1.    17 Mar 2017 #1
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 267
    Windows 10 Home

    I have recently got this ad popping up on websites


    I have recently got this crap popping up on websites, I want to know how to get rid of it I am using opera 14. See picture it does not give you any names of the company that's doing it.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Junk.PNG 
Views:	5 
Size:	414.8 KB 
ID:	125486
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    17 Mar 2017 #2
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Manchester, U.K.
    Posts : 549
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit

    You could try downloading MalwareBytes, Eset online scanner & Adwcleaner & also run your anti virus software to see if anything is found.
    MBAM: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mbam_2x
    Eset: Free Virus Scan | Online Virus Scan from ESET | ESET
    Awcleaner: Downloads - AdwCleaner - ToolsLib

    I've added version 2 of MBAM as it's still the most stable version - ver 3 has many problems.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    17 Mar 2017 #3
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 267
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Bastet View Post
    You could try downloading MalwareBytes, Eset online scanner & Adwcleaner & also run your anti virus software to see if anything is found.
    MBAM: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mbam_2x
    Eset: Free Virus Scan | Online Virus Scan from ESET | ESET
    Awcleaner: Downloads - AdwCleaner - ToolsLib

    I've added version 2 of MBAM as it's still the most stable version - ver 3 has many problems.
    Not at home just now. But I ran a smart scan of Avast and it found nothing. Also updated Opera to the latest version. But still the same. Had a look at extensions and they are all disabled. So I haven't a clue what it is. I will give them a go when I get home. Thanks for your help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    17 Mar 2017 #4
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Manchester, U.K.
    Posts : 549
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit

    Make sure you check the scan for root kits under MBAM & Eset - under advanced for Eset iirc.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    17 Mar 2017 #5
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 267
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Bastet View Post
    Make sure you check the scan for root kits under MBAM & Eset - under advanced for Eset iirc.
    OK will do thank you.

    Do you think Malwarebytes exaggerates to get you to buy the program? surely Windows defender and now Avast has not let this much get passed correct?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Malwarebytes free.PNG 
Views:	6 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	125527
    Last edited by hollyoaks777; 17 Mar 2017 at 15:09.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    18 Mar 2017 #6
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Manchester, U.K.
    Posts : 549
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit

    Quote Originally Posted by hollyoaks777 View Post
    OK will do thank you.

    Do you think Malwarebytes exaggerates to get you to buy the program? surely Windows defender and now Avast has not let this much get passed correct?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Malwarebytes free.PNG 
Views:	6 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	125527
    Imo no MalwareBytes will find the same problems as the paid for version, the only difference is the paid version has auto protection so will catch anything before it infects your pc, ver 3 has combined MBAM & MB anti exploit so once the bugs are ironed out it'll give even better protection but the free version is still a manual scanner. There's usually a chance to try the premium version for 30 days (I thing it's 30 days) before deciding whether to purchase, it gives you all the features so may be something to consider.
    MBAM isn't one of those companies where it scans for free but you have to pay to then clean anything it finds.
    It is possible as Win defender & avast while are anti virus they do not scan for potentially unwanted applications nor potentially unwanted programs, No anti virus is 100% effective & usually free ones have a lower detection rate than paid av software.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    18 Mar 2017 #7
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Trnava
    Posts : 2,866
    Windows 10.4 Home 1709 x64

    Quote Originally Posted by hollyoaks777 View Post
    surely Windows defender and now Avast has not let this much get passed correct?
    PUP's detection is disabled by default in Avast and WD.

    Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10

    Turn On PUP Detection in Avast 2016 - YouTube
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    19 Mar 2017 #8
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    UK
    Posts : 2,101
    Windows 10 Home x64 (Laptop), Windows 10 Pro x64 (Desktop)

    Quote Originally Posted by hollyoaks777 View Post
    I have recently got this crap popping up on websites, I want to know how to get rid of it I am using opera 14. See picture it does not give you any names of the company that's doing it.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Junk.PNG 
Views:	5 
Size:	414.8 KB 
ID:	125486
    Try deleting all cookies?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    19 Mar 2017 #9
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 267
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
    Try deleting all cookies?
    Will do thanks will give you all feedback when back on computer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    19 Mar 2017 #10
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Trnava
    Posts : 2,866
    Windows 10.4 Home 1709 x64
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Recently lost access to USB drives
In the last couple of months I have lost access to all USB drives (USB 2 and 3). Mouse and keyboard still work. IPAD USB connection still works. Windows plays sound when plugging and unplugging USB drives. All USB Drives work using uBuntu. ...
Drivers and Hardware
recently updated to windows 10
I need so much help, my computer is barely functioning, i want to go back to windows 7. but its so slow. it says to remove account how the heck do i do that? any help is so welcome
Installation and Upgrade
List of currently or recently uploaded files?
Can I see a list of the currently uploading files from my desktop to onedrive, or files recently uploaded? All I found is the "x files remaining" status.
Software and Apps
What new toy/gadget have you acquired recently?
After Seb posted a pic of his new hiking bag over on the Today thread, I decided to start this thread for people to post about their new toys. What new toys or gadgets have you gotten lately? My latest tech gadget is one of these: Zalman VE-400....
Chillout Room
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums