Windows 10: Things going to back and webpage stays on top

  1.    18 Sep 2016 #1

    Things going to back and webpage stays on top


    I just had to do a fresh install of Windows 10 and then all my programs I use. Since then I have been having a nagging problem, i find it hard to explain so I hope the fix is easier.

    This happens on all webpages, Outlook, for example.

    No matter if I am on a website or have Outlook open full screen. Many time I will open a program or open a website and then have a link that I want to click on and see the dialog box,Outlook for example when I have open full page and I click on a email to read or to compose a new email the second my mouse pointer goes off the smaller dialog box or email they disappear, not really disappear but it goes to the back and leaves me with either the original webpage I was on or the Outlook interface.

    I don't know if there is a setting somewhere that I need to change, I hope it is that easy. To make it clear as to what my issue is, whenever I click on a email it goes to the back and my main interface is on my screen and the smaller dialog window or email in Outlook goes tot he back, I have to close or minimize whatever webpage or software programs I am working on and the dialog window or email's or anything that disappeared is in the back. I do not want the smaller windows or dialogs windows to go to the back the second I move my mouse off the email or dialog box. This happens on everything that I open a link that is a small window, it goes to the back the second I move the mouse pointer off the window.

    I don't want the main pages to always be on top
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 1,582
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240
       18 Sep 2016 #2

    Did not read.

    Bold font too loud for me!

    Please use default.

    Bye.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    18 Sep 2016 #3

    Fafhrd said: View Post
    Did not read.

    Bold font too loud for me!

    Please use default.

    Bye.
    It's not bold and appears normal to me so I'm not sure why it appears too bold for you. Do this happen to anyone else or is the fonts normal as they appear to me??
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 396
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       18 Sep 2016 #4

    Normal for me on iPad.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 1,582
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240
       18 Sep 2016 #5

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016_09_18_12_27_381.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	216.6 KB 
ID:	101991

    That's what it looks like at 100% on Chrome and 75% on Edge - I am afraid it gives me an immediate headache, just looking at it.

    The font you use is Arial black - a bold font and the size you have used is 4.

    Even if I were to add bold emphasis to the default font, and then enlarge it it would only look like this

    Send it back to Arial size 3, with normal emhasis - the default - for pity's sake, then more non-sight impaired people may be able to read it without head-splitting migraines.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 46
    Windows 10 Home 1607 Annv.
       18 Sep 2016 #6

    Eaglepi said: View Post
    It's not bold and appears normal to me so I'm not sure why it appears too bold for you. Do this happen to anyone else or is the fonts normal as they appear to me??
    It does appear as Fafhrd says on my pc using Edge, large and bold. Can be changed using Font, Size and emphasis as Fafhrd has told you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 2,554
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 14393.1198
       18 Sep 2016 #7

    Eaglepi said: View Post
    I just had to do a fresh install of Windows 10 and then all my programs I use. Since then I have been having a nagging problem, i find it hard to explain so I hope the fix is easier.

    This happens on all webpages, Outlook, for example.

    No matter if I am on a website or have Outlook open full screen. Many time I will open a program or open a website and then have a link that I want to click on and see the dialog box,Outlook for example when I have open full page and I click on a email to read or to compose a new email the second my mouse pointer goes off the smaller dialog box or email they disappear, not really disappear but it goes to the back and leaves me with either the original webpage I was on or the Outlook interface.

    I don't know if there is a setting somewhere that I need to change, I hope it is that easy. To make it clear as to what my issue is, whenever I click on a email it goes to the back and my main interface is on my screen and the smaller dialog window or email in Outlook goes tot he back, I have to close or minimize whatever webpage or software programs I am working on and the dialog window or email's or anything that disappeared is in the back. I do not want the smaller windows or dialogs windows to go to the back the second I move my mouse off the email or dialog box. This happens on everything that I open a link that is a small window, it goes to the back the second I move the mouse pointer off the window.

    I don't want the main pages to always be on top
    Yes Bold appearing on my laptop using Edge.
    Why not use Times Roman or make sure bold has not been pressed by mistake when you press as yes otherwise reading it does give you headache
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Not able to load webpage.PLEASE HELP in Network and Sharing
Hi guys, I am having a problem with my browser or wireless adapter. Here is the problem Whenever I try to load any website or webpage in my PC via my wireless adapter to connect to my home wifi ,the webpage just loads half or 1/4 and my browser...
Webpage Loading in Network and Sharing
All of a sudden, some webpages load SUUUPPPERR SLOOWW even though they didn't before. I just installed the latest Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Driver if that helps at all :/ What is the latest version of that driver, by the way? Thanks1
Source: Open Translators to Things: An Open Approach for Accessing Similar Things | Building Apps for Windows
Webpage Error in Browsers and Email
Just starting yesterday links from newegg.com emails once clicked open a webpage and leaves error to update my browser. Once I open F12 tools I see the page is loaded using docmode IE7 default but ie 11 is available and I can't make the change...
Webpage True in Browsers and Email
Lately I have occasionally had a box appear in the centre of the screen when I attempt to change screen in internet explorer. The box says " message from Webpage True Do you want to leave this page or stay on this page". Has anyone else had this...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58.
Find Us