Windows 10: Chrome browser not working with W10 Creators update... Solved

  1.    21 Apr 2017 #1

    Chrome browser not working with W10 Creators update...


    ...the browser just hangs on opening. Chrome latest version. Anybody else having problems?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    21 Apr 2017 #2

    Chrome works the best for me of the different browsers i use with Win 10 Creators update.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    21 Apr 2017 #3

    rafikiphoto said: View Post
    ...the browser just hangs on opening. Chrome latest version. Anybody else having problems?
    I had that problem and spent several hours trying to fix. Finally solved by turning off hardware acceleration in Chrome Settings. Of course, Settings doesn't open either so you have to boot in Safe Mode, go to Chrome Settings there and uncheck the box under Advanced Settings that says use hardware acceleration and then Restart.

    At least that worked for me. I hope it does for you also.

    C.B.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    21 Apr 2017 #4

    insulator17 said: View Post
    Chrome works the best for me of the different browsers i use with Win 10 Creators update.
    Bully for you. Doesn't help me in any way though!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    21 Apr 2017 #5

    cbwilsha said: View Post
    I had that problem and spent several hours trying to fix. Finally solved by turning off hardware acceleration in Chrome Settings. Of course, Settings doesn't open either so you have to boot in Safe Mode, go to Chrome Settings there and uncheck the box under Advanced Settings that says use hardware acceleration and then Restart.

    At least that worked for me. I hope it does for you also.

    C.B.
    Thanks for your helpful reply. I'll give that a go.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    22 Apr 2017 #6

    cbwilsha said: View Post
    I had that problem and spent several hours trying to fix. Finally solved by turning off hardware acceleration in Chrome Settings. Of course, Settings doesn't open either so you have to boot in Safe Mode, go to Chrome Settings there and uncheck the box under Advanced Settings that says use hardware acceleration and then Restart.

    At least that worked for me. I hope it does for you also.

    C.B.
    Spot on! That did the trick for me too. Many thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    22 Apr 2017 #7

    That's great news!! Thanks for letting me know it worked for you also.

    C.B.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    22 Apr 2017 #8

    cbwilsha said: View Post
    That's great news!! Thanks for letting me know it worked for you also.

    C.B.
    The most difficult job in the current W10 is finding how to get to Safe Mode!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 6,958
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1709
       22 Apr 2017 #9

    If you want to get to safe mode, hold the shift key down, click restart.

    There are some menus to pass through.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

    Ken
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    22 Apr 2017 #10

    Thanks, Ken. Yes, I Googled it and got there eventually. It used to be much simpler in years gone by.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  

    Related Threads
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/chrome-is-the-most-popular-web-browser-of-all/
    Just an FYI, since several users are posting about these issues on the Google Chrome help forum: Issue #1: After installing the Creators Update, my extension icons mysteriously disappeared and Chrome would lock up if I tried to...
    Source: Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released - Building Apps for WindowsBuilding Apps for Windows :arrow: Windows 10 Creators Update version 1703 (build 15063) now available from Windows 10 Update Assistant. ...
    Hi Guys, I had previously started a thread in the wrong section about the computer rebooting while working on Chrome Browser (Google Drive). It usually happened after I unlocked the computer, being away for 10+ mins. After updating all the...
    Solved Chrome browser in Browsers and Email
    I have a shortcut to open my Chrome browser on my taskbar. Every time I open Chrome I get this pop-up message: 43804 I then have to click "yes" for Chrome to open. My Chrome browser is up to date. This has only happened recently. Any idea what...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:13.
    Find Us