Hi Paul,
    I think you might be barking up the wrong tree. In the Shell Host Experience "suspended" is NOT crashed. I opened my TASK MANAGER (on the Details Tab) and then opened my Mail App. I sent and Email to myself (from one account to another account), I closed my mail app quickly after sending the Email.
    When my sound and banner notification appeared Shell Host Experience changed to "running" when the banner closed Shell Host Experience returned to "suspended".

    Here is a link you might find interesting.
    https://discuss.howtogeek.com/t/purp...ndows-10/33331
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    20 Sep 2015 #180
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 181
    Windows 10

    Chrome notification was recently installed as part of an update, and now I get a real-time email notification associated with my Gmail account.

    I no longer need to utilize any third-party program or Windows 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 Mail App: Migrate from Windows Live Mail?
When I upgraded my wife's PC I expected her Windows Live Mail settings and data to be migrated to the Windows 10 Mail App, and for this app to become the default. Is this migration possible? Having said that, I'm not sure I've even found the...
Browsers and Email
Mail App not showing all mail, just unread.
I'm a bit slow jumping on the Insider Preview bandwagon, and as 10 is literally around the corner I thought I'd better get some practice in so I've only just installed Windows 10 for the first time today. I'm on build 10074 and have added my...
Browsers and Email
How to force Mail app to enforce Exchange 2020 mail policies?
Hello All. I have added an Exchange 2010 email account to my secondary laptop running the latest version of Windows 10 TP - 10122. I can successfully add the account and configure it and, as with Windows 8, a pop-up message appears asking me...
Browsers and Email
FB and E-Mail notifications not coming through in the notification bar
no Facebook messages or notifications are coming through to my notification bar. they came through the first couple of days of me having windows 10 but now none of them come through, I have to manually go onto Google Chrome and go on Facebook and...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums