Windows 10: How Do You Delete Browsing History on Exit in Microsoft Edge

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    10 Aug 2015 #21

    Really? Internet Explorer is in Windows 10? Where is it, and how does one access it? I think Edge is a catastrophe! I never thought I'd ever say that I like Internet Explorer better than another browser!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    10 Aug 2015 #22

    Jomarkz said: View Post
    Really? Internet Explorer is in Windows 10? Where is it, and how does one access it? I think Edge is a catastrophe! I never thought I'd ever say that I like Internet Explorer better than another browser!
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

    Click on Start and type 'in...
    it should be the top result.

    or...

    Start►All apps►Windows Accessories►Internet Explorer.
    Last edited by Brink; 13 Aug 2015 at 10:14. Reason: added tutorial link for more info
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    10 Aug 2015 #23

    Perfect. Thank you! I'm over Edge, or should I say, it's over the, Edge for this new browser!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    10 Aug 2015 #24

    Jomarkz said: View Post
    Perfect. Thank you! I'm over Edge, or should I say, it's over the, Edge for this new browser!
    "Over the Edge"! That's perfect!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       10 Aug 2015 #25

    The way I see it Edge is orientated and developed more for the business-type user or someone like a teacher. Bring up a page and take notes or perform a presentation from one's own website in Web Note mode.

    There is also the reading mode for less distractions. Speculating, but perhaps MS will sell books via the Store to be able to read via Edge. This will compete with others. They do sell music in the Store.

    Another thing is that I think they will continue to develop Edge like their other apps.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    10 Aug 2015 #26

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    The way I see it Edge is orientated and developed more for the business-type user or someone like a teacher. Bring up a page and take notes or perform a presentation from one's own website in Web Note mode.

    There is also the reading mode for less distractions. Speculating, but perhaps MS will sell books via the Store to be able to read via Edge. This will compete with others. They do sell music in the Store.

    Another thing is that I think they will continue to develop Edge like their other apps.
    Occasionally I'll use Edge as a YouTube 'pop-out' style player (it renders quite well), other than that I'm stickin with Firefox.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000061.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	464.3 KB 
ID:	30370
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    12 Aug 2015 #27

    Jomarkz said: View Post
    Really? Internet Explorer is in Windows 10? Where is it, and how does one access it? I think Edge is a catastrophe! I never thought I'd ever say that I like Internet Explorer better than another browser!
    As a FYI when you have IE open right click on the IE icon on the taskbar and click "pin this program to the taskbar". That makes it much easier to open regularly.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       12 Aug 2015 #28

    Edwin said: View Post
    Occasionally I'll use Edge as a YouTube 'pop-out' style player (it renders quite well), other than that I'm stickin with Firefox.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000061.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	464.3 KB 
ID:	30370
    That pic matches your black and gold theme perfectly. At least you're using Edge for something.

    Man, those guys look old! Great band. Saw them 1st and 2nd tour. Summer '68 and then winter of '70. Fond memories. :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  •    13 Aug 2015 #29

    What no auto delete?


    Edwin said: View Post
    The whole point of having Edge work fast is the ability to pre-fetch data, info and history, etc.
    Clearing it on exit defeats the purpose. Clear it manually if you must.
    Really? Having to manually delete is a backward and insecure step. Until MS allow delete history on exit in Edge I will use other browsers. To me, it's as simple as that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    04 Mar 2018 #30

    Tony K said: View Post
    Hi there. I think this feature "Internet options" is now a global settings aspect of the OS itself no matter which browser one uses. I'm thing it uses the program Disk Cleanup or that part of it to accomplish this. Not totally sure though.
    I know this is an old thread, but since it's the #1 result in Bing for "edge clear cookies on exit", I think it's helpful to put updated info here, since I never actually found the right answer on this thread :)

    The process to do this on Edge is different than Internet Explorer, and it is possible, via "Settings":

    To do this, open Microsoft Edge browser, click on the three-dotted More button and go to Settings. Here, under Clear browsing data option, you will see Choose what to clear. Click on it.

    On the next page, you can select the data you want to delete, every time Edge is closed. For instance, you can choose Browsing History, Cookies and saved website data, Cached data and files, Download history, Form data, Passwords. Clicking on the Show more link will display Media licenses, Pop-up exceptions, Location permissions, Full-screen permissions, and Notifications permissions options too.

    Make your selection. Moving on, toggle the button that says Always clear this when I close the browser.
    Source: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/automa...g-history-exit
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

    Related Threads
    Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web. Microsoft Edge has an InPrivate browsing feature. When you use...
    Title pretty much sums it up, is there a way to move the browsing cache from Microsoft Edge to a secondary drive? Thanks!
    How to Clear your Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser added in Windows 10, and will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and built for the modern Web. Your...
    In Windows 8.1 explorer, you could click on File the Delete History and could select Recent Places List or Address Bar History. This is not in explorer in Win 10 build 10130. Don't know if it was in previous builds. 20504 This is useful...
    Windows 10 marks an important transition for Microsoft, much in the way Windows NT did in 1993, Windows XP in 2001, and Windows Vista in 2006. These milestones marked drastic changes to the Windows Operation system; ranging from the kernel,...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31.
    Find Us