Windows 10: Editing favorites in Edge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    20 Jul 2016 #1

    Editing favorites in Edge


    So, one of the annoying things about Edge is that the Favorites are all stored in a database, and there is no UI feature to edit them (such as changing the url after the Favorite has been created).

    This can be a little annoying when the link you want to save as a favorite gets redirected right away, so you don't have a chance to store the root favorite.

    The easiest way to work around this is to create the favorite in IE, then import favorites into Edge. Yes, it's an extra step, but it works for me. Technically, this is not Editing the favorite, it's recreating it... but it gives you more control.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    20 Jul 2016 #2

    Just wondering but can't you do that also with Chrome??
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    20 Jul 2016 #3

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Just wondering but can't you do that also with Chrome??
    No, there is no import from Chrome in Edge, only IE and Firefox. So you could do it in Firefox as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    21 Jul 2016 #4

    I found this: System Programming with VB.Net/C#

    It looks like a nice third party tool to manage bookmarks in Edge.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 8,345
    Windows 10 Professional
       21 Jul 2016 #5

    Mystere said: View Post
    So, one of the annoying things about Edge is that the Favorites are all stored in a database, and there is no UI feature to edit them (such as changing the url after the Favorite has been created).

    This can be a little annoying when the link you want to save as a favorite gets redirected right away, so you don't have a chance to store the root favorite.

    The easiest way to work around this is to create the favorite in IE, then import favorites into Edge. Yes, it's an extra step, but it works for me. Technically, this is not Editing the favorite, it's recreating it... but it gives you more control.
    That's the thing about Apps; it's like borrowing someone else's car, can't do anything with them!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 40
    Windows 10 Home Insider Preview
       21 Jul 2016 #6

    Mystere said: View Post
    No, there is no import from Chrome in Edge, only IE and Firefox. So you could do it in Firefox as well.
    I imported mine from Chrome in 1511 10586.494.. The option in 14393 is not present??
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 8,345
    Windows 10 Professional
       21 Jul 2016 #7

    Peggsie said: View Post
    I imported mine from Chrome in 1511 10586.494.. The option in 14393 is not present??
    It's there.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000083.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	91243
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    21 Jul 2016 #8

    Strange, it's not there on my version... oh well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    21 Jul 2016 #9

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    I found this: System Programming with VB.Net/C#

    It looks like a nice third party tool to manage bookmarks in Edge.
    That's a very nice little tool. Only problem is you can't edit them when Edge is open
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 40
    Windows 10 Home Insider Preview
       22 Jul 2016 #10

    Edwin said: View Post
    It's there.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000083.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	91243
    You're right it's there. I had downloaded Chrome after a clean install but forgot to login so import chrome favorites didn't show up in
    Edge because there was nothing to import. Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
For uninteresting reasons I have not had occasion to try to edit my favourites till yesterday. I find that, if I am connected to the Internet, anything I do is undone within seconds. If I delete a folder of links for example, then it stays...
I have lost all my Favorites in Edge. I have recovered a copy of the desired Favorites and have placed these favorites on my desktop as a file folder. The file structure has all the folders, and within each folder, the links to all the favorite...
Hi folks, So I have been playing with making my own custom themes, as many here have done (and shared here). However, I wanted to do a little more, and in the process I solved some of my own confusions but brought up new ones. So I wanted to...
I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am...
I have not been able to delete favorites from the "Favorite Bar" drop down list. The right-click and the delete key do not work.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48.
Find Us