Windows 10: Prevent "My Feeds" from Showing in Edge Start Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    28 Jun 2017 #1

    Prevent "My Feeds" from Showing in Edge Start Page


    Hello all,

    I have been reading and following the community here for a while now. Thanks for all the indirect help!

    The expected behavior with my settings of Edge, and what I see on every other Windows 10 setup, is that Edge should open with the "Where to Next?"/Top sites page without the "My Feed."

    I am stuck on a unique Edge issue. The following settings are set on Edge:
    - Open Microsoft Edge with: Previous pages
    - Open new tabs with: Top sites

    In addition, the following are set on Top sites, Customize, Page display settings for new tab page:
    - Top sites
    - Information cards greyed out

    If I individually close all tabs (either ctrl-w or pressing the X on each tab) and then reopen Edge, the Top sites/My Feed always shows up. When opening new tabs the Top sites ONLY shows up.

    Is there any method to disable a persistent "My Feeds" page from ALWAYS showing at start?
    The expected behavior with my settings of Edge, and what I see on every other Windows 10 setup, is that Edge should open with the "Where to Next?"/Top sites page without the "My Feed."

    Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 124
    Windows 10.0.15063 (Version 1703) Pro 64-bit
       28 Jun 2017 #2

    You sound like you want this setting, which works perfectly on my edition of Windows 10 Pro. What flavor of Windows 10 do you use?



    If I close tabs completely, it shows my top sites. If I open new tabs, it's only top sites.

    If I open Edge, it shows my feed as well. This seems to actually be broken, Edge does not restore my tabs from last time.

    You are not the only one here.

    There is only my feed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    28 Jun 2017 #3

    I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

    Have you tried the Powershell fix that resets Edge?
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml -Verbose}

    I have tried that as well and it does not fix the issue I am having. I have tried several Windows 10 machines and they all seem to work fine. For some reason, my Edge always displays "My Feeds" on a Start Page.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 124
    Windows 10.0.15063 (Version 1703) Pro 64-bit
       29 Jun 2017 #4

    d355 said: View Post
    I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

    Have you tried the Powershell fix that resets Edge?


    I have tried that as well and it does not fix the issue I am having. I have tried several Windows 10 machines and they all seem to work fine. For some reason, my Edge always displays "My Feeds" on a Start Page.
    Well, now it seems to work for me! Great fix. Thank you! Haha. Adding this to my script collection.

    That command works excellently.

    I suggest that you enter the command in yourself one more time, open a few random websites, and finally click the X.

    It will ask are you sure to close all tabs? Then you Check off Always it close all tabs and then press Close tabs.

    Reopen and hopefully there is a little magic!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    29 Jun 2017 #5

    Glad it worked for you! I have tried the fix multiple times; does not work. I have even gone through some recommended registry tweaks, deleted Edge files/folders, reset settings, and read many posts and troubleshooting guides. Nothing works.

    Opening previously closed tabs (the issue you were having) works fine for me. Except that if I close all the tabs individually, then my start page shows the My Feeds again when the expected behavior should be "Top sites."
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 124
    Windows 10.0.15063 (Version 1703) Pro 64-bit
       29 Jun 2017 #6

    d355 said: View Post
    Glad it worked for you! I have tried the fix multiple times; does not work. I have even gone through some recommended registry tweaks, deleted Edge files/folders, reset settings, and read many posts and troubleshooting guides. Nothing works.

    Opening previously closed tabs (the issue you were having) works fine for me. Except that if I close all the tabs individually, then my start page shows the My Feeds again when the expected behavior should be "Top sites."
    Perhaps you can try a component store health check to see if your Edge is malfunctioning as a result.

    Run this in a PowerShell Window:
    Code:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    This may prove to do you some good, then attempt another repair of Edge using the other PS command.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    29 Jun 2017 #7

    Unfortunately, I already tried the dism.

    Tried one more time per your recommendation. Did not work -- Edge will always open Top Sites with "My Feed" as a start page (if there are no previously opened tabs of course; otherwise it opens those tabs).

    Thanks for the help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 124
    Windows 10.0.15063 (Version 1703) Pro 64-bit
       29 Jun 2017 #8

    d355 said: View Post
    Unfortunately, I already tried the dism.

    Tried one more time per your recommendation. Did not work -- Edge will always open Top Sites with "My Feed" as a start page (if there are no previously opened tabs of course; otherwise it opens those tabs).

    Thanks for the help.
    Well, as a final resort, you can enter Safe Mode on Windows 10 by following this thread by Brink.

    Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

    Play with Edge a little while and toy with the settings we've discussed and write back!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    30 Jun 2017 #9

    Good idea. I went into Safe Mode and got this message when trying to launch Edge:

    This app can't open
    MIcrosof Edge can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account.

    Do you know how to enable Edge to be used with the Administrator account? This is the only account I have on the machine. I already tried:

    • Local security policy secpol.msc
    • Browse Local Policies/Security Options/"User Account Control Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account"
    • Set policy to Enabled


      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 124
    Windows 10.0.15063 (Version 1703) Pro 64-bit
       30 Jun 2017 #10

    d355 said: View Post
    Good idea. I went into Safe Mode and got this message when trying to launch Edge:

    This app can't open
    MIcrosof Edge can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account.

    Do you know how to enable Edge to be used with the Administrator account? This is the only account I have on the machine. I already tried:

    • Local security policy secpol.msc
    • Browse Local Policies/Security Options/"User Account Control Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account"
    • Set policy to Enabled


    Did you log in using the Built In Administrator account, or perhaps is that your current main account that you have been using this entire time?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
My hard drive not showing in "my computer" or "Disk Management" but is showing under device manager. I got the hard drive from a friend and his dad had put a Password encryption on it. Any Ideas?
So I have this weird thing happening in my relatively fresh install of Windows 10. Whenever I search for "Check for Updates" or "Windows Update settings" on the search box of the start menu, I get the results that I want but if I press enter or...
Hi guys looking for some help on setting my home page in the Edge (spartan) which ever they call it by ! Everything i try does not work, i have tried >>> Microsoft Edge - Reinstall and Re-register in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums and also >>>...
Anyone knows why when i remove "Send To" & "Pin To Start" context menu entries from registry, windows automatically creates new one's after restart. Never had such problem in 8, and it's driving me nuts!!!!! Thanks for help!
Hello how can I delete "saved password" and "form data" of microsoft edge manually ?! after too much search in google .... I trid to delete some value of the following registry address HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:45.
Find Us