Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    01 Jul 2015 #11
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,472
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    How are you getting that entry to even come up? It won't even show for me.

    I was able to get DuckDuckGo to work as my default search engine. Although I had to fiddle with it.
    Put google.c*o*m for your own region on the Favorites Bar for a while and it may creep in there.
    (asterisks are only so it doesn't come up a link)
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    15 Jul 2015 #12
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,472
    Windows 10 Professional

    Edge allows Google in da 'House'!!!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000010.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	24618
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    15 Jul 2015 #13
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Posts : 3,143
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Edge allows Google in da 'House'!!!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000010.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	24618
    This isn't Microsoft's doing. Google finally added OpenSearch links in their headers, which allows you to add them as a search host.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    15 Jul 2015 #14
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,472
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    This isn't Microsoft's doing. Google finally added OpenSearch links in their headers, which allows you to add them as a search host.
    Makes sense. Thanks.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    04 Aug 2015 #15
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10

    weary


    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Hello CB,

    Q1) I've had no luck with setting to Google yet either.

    Q2) In Microsoft Edge, you have the "Startup page", and a separate home page for the "Home button" only.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html

    Hope this helps,
    Shawn
    Gearing everything to push us all towards the MS products rather than provide what WE want is so old school. It was so simple before to set my Homepage and voila; done. Now I need to ask the MS experts how to do it. What rubbish. First things I notice give me the bad taste about Win10; first this and then downloads that don't provide a Save As capability. More rubbish. Good grief; this is 2015 and we are reverting to the old crud again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    04 Aug 2015 #16
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,711
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17046

    Quote Originally Posted by braunejl View Post
    Gearing everything to push us all towards the MS products rather than provide what WE want is so old school. It was so simple before to set my Homepage and voila; done. Now I need to ask the MS experts how to do it. What rubbish. First things I notice give me the bad taste about Win10; first this and then downloads that don't provide a Save As capability. More rubbish. Good grief; this is 2015 and we are reverting to the old crud again.
    Hello Braunejl, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    You can change the search engine easily now.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

    It's not "Save as", but you can change the default downloads folder.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Browsers & Email Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge
How to Change Microsoft Edge Startup Page in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web. The...
Tutorials
Browsers & Email Turn On or Off Page Prediction in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
How to Turn On or Off Page Prediction in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern...
Tutorials
Spartan. I'm missing ability to highlight page text to search via Bing
As it says... I often need to highlight a section of text in a web page and then look it up using Bing. Is this doable ?
Browsers and Email
Windows 10 build 10120: Microsoft introduces a 'new tab' page for Edge
Read more: http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-10-build-10120-microsoft-introduces-a-039new-tab039-page-for-edge
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums