Windows 10: How to change options on Project Spartan?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 180
    Win 10 64bit with AU
       03 May 2015 #1

    How to change options on Project Spartan?


    Just started looking at Spartan today and I'm struggling to work out how to do a few things, that I think were on the 'Internet Options' tab in IE.

    Can anyone tell me how to:

    Change how tabs work so when I open something in a new tab I automatically switch to that tab
    Change my Home Page (I can't find an icon for this now, just something where you have to type in the address. Is this the new way?)
    Delete something from my favorites (right click doesn't offer any options)

    Maybe there is a quick guide to Project Spartan that I (also) haven't found yet?

    Thanks for any suggestions.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 8,345
    Windows 10 Professional
       03 May 2015 #2

    SaggyMaggyPoo said: View Post
    Just started looking at Spartan today and I'm struggling to work out how to do a few things, that I think were on the 'Internet Options' tab in IE.

    Can anyone tell me how to:

    Change how tabs work so when I open something in a new tab I automatically switch to that tab
    Change my Home Page (I can't find an icon for this now, just something where you have to type in the address. Is this the new way?)
    Delete something from my favorites (right click doesn't offer any options)

    Maybe there is a quick guide to Project Spartan that I (also) haven't found yet?

    Thanks for any suggestions.
    Hey Maggy,

    In Spartan, if you click on an external link, it will open in a new tab and switch to it immediately, (if you have it set that way in Internet Options, I believe),
    if you wheel click any link, it will open in a new tab but not switch to it immediately.

    Change Home Page:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000041.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	18330

    Delete favorites:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000042.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	18331
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 5,012
    Windows 10 Pro X64 15063.138
       03 May 2015 #3

    There is no "Use current page" button in Spartan, you have to type or copy and paste a URL you want to use for your home page.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 180
    Win 10 64bit with AU
    Thread Starter
       04 May 2015 #4

    Ztruker said: View Post
    There is no "Use current page" button in Spartan, you have to type or copy and paste a URL you want to use for your home page.
    Thanks for this. It's a pain (IMO) to have to type or paste a URL rather than being able to do this through icons and clicks. Can't see this method being popular with a lot of people, and if it's not easy to change the home page from MSN it might put people off using this browser.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 180
    Win 10 64bit with AU
    Thread Starter
       04 May 2015 #5

    Edwin said: View Post
    Hey Maggy,

    In Spartan, if you click on an external link, it will open in a new tab and switch to it immediately, (if you have it set that way in Internet Options, I believe),
    if you wheel click any link, it will open in a new tab but not switch to it immediately.
    I haven't managed to find Internet Options in Spartan yet . I had IE set to automatically switch to a new tab when I chose to open a link in one, and it was very useful on here as I tend to get lost if I keep opening links in the same tab. And sometimes links here automatically open in a new tab, but not always. If the new tab switch isn't automatic I find myself looking at the screen, wondering why nothing has changed, before I remember to check if the tab has opened. So for me, if I can't do this, it will be a pain.

    Edwin said: View Post
    Change Home Page:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000041.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	18330
    Thank you. Done.

    Edwin said: View Post
    Delete favorites:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000042.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	18331
    I was struggling with this at first as I was looking for that Remove button at the bottom of my favorites list. But then I right-clicked, and there it was! But I KNOW yesterday when I tried I had NO right click options.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    04 May 2015 #6

    SaggyMaggyPoo said: View Post
    Thanks for this. It's a pain (IMO) to have to type or paste a URL rather than being able to do this through icons and clicks. Can't see this method being popular with a lot of people, and if it's not easy to change the home page from MSN it might put people off using this browser.
    Why, do you have any idea how few people actually change their homepage? Unless some third party program does it for them...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    05 May 2015 #7

    I'd like to know the number of how few people change their homepage. So far I know at least 2 people.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 7,883
    Windows 10
       05 May 2015 #8

    Winuser said: View Post
    I'd like to know the number of how few people change their homepage. So far I know at least 2 people.
    Now 3.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    05 May 2015 #9

    labeeman said: View Post
    Now 3.
    With such a low number I'm surprised they even give us the option to change the home page.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    05 May 2015 #10

    We are not representative of the vast majority of users.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Related Threads
I am a developer who currently has a web application that calls a COM object on the PC that IE is running on. With Project Spartan I'm aware that they are getting rid of Active X which is the method we used to be able to do this. What I'm...
Project Spartan fails to open in Browsers and Email
Ever since I upgraded to version 10074 I cannot get Spartan to open. It starts to activate then shuts down again before the blue splash screen has disappeared. As Spartan is set to default - whenever I use a program that requires access to the net,...
I am using Build 10074. How do I pin a website to the Start Screen? In Win 8.1 Internet Explorer, I could "Add site to Apps", then pin it to Start. How do I do this with Edge?
Solved No Project Spartan in Build 10049 in Browsers and Email
Hi there. I recently installed 10049, but Project Spartan is not there or isn't working. When I go to All Apps and search under P for Project Spartan, there is an icon. When I click on it, it puts a big picture of Project Spartan on the screen, but...
Project Spartan in Browsers and Email
I saw somewhere on a MS site that if you are a member of THe insiders Club that you can download this browser. I can't seem to locate the url for the download. Can anyone help with this?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34.
Find Us