Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
  1.    09 Sep 2015 #161
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 128
    Win 10

    No mail notifications for me either. The only thing the update did for me was it finally pushed through a could of old updates that wouldn't install for the past month.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    17 Sep 2015 #162
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10

    This was a problem for me for weeks. Here are the steps I used to get the notifications working again:

    1. Used a powershell script to uninstall Mail/Calendar app. See:

    How to Uninstall Windows 10s Built-in Apps (and How to Reinstall Them)

    for details.

    2. Used Win 10 Store app to reinstall Mail

    3. Stopped Malwarebytes anti Malware (MBAM) from starting with Windows, in the advanced options setting.

    I'll have to see if it lasts
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    17 Sep 2015 #163
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 32,298
    Dual boot Windows 10 Pro x 64 CU build 15063 & Insider Build 16273

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveOC View Post
    This was a problem for me for weeks. Here are the steps I used to get the notifications working again:

    1. Used a powershell script to uninstall Mail/Calendar app. See:

    How to Uninstall Windows 10s Built-in Apps (and How to Reinstall Them)

    for details.

    2. Used Win 10 Store app to reinstall Mail

    3. Stopped Malwarebytes anti Malware (MBAM) from starting with Windows, in the advanced options setting.

    I'll have to see if it lasts
    Welcome to the forum, DaveOC. Thanks so much for posting your method!

    Although as an Insider I'm on a different build than RTM, I'm going to give this a whirl.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    17 Sep 2015 #164
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    UK
    Posts : 18,303
    Windows 10

    I did try re installing a while back and it worked for a bit and then broke again, but not tried it recently, so will try this again as mail has had some updates since I last tried

    I have now gone 3 days with notifications working, only downside is I have to keep the mail app open
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    17 Sep 2015 #165
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10

    I also keep the Mail app open. Malwarebytes Premium does interfere, if it starts with Windows.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    17 Sep 2015 #166
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 128
    Win 10

    It's kinda sad how they still can't fix this. I know defenders will come out and say this always happens with something new but it's very annoying
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    17 Sep 2015 #167
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,260
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Just a quick question about your mail notifications not working. Do you folks use outlook.com for your email? Or even yahoo, or google? I use mainly outlook.com myself. Anytime I get new mail I get notified within 30 sec's. I have no problem with getting notified. But in my case I turned off Windows lousy mail program on my 1st week after up grading. I've been using the same program to notify me when I get new mail for at least the last 3 years. It just tells me when I get mail on outlook, and if I click on the mail, will send me to live.com log me in, and their is my email. But you folks might need something else, for me this works just fine.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    17 Sep 2015 #168
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 96
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Just a quick question about your mail notifications not working. Do you folks use outlook.com for your email? Or even yahoo, or google? I use mainly outlook.com myself. Anytime I get new mail I get notified within 30 sec's. I have no problem with getting notified. But in my case I turned off Windows lousy mail program on my 1st week after up grading. I've been using the same program to notify me when I get new mail for at least the last 3 years. It just tells me when I get mail on outlook, and if I click on the mail, will send me to live.com log me in, and their is my email. But you folks might need something else, for me this works just fine.
    I have it configured for both Outlook.com and Gmail. Neither works for me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    17 Sep 2015 #169
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,260
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by thunderclap View Post
    I have it configured for both Outlook.com and Gmail. Neither works for me.
    Well if you want to try the same program I use called Howard Mail Notifier, free app. Let me know. Not sure if its what you want, but it works real well with Windows 10. Its not like the Mail program app in windows at all. Brings you to the web to read your mail, and send.....can be setup for Gmail too.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    17 Sep 2015 #170
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10

    I use Outlook.com
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 Mail App: Migrate from Windows Live Mail?
When I upgraded my wife's PC I expected her Windows Live Mail settings and data to be migrated to the Windows 10 Mail App, and for this app to become the default. Is this migration possible? Having said that, I'm not sure I've even found the...
Browsers and Email
Mail App not showing all mail, just unread.
I'm a bit slow jumping on the Insider Preview bandwagon, and as 10 is literally around the corner I thought I'd better get some practice in so I've only just installed Windows 10 for the first time today. I'm on build 10074 and have added my...
Browsers and Email
How to force Mail app to enforce Exchange 2020 mail policies?
Hello All. I have added an Exchange 2010 email account to my secondary laptop running the latest version of Windows 10 TP - 10122. I can successfully add the account and configure it and, as with Windows 8, a pop-up message appears asking me...
Browsers and Email
FB and E-Mail notifications not coming through in the notification bar
no Facebook messages or notifications are coming through to my notification bar. they came through the first couple of days of me having windows 10 but now none of them come through, I have to manually go onto Google Chrome and go on Facebook and...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:36.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums