Windows 10: What is wrong with my Edge?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    28 Jan 2017 #1

    What is wrong with my Edge?


    Microsoft Edge browser became really buggy all of a sudden. I've done a clean Windows install soon after that (WIn10 build 1607), but the problem is still there. I have tried resetting the browser only, but no success. GPU drivers are up to date (R9 380). It only happens in Edge, all other browsers are fine. When I made a new local account, there were no problems.

    Video upload (AK1G) - vidme

    This kind of a twitch happens every now and then and I have to restart the browser so I can use it normally. It happens in all kinds of situations, while browsing, being open in the background or being completely idle. The apps which are running simultaneously become unresponsive until I minimize/ maximize/ switch between them.

    Is there a way to fix this without making a new account?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    28 Jan 2017 #2

    in a nutshell it's a microsoft browser, that is what is wrong with it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 2,607
    Windows 10 x64 Home Version(1709) Build16299.371
       28 Jan 2017 #3

    MaxPad said: View Post
    in a nutshell it's a microsoft browser, that is what is wrong with it.
    Nothing wrong with Edge Browser been using it since day one, it is 99% better than IE as since installed have had no freezes etc
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 2,607
    Windows 10 x64 Home Version(1709) Build16299.371
       28 Jan 2017 #4

    jakov1 said: View Post
    Microsoft Edge browser became really buggy all of a sudden. I've done a clean Windows install soon after that (WIn10 build 1607), but the problem is still there. I have tried resetting the browser only, but no success. GPU drivers are up to date (R9 380). It only happens in Edge, all other browsers are fine. When I made a new local account, there were no problems.

    Video upload (AK1G) - vidme

    This kind of a twitch happens every now and then and I have to restart the browser so I can use it normally. It happens in all kinds of situations, while browsing, being open in the background or being completely idle. The apps which are running simultaneously become unresponsive until I minimize/ maximize/ switch between them.

    Is there a way to fix this without making a new account?
    Just a question do you have Java anywhere on your computer as that could or might cause your problem, or any other program you have installed.
    Also have you downloaded and installed the latest update
    Critical Update KB3211320 for Windows 10 Version 1607
    Last edited by hTconeM9user; 28 Jan 2017 at 08:16. Reason: Added link
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    28 Jan 2017 #5

    hTconeM9user said: View Post
    Nothing wrong with Edge Browser been using it since day one, it is 99% better than IE as since installed have had no freezes etc

    That's only your experience and obviously doesn't mirror everyone's. In my experience, Edge is junk with constant freezes and crashes. Went back to Firefox and highly doubt I'll ever go back to Edge.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 2,607
    Windows 10 x64 Home Version(1709) Build16299.371
       28 Jan 2017 #6

    JBGoode said: View Post
    That's only your experience and obviously doesn't mirror everyone's. In my experience, Edge is junk with constant freezes and crashes. Went back to Firefox and highly doubt I'll ever go back to Edge.
    I know that but Chrome, Firefox and IE all messed up my systems I look after including ones in my grand daughter shops Edge runs fast and keeps her business going
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    28 Jan 2017 #7

    hTconeM9user said: View Post
    Nothing wrong with Edge Browser been using it since day one, it is 99% better than IE as since installed have had no freezes etc
    you can stop stocking / trolling me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    28 Jan 2017 #8

    JBGoode said: View Post
    That's only your experience and obviously doesn't mirror everyone's. In my experience, Edge is junk with constant freezes and crashes. Went back to Firefox and highly doubt I'll ever go back to Edge.
    thank you
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    28 Jan 2017 #9

    IMHO, MS never got IE right and I doubt they every get Edge right. I only use it for testing on my Insider build.*I prefer to use Pale Moon as my main browser.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    28 Jan 2017 #10

    I see I just got my first asterisk*using Edge*on the latest Insider Build. I'm going back to Pale Moon.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Related Threads
    I noticed over the weekend when I go to speedtest.net it shows the wrong location. I live on the east outskirts of London yet it thinks my nearest test server is Aberdeen / Edinburgh. If I go to edge, the home/start page which can be customised...
    so i logged onto pc just now and edge browser's configuration has been reset..all my saved bookmarks are gone. have to recreate them. unless during the night it received an anonymous upgrade.. i want to physically strangle this program.:mad:
    I have setup Google as my default search engine in Edge. If I open a new tab, and see "Where to next?" I have a problem that if I enter a search that has a "." it will fail. i.e. Search for "how to boot from NVMe m.2 SSD" I get an error...
    Not sure if this is a MS issue. Default zoom setting for Edge is 125% but Outlook email is suddenly really tiny in size despite Edge showing 125%. The right hand 30% of the screen is now just empty white space. If I change it to 100% and back to...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:55.
    Find Us