Windows 10: 10158 - Edge Cannot import Favorites

  1.    30 Jun 2015 #1

    10158 - Edge Cannot import Favorites


    Hi Everyone,

    Just seeing if anybody else is having issues importing I.E. favorites into Edge. When I attempt to import the favorites, it says "Couldn't Import Favorites"
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    31 Jul 2015 #2

    mayorville said: View Post
    Hi Everyone,

    Just seeing if anybody else is having issues importing I.E. favorites into Edge. When I attempt to import the favorites, it says "Couldn't Import Favorites"
    I have the same problem
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    31 Jul 2015 #3

    Mine did import favorites. I don't recall the process because it went fine. I only remember glitches.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    31 Jul 2015 #4

    bonniesandy said: View Post
    I have the same problem

    Have you upgraded to the RTM release?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    01 Aug 2015 #5

    mayorville said: View Post
    Hi Everyone,

    Just seeing if anybody else is having issues importing I.E. favorites into Edge. When I attempt to import the favorites, it says "Couldn't Import Favorites"
    I'm having the same exact issue with my Windows 10 Pro on my home built desktop. I installed Windows 10 Home on my Samsung laptop and the favorites from Internet Explorer imported to Edge with no problems. So why did it work on my laptop but not my desktop? Every time I try I just get a message that says "couldn't import favorites".
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    01 Aug 2015 #6

    Where do you have your favorites stored on the machine that it didn't work on? In order to get the favorites to import, they have to be at the default location (C:\Users\UserName\Favorites).

    If they are located any other location, they won't import & moving the folder back doesn't exactly work either.

    You can try some of the suggestions from MS Answers:

    Couldnt Import Favorites - Microsoft Community



    JerseyBiker said: View Post
    I'm having the same exact issue with my Windows 10 Pro on my home built desktop. I installed Windows 10 Home on my Samsung laptop and the favorites from Internet Explorer imported to Edge with no problems. So why did it work on my laptop but not my desktop? Every time I try I just get a message that says "couldn't import favorites".
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    02 Aug 2015 #7

    mayorville said: View Post
    Where do you have your favorites stored on the machine that it didn't work on? In order to get the favorites to import, they have to be at the default location (C:\Users\UserName\Favorites).
    That's probably the issue. I have my program files on my C: dive which is only 250gb SSD drive. All of my data is stored on my 1tb D: drive including favorites. My laptop has only 1 hard drive. So moving the favorites folder to the correct location on my C: drive will not work? Thanks for the reply.

    EDIT: I went to that link in your reply and found a solution. The fix is copying the Favorites bookmarks to the Edge favorites folder and editing the registry file. It was a little tedious finding the Edge favorite folder. I now have all of my several hundred favorites in Edge. Only thing is the folders and single bookmarks are all listed alphabetically so they are mixed up together.
    Last edited by JerseyBiker; 02 Aug 2015 at 08:36.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
How to Add or Remove Favorites in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and built for the modern Web. You can keep track of the...
Hi, I'm using Edge and having a problem when I import Favorites from IE. The problem I have is one folder in particular, St. Louis Rams that has 22 items in it, (see screen shot below) only one item/bookmark came over when I imported Favorites...
10158 Edge Favorites Bar in Browsers and Email
The Favorites Bar is still useless. Favicons not showing and the links just won't stay in the order you want them. I was using the Hub for Favorites, Reading etc. If someone can tell me where I am going wrong, please let me know. Still no use...
I like this version of edge except I can't figure out how to organize the favorites. When I add a new one it ends up on the bottom of the list and I haven't been able to move entries around in the list. I like the way IE allows me to drag favorites...
I successfully imported my favorites from Chrome into EDGE. However they are in reverse alphabetical order. Is there any way to resort into alphabetical order? I can't find a way. Thanks
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47.
Find Us