problems with Firefox and Chrome  

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 654
    Windows 10 Home
       #281

    Cerawy said:
    I just found out that you can just use ad blocker to right click on some of these popup ads and get rid of them. It seems like a better solution.
    The ad blocker makes it easy to "hide" the content but that's all the ad blocker is doing (Hiding). With NoScript you are more secure, NoScript actually blocks the content from running.

    Bo
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,030
    Thread Starter
       #282

    bo elam said:
    The ad blocker makes it easy to "hide" the content but that's all the ad blocker is doing (Hiding). With NoScript you are more secure, NoScript actually blocks the content from running.
    Yes. It also seems like ad block doesnt save your choice if you get rid of one of the popup ads. so you have to do it all over again.

    Also, firefox seems to be activating telemetry again, and regardless of how many times i disable it with ccleaner, it still gets activated again. I want to disable it permanently.
    Last edited by Cerawy; 19 Jun 2019 at 06:01.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 654
    Windows 10 Home
       #283

    Cerawy said:
    P.S firefox seems to be activating telemetry again, and regardless of how many times i disable it with ccleaner, it still gets activated again. I want to disable it permanently.
    Make sure you untick every block under "Firefox Data Collection and Use" in Firefox Option.

    Bo
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,030
    Thread Starter
       #284

    I already did. I still cant disable it.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 5,920
    22H2 64 Bit Pro
       #285

    Cerawy said:
    I just want to ask, Dd you have any good security tweaks similar to the one i just found?
    Sorry to report that I have ditched Firefox (Quantum anyway) and instead use other browsers.

    If you want to tweak have a look through this list:

    ghacks-user.js/user.js at master . ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js . GitHub
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 66
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 2004 update
       #286

    Callender said:
    Sorry to report that I have ditched Firefox (Quantum anyway) and instead use other browsers.




    If you want to tweak have a look through this list:

    ghacks-user.js/user.js at master . ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js . GitHub
    Nice share, but way over my head or expertise.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1,030
    Thread Starter
       #287

    I got no idea what that is.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 5,920
    22H2 64 Bit Pro
       #288

    RE: Telemetry see this:

    Access Denied

    Also see:

    Preferences — Mozilla Source Tree Docs 69.0a1 documentation

    RE: My last post. See:

    ghacks user.js

    The ghacks user.js is a template which aims to provide as much privacy and enhanced security as possible, and to reduce tracking and fingerprinting as much as possible - while minimizing any loss of functionality and breakage (but it will happen)



    GitHub - ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js: An ongoing comprehensive user.js template for configuring and hardening Firefox privacy, security and anti-fingerprinting

    1.1 Overview . ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js Wiki . GitHub
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,030
    Thread Starter
       #289

    I already got all those checkboxes unchecked regarding data collection, but firefox monitor still appears as a system addon and i cant seem to disable it.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 5,920
    22H2 64 Bit Pro
       #290

    Try this:

    Firefox 62: Firefox Monitor system add-on integration - gHacks Tech News

    Like I said - I no longer use Firefox Quantum. I do have Firefox variants though.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums