Windows 10: Adobe Flash Solved

  1. sneekez's Avatar
    Posts : 308
    Win 10 Pro x64 17134.81/ 17672 on one machine
       30 Mar 2017 #1

    Adobe Flash


    Hello,
    I've just upgraded to 15063 from 14393.970. How do I enable flash to stay on, on all sites? The only site I get the puzzle icon is Adobe's site. If I go to earthcam.com for instance no puzzle to allow it to play. Charter Spectrum's web site for speed tests won't show the puzzle either to allow flash. I've read that it changed to click to run but can't find how to use it. Thanks for your help
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 36,390
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       30 Mar 2017 #2

    sneekez said: View Post
    Hello,
    I've just upgraded to 15063 from 14393.970. How do I enable flash to stay on, on all sites? The only site I get the puzzle icon is Adobe's site. If I go to earthcam.com for instance no puzzle to allow it to play. Charter Spectrum's web site for speed tests won't show the puzzle either to allow flash. I've read that it changed to click to run but can't find how to use it. Thanks for your help
    This is only an example from this site, but try clicking the padlock on your sites and see if there is a permission for Flash.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-03-30_14h56_26.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	127307
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. sneekez's Avatar
    Posts : 308
    Win 10 Pro x64 17134.81/ 17672 on one machine
    Thread Starter
       30 Mar 2017 #3

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    This is only an example from this site, but try clicking the padlock on your sites and see if there is a permission for Flash.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-03-30_14h56_26.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	127307
    No there isn't...I should of mentioned I use Edge.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 36,390
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       30 Mar 2017 #4

    sneekez said: View Post
    No there isn't...I should of mentioned I use Edge.
    Edge doesn't use the Flash like Chrome & FF do. It uses activeX, like IE. I don't use Edge, so dunno!! Maybe somebody else???????
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5. sneekez's Avatar
    Posts : 308
    Win 10 Pro x64 17134.81/ 17672 on one machine
    Thread Starter
       30 Mar 2017 #5

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Edge doesn't use the Flash like Chrome & FF do. It uses activeX, like IE. I don't use Edge, so dunno!! Maybe somebody else???????
    I looked at Brinks tut and I'm not sure if the .reg file works. It looks like an older tut and can't find one more up to date...
    I saw his "puzzle" bar but it won't show when I'm on a page that uses Flash??? thx again
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6. sneekez's Avatar
    Posts : 308
    Win 10 Pro x64 17134.81/ 17672 on one machine
    Thread Starter
       30 Mar 2017 #6

    It's enabled in the registry by the way.

    I'm doing something wrong. I upgraded my laptop too and same problem. So obviously I've missed something. Help, please.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. sneekez's Avatar
    Posts : 308
    Win 10 Pro x64 17134.81/ 17672 on one machine
    Thread Starter
       30 Mar 2017 #7

    sneekez said: View Post
    It's enabled in the registry by the way.

    I'm doing something wrong. I upgraded my laptop too and same problem. So obviously I've missed something. Help, please.
    Ad Blockers seem to be the problem. Whitelist the sites and Flash works.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 36,390
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       30 Mar 2017 #8

    sneekez said: View Post
    Ad Blockers seem to be the problem. Whitelist the sites and Flash works.
    @sneekez

    Yes.... lots of sites get cranky if you try to block their ad $$$ !! So the Bean-counters told them to block you!

    Glad you got it straightened out! Cheers! TC
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. sneekez's Avatar
    Posts : 308
    Win 10 Pro x64 17134.81/ 17672 on one machine
    Thread Starter
       30 Mar 2017 #9

    @tomcat....Thanks for your replies, much appreciated!

    Was looking at your sig, hell of a game last night don't you know! I'm assuming you're a GS Warriors fan...
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 36,390
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       30 Mar 2017 #10

    sneekez said: View Post
    @tomcat....Thanks for your replies, much appreciated!

    Was looking at your sig, hell of a game last night don't you know! I'm assuming you're a GS Warriors fan...
    That sig refers to a nickname we used in the Chillout Room long time ago. No reference to B-Ball! :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
adobe flash problem in Software and Apps
Needed to install upgrade due to an error message that latest version was required for NPR and other applications. After installation still receiving same error message.
Adobe Flash in Browsers and Email
I completed the download of 14295 with no problem yesterday. Today I keep receiving pop ups that say ADOBE FLASH HAS CRASHED Where does this come from????????????????????
Adobe Flash in Browsers and Email
Hey, do I need a separate installation of Adobe Flash for each browser?
What's going on with Adobe Flash? in Software and Apps
I've worked on three PC's today, and each one is having the same problems with Flash. I get error messages that Flash is out of date and needs to be updated, but..... none of my attempts to update it have worked. What used to be so simple has...
Adobe Flash in Browsers and Email
I keep getting a notice from Adobe Flash stating that I need to install a critical update in W10 Preview 9879. But it cannot be installed, see attachment. Has anyone else had this problem ? and should one need to download Flash in W10.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:08.
Find Us