Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    01 Mar 2017 #1

    Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives.


    Using Windows 10 Mail app, with 3 email accounts, 2 Hotmail and a Gmail address.
    At first all is well, mail is delivered as it arrives. After a while the first hotmail account has to be sync'd manually to get mail. After a while the other Hotmail address starts to need manual sync.
    If I reset the mail app and add the accounts back in it works right for a while.
    If I just remove the accounts and reinstall them the hotmail accounts sync as mail arrives again...for a while, then stops.
    I discovered that if I go in to manage accounts, Change mailbox sync settings then turn email sync off and back on the mail is delivered as it arrives again for a while, then stops. It's a workaround but is a real nuisance. I never know if mail will be delivered automatically or not.
    Any thoughts out there on a permanent fix?



    Also, sometimes the order of the accounts randomly changes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    01 Mar 2017 #2
    Join Date : Oct 2016
    Caledon, Ontario, Canada
    Posts : 3,962
    Windows 10 Pro Build 1703

    Hi imaddicted2u

    If you go Start => Settings => Accounts => Email & app accounts

    your email accounts should be on right. If you click on one and then click on manage, then midway down the page Options for syncing your content.

    How is your box "Download new content" set. I don't use the mail app so mine is set daily. I see you can set to every 15 minutes. I wonder if that will resolve situation.


    Ken
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    02 Mar 2017 #3
    Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 420
    Windows 10

    Go to the Windows Store and ensure it is up to date, the Mail App is updated very frequently, like twice in the last week.
    It depends on the particular Account, but with those two you should be able to set Sync to "as items arrive" > Done > Save.
    However, Syncing is not that great, and I'm always pressing the manual Sync button.

    My Accounts order (6 of 'em) never changes Outlook Mail signed on one is always top, the others are alphabetically below.

    You should also go to:
    1) Settings > Privacy > Email > the two items in there to ON.
    2) Settings > Privacy > Background Apps > Scroll down to Mail and turn that to ON. You will probably want to do that with the People App as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    02 Mar 2017 #4

    Quote Originally Posted by Caledon Ken View Post
    Hi imaddicted2u

    If you go Start => Settings => Accounts => Email & app accounts

    your email accounts should be on right. If you click on one and then click on manage, then midway down the page Options for syncing your content.

    How is your box "Download new content" set. I don't use the mail app so mine is set daily. I see you can set to every 15 minutes. I wonder if that will resolve situation.


    Ken
    Thanks for the reply.
    Set to "As items arrive". When the problem is happening changing the setting to 15 minutes doesn't help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    02 Mar 2017 #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Helmut View Post
    Go to the Windows Store and ensure it is up to date, the Mail App is updated very frequently, like twice in the last week.
    It depends on the particular Account, but with those two you should be able to set Sync to "as items arrive" > Done > Save.
    However, Syncing is not that great, and I'm always pressing the manual Sync button.

    My Accounts order (6 of 'em) never changes Outlook Mail signed on one is always top, the others are alphabetically below.

    You should also go to:
    1) Settings > Privacy > Email > the two items in there to ON.
    2) Settings > Privacy > Background Apps > Scroll down to Mail and turn that to ON. You will probably want to do that with the People App as well.
    Thanks
    The mail app is up to date. The accounts are set to "as items arrive" which works for hours or days then it stops and only a manual sync will get mail. I usually send mail from the account I'm logged in with but I have to check each time that I'm picking the right one because that account I'm logged in with is not always on top. I'm thinking the accounts moving is a symptom of whatever is causing the manual sync issue. The settings you mentioned are already on.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    02 Mar 2017 #6
    Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 420
    Windows 10

    All I can say is MS support suggested a re-install of the Mail App and corruption of the User Profile/Account.
    I re-installed the Mail App and MS created another test Account, however I still get problems with forwarding certain Emails and the Syncing is still dubious. I showed MS the problem, they created the Test Account, and said it was fixed....
    This is the last message from MS customer support:
    "Service Request: XXXXXXXXXX
    Hi XXXXX,

    This is XX XX with Microsoft Global Escalation Services.
    Based on our last conversation it appears that this case is not resolved and ready to be archived. If this is not correct or if you are not very satisfied with the support we've provided please let us know as soon as possible. My goal is to ensure that your experience with Microsoft support leaves you very satisfied with our products and services.
    Please reply to this email should you have any questions or concerns.
    Sincerely,
    XX XX
    Support Escalation Engineer
    Global Escalation Services "
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    02 Mar 2017 #7

    Thanks for the info. I'm guessing but I figure the issue is caused by the app losing contact with the server and toggling the email sync setting for the affected accounts remakes the connection. That might explain why the email accounts order changes as well. Whenever both hotmail accounts are messed up the gmail account moves to the top of the order.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    02 Mar 2017 #8
    Join Date : Oct 2016
    Caledon, Ontario, Canada
    Posts : 3,962
    Windows 10 Pro Build 1703

    I believe there is a separate Outlook app which is good for mail and calendar. Not sure it is the same thing as Windows 10 mail but I could be wrong. My spouse use app on Android smart phone, no syncing issues with outlook.com (hotmail) but only one account.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    02 Mar 2017 #9
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Poole Dorset UK
    Posts : 2,559
    Windows 10 x64 Home Version(1709) Build16299.64

    Have you used the link app which will set up another inbox which you can name whatever you want to.
    Then all your mail if there is any go into one inbox
    I have mine set up like that and I find it most useful
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    02 Mar 2017 #10

    Quote Originally Posted by Caledon Ken View Post
    I believe there is a separate Outlook app which is good for mail and calendar. Not sure it is the same thing as Windows 10 mail but I could be wrong. My spouse use app on Android smart phone, no syncing issues with outlook.com (hotmail) but only one account.
    Can't find anything in the Microsoft store, found the app you mention on Google Playstore though. Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old
Hi All, I've searched wide and far online for an answer but have had little luck - looking to one of you for some guidance here if possible. Issue: Sent mail folder in Mail application on Windows 10 doesn't sync more than 30 days of send...
Browsers and Email
Solved Syncing e-mail accounts in Windows 10 Mail app error code 80072726
Hey guys, I am enjoying Windows 10! for the most part.... Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro does fine. Core i7-4500U 256 SSD 8 GB or RAM This may be more of a networking issue and how the Mail App communicates over the network. I am not able to sync any...
Software and Apps
Windows mail doesn't show mail in inboxes
So, instead of using my browser for my emails I set them up in Windows Mail, but although it will show all the folders it won't show anything in my inboxes. I've tried syncing but to no avail.
Browsers and Email
Solved AVG stops windows 10 mail working properly
Hi just thought I woul post this as my previous thread may help someone AVG Windows 10 firewall blocks mail app from syncing!!! | AVG Dave
Browsers and Email
Solved Can I Import Live Mail 2012 to Windows 10 Mail?
I've used WLM 2012 with Windows 7 and it has worked fine all these years. After installing 10 I see it contains its own Mail app. Is it possible to transfer all my emails and settings from WLM to Mail?
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums