Windows 10: All website logons lost when powering up the computer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 64 bit Home & Pro
       05 Jul 2016 #1

    All website logons lost when powering up the computer


    I am not sure if this is a win 10 issue or a browser issue.

    I use the latest IE on my system running win 10 home 64 bit.

    Whenever I power up the computer, all my logon details for every website are lost and I have to manually logon to each website that I am a member of and visit.
    This must be a cookie issue but I am at a loss as to what is clearing the cookies either on shut down or powering up.
    I have checked all the usual suspects in 'Internet Options' and all seems fine there.

    Is there anything else specifically within win 10 can cause this? I have looked, but I cannot find anything that needs either enabling or disabling.

    My next step is to try another browser such as Firefox, but I prefer IE.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 474
    Windows 10 Pro (Mix of Builds) / Linux Mint
       05 Jul 2016 #2

    My gut reaction is browser itself, however not of "cookies" but the logon database.

    I would recommend Chome myself ...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 64 bit Home & Pro
    Thread Starter
       05 Jul 2016 #3

    RWOne said: View Post
    My gut reaction is browser itself, however not of "cookies" but the logon database.

    I would recommend Chome myself ...

    The strange thing is, that I also use IE on another computer which is running win 10 Pro, not 'home' as this one is and that doesn't have the same problem.

    I shall keep looking for the answer, but I do suspect that I will have to dump IE for good. I am sure that Msoft are deliberately slowing it down anyway to try and force everyone to use Edge which I don't like.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    05 Jul 2016 #4

    dogman said: View Post
    I am not sure if this is a win 10 issue or a browser issue.

    I use the latest IE on my system running win 10 home 64 bit.

    Whenever I power up the computer, all my logon details for every website are lost and I have to manually logon to each website that I am a member of and visit. This must be a cookie issue but I am at a loss as to what is clearing the cookies either on shut down or powering up.
    Do you have cookies set to automatically delete, or are you running Ccleaner? If you are running Ccleaner you must specify which cookies you want saved.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 64 bit Home & Pro
    Thread Starter
       05 Jul 2016 #5

    No CCcleaner installed.

    Cookies are NOT set to automatically delete upon closing browser.
    I want to be able to access my usual websites of which I am a member without having to re-enter details every time I visit after powering down the computer.
    I have checked all the usual suspects and even tried a default reset in Internet options to no avail.

    Every setting seems to be correct but still the problem persists.
    I am really confused. I will find the solution eventually as I am not one for giving up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    05 Jul 2016 #6

    Have you checked in Credential Manager in the Control Panel

    This should hold your usernames and passwords that IE stores
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 64 bit Home & Pro
    Thread Starter
       05 Jul 2016 #7

    paulsalter said: View Post
    Have you checked in Credential Manager in the Control Panel

    This should hold your usernames and passwords that IE stores

    No, where exactly is that?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 64 bit Home & Pro
    Thread Starter
       05 Jul 2016 #8

    OK, found that and nothing is stored there.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    05 Jul 2016 #9

    That sounds to me like it could be the problem, unfortunately i am not sure how to fix issues with this, I have looked in the past but didnt get very far

    Is the Service running ok for it, should be called VaultSVC

    Just to check something, can you do the same on the other computer and see if Credential Manager has all your data
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 64 bit Home & Pro
    Thread Starter
       05 Jul 2016 #10

    paulsalter said: View Post
    That sounds to me like it could be the problem, unfortunately i am not sure how to fix issues with this, I have looked in the past but didnt get very far

    Is the Service running ok for it, should be called VaultSVC

    Just to check something, can you do the same on the other computer and see if Credential Manager has all your data

    Other computer running pro 64 bit is the same but no problem with website cookies.
    VaultSVC is running on both computers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Hi, Ive been getting BSOD's most days when I turn my computer on for the first time. After the BSOD it boots fine and does not crash again until the next day when the PC has been off for a while. The BSOD comes with a number of different...
My computer (which had Windows 10) crashed and I had to completely reinstall Windows starting with Windows 8. I have just finished putting Windows 8.1 on my pc but now can't figure out how to get 10 back. Advice???
It seems like, I lost total control to computer since upgrading to windows 10, from 8. no access to C:, or admin rights, many errors like: no indexingwith search No downloading like Skype.
I have two logons on my laptop. I would like a specific logon to be used when I start/restart the laptop. Right now the logon I don't want is the one that's being used. Both logons have passwords.
Solved Dual Logons after renaming system from Win 8 to Win 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety
Before upgrading, I had one logon for Win 8.1 and had it set to auto log on at Windows start. When I upgraded to Win 10 it was OK and the same way. I renamed the system Win10 (from Win8) and now there are two logons at startup, my original and...

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:28.
Find Us