Windows 10: How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads
How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads
Can any one advise me how I can set Microsoft EDGE that is in Windows 10 to by default download to D:\Downloads?
I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):
How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News
The download folder can be changed in File Explorer, the former Windows Explorer, directly.
- Open File Explorer by clicking on the folder icon in the Windows Taskbar, or with the shortcut Windows-e.
- Locate the Download folder on the left side, right-click on it and select properties from the context menu.
- Switch to the location tab in the Downloads properties.
- There you find the current location listed. If you want to set a new folder without moving existing files, simply enter the new path, e.g. d:\downloads and hit apply afterwards.
- If you want all existing files to be moved, click on move instead, pick a new folder location, and select yes when the move folder prompt appears.
- Microsoft Edge will use the new folder for all downloads from that moment on.
EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
No backups, no system restore, nothing of the sort. No data to worry about either. But the folders were being annoying confusing themselves for each other, my downloads shortcuts were renamed to documents and pointed to the documents directory but...
Anyone know how to change the default Downloads folder in Edge in build 10159?
I've looked through all the settings, including the Advanced ones, and there's nowhere to change this.
Is there a way to change the default folder for downloads in Edge? I don't really want downloads being directed to my C: which is a SSD. I would prefer to change this to my HDD. Internet Explorer allowed this.
Even if it means a manual registry...
I currently have Firefox, IE and Edge installed on my PC. Firefox is set as the default browser. When I go into the default apps setting screen and click to change my default browser, only IE and Firefox are on the list, so I can't select Edge.
How do I change the Default Download Location in Edge?