Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1.    10 Jun 2017 #11
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,999
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Helmut View Post
    Ah, there it is in Outlook Mail > People in the disguise of the Windows Live Mail Icon....
    Hi there, @Helmut. Not quite. I edited my post. Not totally sure, for I haven't performed this. I've had an MS account for many years and used their mail clients, so I've had no need to.

    The People app is a modern Store app with no way to import .csv files. I'm thinking the Windows Live Mail (Icon) is a portal to upload a .csv file into one's MS account.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    10 Jun 2017 #12
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 51
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    @Razz
    I think I found a way to import .csv file. Not totally sure since I haven't performed it.
    Sorry for the late response. Thank you so much for the tip, It worked but unfortunately there is still a problem. I now have all my contacts in People folder; however, only the initial contacts that came from my yahoo account appear when I fill in the "To:" field on a new email. In other words: One of my contacts that I had in Thunderbird was "Carole" and when I wish to send Carole an email I type "C" (now all the contacts under "C" should show up as options, but "Carole", who has been imported from Thunderbird to Windows 10 Mail, does not show up). Very weird. Also when I click the little people icon with the plus sign at the right side of the "To:" field in a new email, Carole is not listed there either. Please see image to hopefully clarify what I mean.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4forum.PNG 
Views:	3 
Size:	159.7 KB 
ID:	138883
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    10 Jun 2017 #13
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,999
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Sorry for the late response. Thank you so much for the tip, It worked but unfortunately there is still a problem. I now have all my contacts in People folder; however, only the initial contacts that came from my yahoo account appear when I fill in the "To:" field on a new email. In other words: One of my contacts that I had in Thunderbird was "Carole" and when I wish to send Carole an email I type "C" (now all the contacts under "C" should show up as options, but "Carole", who has been imported from Thunderbird to Windows 10 Mail, does not show up). Very weird. Also when I click the little people icon with the plus sign at the right side of the "To:" field in a new email, Carole is not listed there either. Please see image to hopefully clarify what I mean.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4forum.PNG 
Views:	3 
Size:	159.7 KB 
ID:	138883
    Oh for cry eye! Don't you just love tech?!! Sheesh!

    I'm in my Insider partition and the People app link is broke. Let me reboot to my W10 CU where I can get at People. Be right back.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    10 Jun 2017 #14
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,999
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Ok. All the contacts show in the left column, correct?

    When you click on a contact does all there info you have on them show in the right pane?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    10 Jun 2017 #15
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,999
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    In the People app I mean.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    10 Jun 2017 #16
    Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 438
    Windows 10

    Go into the People App Settings > Filter Contacts List, and make sure you have the right Accounts listed, add/remove as required.
    On mine
    Hide Contacts without phone numbers is OFF.
    Show contacts from, has these ticked
    MS Account, Gmail, Outlook (Mail and Calendar)
    People App is version 10.2.1451.0
    Mail App is version 17.8218.40507.0
    Along with the Mail App, these seem to be updated every week, sometimes irritatingly changing settings or adding a 'feature'.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    11 Jun 2017 #17
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 51
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Ok. All the contacts show in the left column, correct?
    When you click on a contact does all there info you have on them show in the right pane?
    Hi HippsieGypsie, oh yes I love tech! Correct, all my contacts are indeed listed, Yes the contact info shows, but sadly their email address is not hyperlinked so clicking on it does nothing. That would have been a work-around. I've included an image.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4forum.PNG 
Views:	18 
Size:	228.2 KB 
ID:	138983
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    11 Jun 2017 #18
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,999
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Hi HippsieGypsie, oh yes I love tech! Correct, all my contacts are indeed listed, Yes the contact info shows, but sadly their email address is not hyperlinked so clicking on it does nothing. That would have been a work-around. I've included an image.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4forum.PNG 
Views:	18 
Size:	228.2 KB 
ID:	138983
    Good morning, Razz. We'll try to get to a solution today I hope. To review > The Email app is not syncing the contacts imported from Tbird and Tbird contacts hyperlinks do not work in the People app.

    It may be that the way we imported the Tbird contacts might not totally work. Hopefully that's not the case.

    Let's check the settings Helmut just suggested. Also, there is a thing called "App connector" that allows apps to sync with one another. Open Settings app > Privacy > Go through the whole list and make your choices qualify the connections/app syncing with one another.

    Make sure all your apps are up to date in the Store app. Store app > Click on your account logo > Downloads and updates. While you're there you may want to check the Store settings there.

    If that doesn't work try: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-windows-apps
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    11 Jun 2017 #19
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 51
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Hi Helmut. My People version and Mail version are the same as yours. My needed accounts are checked.

    Just to make it clear: All my contacts are listed but except for my original contacts imported from Yahoo, any other desired contact does not appear as an option when I am trying to send an email to them. I type their name in the "To:" field and their name is not in the list of options.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4forum2.PNG 
Views:	17 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	138987
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    11 Jun 2017 #20
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 51
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    there is a thing called "App connector" that allows apps to sync with one another. Open Settings app > Privacy > Go through the whole list and make your choices qualify the connections/app syncing with one another.
    Make sure all your apps are up to date in the Store app. Store app > Click on your account logo > Downloads and updates. While you're there you may want to check the Store settings there.
    If that doesn't work try: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-windows-apps
    I will get onto checking all you recommended right away. When done, I'll report back here. Thanks again for all your effort and time.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Import contacts into Mail
Can someone please tell me how to import my Thunderbird email contacts into Win10 Mail? I have exported my TB address book to a cvs file if that is any help. Thanks in advance.
Browsers and Email
Sendto function in Windows 10 - Mail- Outlook- Thunderbird
With a new Acer Aspire E 15 and Windows 10, the Sendto function would only default to Outlook. Messages would not send unless Outlook was open. Could not get the sendto option to use Mail10. Therefore installed Thunderbird. Works perfectly. Right...
Browsers and Email
thunderbird contacts
using Thunderbird, there appears to be a huge difference to MS Outlook. I'm having trouble with "contacts" - I have a list of Contacts, but how do i transfer singularly from the list to the address line in the email page? hope this makes sense
Browsers and Email
Mail app import address book FROM Thunderbird
How do I import address book from Thunderbird to Windows Mail? What protocol does Mail support?
Browsers and Email
Solved Can I Import Live Mail 2012 to Windows 10 Mail?
I've used WLM 2012 with Windows 7 and it has worked fine all these years. After installing 10 I see it contains its own Mail app. Is it possible to transfer all my emails and settings from WLM to Mail?
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums