Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    07 Jun 2015 #1
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 24
    Windows 10 / Windows 10 Mobile

    why does backspace take you back to the previous page?


    In Spartan why on earth does pressing backspace take you back to the previous space. I keep accidentally doing this and it is very annoying.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    07 Jun 2015 #2
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 11,008
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    All browsers do that. Have a look at this

    http://bluetechstorm.com/disable-bac...nd-save-going/
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    07 Jun 2015 #3
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 3,984
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint

    It also depends upon where the cursor is or is not, if the cursor has been clicked in a dialog box it works normally. If it is not visible such as when clicking on a blank area on a page then the Backspace works on the Back arrow on the toolbar.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    07 Jun 2015 #4
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 24
    Windows 10 / Windows 10 Mobile
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    All browsers do that. Have a look at this

    http://bluetechstorm.com/disable-bac...nd-save-going/
    Perfect, thanks.

    Btw is anyone else having problems using spartan on this forum? Sometimes it doesn't let me type a reply.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    07 Jun 2015 #5

    Not just browsers, but file explorer and maybe some other programs do it. This has been the way of things in like forever.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    07 Jun 2015 #6
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Houston, Tx
    Posts : 123
    Win 10

    Never knew about this backspace thing, tnx !
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    07 Jun 2015 #7
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 24
    Windows 10 / Windows 10 Mobile
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    It also depends upon where the cursor is or is not, if the cursor has been clicked in a dialog box it works normally. If it is not visible such as when clicking on a blank area on a page then the Backspace works on the Back arrow on the toolbar.

    Yes, the problem is the cursor disappears from dialogue boxes occasionally for no obvious reason, and you end up flying back through your browser history instead of deleting a few letters of text.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    07 Jun 2015 #8
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Posts : 3,143
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mccririck View Post
    Perfect, thanks.

    Btw is anyone else having problems using spartan on this forum? Sometimes it doesn't let me type a reply.
    The forum software doesn't "know" about Spartan, and thinks it's IE. Therefore, it tries to use older compatibility hacks with it that don't work in Spartan because Spartan is not backwards compatible with old, non-standard behavior.

    The forum software has to be updated to be "Spartan Friendly", as will many other sites that assume Spartan is IE and try to use compatibility modes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    07 Jun 2015 #9
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 24
    Windows 10 / Windows 10 Mobile
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    The forum software doesn't "know" about Spartan, and thinks it's IE. Therefore, it tries to use older compatibility hacks with it that don't work in Spartan because Spartan is not backwards compatible with old, non-standard behavior.

    The forum software has to be updated to be "Spartan Friendly", as will many other sites that assume Spartan is IE and try to use compatibility modes.
    Slightly ironic on a Windows 10 forum.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    07 Jun 2015 #10
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Posts : 3,143
    Windows 10 Pro

    Yeah, I know.. but they're using off the shelf forum software that's been customized. They're stuck waiting for an update to the forum software and/or switching to a different piece of software.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Installation & Upgrade Go Back to the Previous Version of Windows in Windows 10
How to Go Back to Previous Version of Windows in Windows 10 When you upgrade to Windows 10, a copy of the previous installation is saved to the Windows.old folder in the root directory of the Windows 10 drive as a backup. This backup will allow...
Tutorials
Windows Store, "Something went wrong", Build 10166 (And previous ones)
Hello! Got a little problem with Windows Store. I'm unable to install anything from there. I get an error whenever I try to install anything: "Try again later, something went wrong" (Might be translated a bit off as my Store app is not in...
Software and Apps
Solved Cant change StartMenu settings from previous Win7 install
So I upgraded to Windows 10, it did the in-place upgrade but I now have a problem, in my Win7 install I had my startmenu set so that 0 recent apps were displayed, only the apps I pinned were. Now on my Windows 10 it seems like this setting has...
Software and Apps
GeForce Hotfix driver 350.05 - Much better than previous 349.XX
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3647 I tested this drivers all day yesterday after a clean install of 10051 leaked/which is worse than 10049 but that is for another post.. I found these drivers to be much more stable, and...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums