Windows 10: problems with Firefox and Chrome

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
  1.    15 Oct 2017 #61

    I did a search for it on google but didn't find anything. It doesn't matter. Anyway, if anyone has some solutions to the rest of the problems please let me know. I'm also getting some annoying stuttering with firefox every now and then for a few seconds. I'm not sure whats causing this.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    17 Oct 2017 #62
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    17 Oct 2017 #63

    I don't really how thats related to my problems. I don't have a problem with my book marks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    18 Oct 2017 #64

    Not Myself said: View Post
    I have one web site that, unless I set the minimum font size to no larger than 13, and allow sites to use their own fonts, has a number of pages where the left-hand column overrides part of the left edge of the right-hand column. I have notified the company, and even sent them a link to the HTML checker for their home page. There are many errors on that page; I did not even bother to see if I could find any of them that might be causing the display fault.
    I have a similar problem. If I set the minimum font size to 16 or more, some of the columns overrides each other, which means that part of the text displayed in the columns will be unreadable. Very annoying. Is there some way to make text more pleasant and readable besides changing the minimum font sizes?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    18 Oct 2017 #65

    Sadly, the firefox website doesn't mention any way to disable it permanently, unless I missed something.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    18 Oct 2017 #66

    Cerawy said: View Post
    I don't really how thats related to my problems. I don't have a problem with my book marks.
    It's how to clean install FF keeping your current bookmarks and extensions importing them into a new fresh profile.

    FF is clean installed then your current bookmarks and extensions are imported.

    The problem is with the program files/ profile. A clean install should fix it especially if you have simply been updating FF every time an update was available.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    19 Oct 2017 #67

    Seems like an awful lot of stuff to go through. I just installed firefox on a fresh installation of windows a few weeks ago. Should problably also mention that i have been testing internet explorer 11 for a few days and it doesn't seem to have the same problems as firefox.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    22 Oct 2017 #68

    I may have found whats causing the constant freezing. It seems to happen after firefox has been open for some time. If I click on restart firefox with addons disabled, the freezing goes away. I'm only using a few addons, including adblock, new tab and flash video downloader. I'm not using that many addons really.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    22 Oct 2017 #69

    Cerawy said: View Post
    I may have found whats causing the constant freezing. It seems to happen after firefox has been open for some time. If I click on restart firefox with addons disabled, the freezing goes away. I'm only using a few addons, including adblock, new tab and flash video downloader. I'm not using that many addons really.
    Sounds like one of your addons might be the culprit. Let me tell you a quick story. I used Adblock plus for about 9 years, never an issue. But about 8 months ago, my Firefox started freezing a little bit, specially early after cold starting the browser. It went like that for about 2 weeks. At the time, I still didn't have W10, the freezing happened in my W7. So, after enduring the issue for a couple of weeks, I decided to try to find out what caused the problem.

    I created a new Firefox profile and in less than 5 minutes I found the cause of the problem. As soon as I installed ABP, the freezing started. ABP caused the problem. So, I uninstalled ABP. I use NoScript, is not an adblocker but it blocks most ads. So, for the past few months I been getting used to not using an adblocker. Later I found out that there was a known documented bug at the time in ABP. IMO, it hasn't been fixed as of yet.

    In July, when I got my W10, after installing Firefox, changing a few settings setting, and installing the 3 extensions I am using now, I also installed ABP, and the freeze was there. So, I don't know, I hate staying away from using ABP, but if thats what has to be done to carry on a comfortable browsing experience, thats what I ll continue doing. Perhaps thats what you should try doing.

    Another thing, you seem to have too many issues with Firefox. You shouldn't be having them, Firefox is a nice browser that works great day in and day out. If I was you, I would do a true clean install of Firefox. That means, you uninstall Firefox and after rebooting, you make sure Mozilla's folders in Program files and the 2 folders in AppData. get deleted. The one in Program files should be deleted by the uninstall and the other you ll have to delete them yourself. The only thing I would save from the old install is your bookmarks so you can import them back after reinstalling Firefox.

    You can save bookmarks as a file in Bookmarks/Show all bookmarks/Import and Backup, Click Backup.

    Some people like to save a lot of stuff from old installations, I don't. The way I see it, if I am going to do a clean install, I ll do it as clean as possible. The more you save from an old install, the less cleaner your new install would be.

    I know doing this things take time but I take it as maintenance, and try to have fun doing it. You had this problem for months, while it should take only a little while to solve it. Maybe a few hours. To me, it ll take me about 45 minutes and be done.

    Bo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    23 Oct 2017 #70

    bo elam said: View Post
    Sounds like one of your addons might be the culprit. Let me tell you a quick story. I used Adblock plus for about 9 years, never an issue. But about 8 months ago, my Firefox started freezing a little bit, specially early after cold starting the browser. It went like that for about 2 weeks. At the time, I still didn't have W10, the freezing happened in my W7. So, after enduring the issue for a couple of weeks, I decided to try to find out what caused the problem.
    I'm about 99.9% sure that its some of the addons causing it, because if i restart firefox without addons, the freezing goes away. I'm not using adblock plus though, im using the regular adblock. I was using chrome before with the same addons and they never caused chrome to freeze. I also find it weird that it happens after firefox has been running smooth for most of the day.

    bo elam said: View Post
    Another thing, you seem to have too many issues with Firefox. You shouldn't be having them, Firefox is a nice browser that works great day in and day out. If I was you, I would do a true clean install of Firefox. That means, you uninstall Firefox and after rebooting, you make sure Mozilla's folders in Program files and the 2 folders in AppData. get deleted. The one in Program files should be deleted by the uninstall and the other you ll have to delete them yourself. The only thing I would save from the old install is your bookmarks so you can import them back after reinstalling Firefox.
    I have already tried a clean install of windows, the issues with firefox are still there. Most of them are fixed though and im enjoying the browser, but i would still like to try and fix the last issues.
    Last edited by Cerawy; 23 Oct 2017 at 02:30.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Hi, Opera has really nice inbuilt pop out video feature. You can pop videos out on any website, you can resize them and they stay on top, so u can continue browsing or any other things & continue watching the video. I find it very useful, but I...
I'm having issues with both Firefox and MS Edge and I'm wondering if Chrome would be a better choice and if so would I be able to import my FF Favorites to Chrome? Thanks in advance for your help.
Windows 10 Home 10.0.14393 Build 14393 was installed last week. Since then I have had problems with Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. Firefox will not display visuals on some web pages. Chrome is very slow and will not allow me to import from Firefox....
BSOD while browsing Chrome and Firefox in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello, Im facing BSOD many times while browsing internet using chrome, even i tried firefox both having same problem. My screen get artifacts block block all screen and freeze after 5 seconds. Gaming on computer more then hours no issue at all....
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11.
Find Us