Edge Will not download any files


  1. Posts : 162
    Windows 10 Pro 1909 Build 18363.592
       #1

    Edge Will not download any files


    Hi

    Have just installed windows 10 on both my PC and laptop. Edge in PC allows file download.

    On my laptop, Edge always throws error message that file couldn't be downloaded and I cannot work out why.

    Does anyone have any clues as to what might be causing this? As far as I know there is nothing that I have done differently on PC as to laptop. Same O/S, virus scanner and anti-malware on both.

    Edge Will not download any files-edgedownloadissue.png
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 14
    Windows 10
       #2

    Go to Control Panel ---> Internet Options ---> Settings,


    Verify Location that the path is on the C:\ Drive


      My Computer


  3. Posts : 162
    Windows 10 Pro 1909 Build 18363.592
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Wazd said:
    Go to Control Panel ---> Internet Options ---> Settings,


    Verify Location that the path is on the C:\ Drive


    Exactly where mine is. Only issue that occurs to me is that my username has spaces and an ampersand (&). The ampersand is not shown in the pathname (it is blank) but it is the same username as my PC where Edge is downloading okay.
    Last edited by kevvyb; 22 Jun 2016 at 16:51. Reason: typo
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 162
    Windows 10 Pro 1909 Build 18363.592
    Thread Starter
       #4

    kevvyb said:
    Exactly where mine is. Only issue that occurs to me is that my username has spaces and an ampersand (&). The ampersand is not shown in the pathname (it is blank) but it is the same username as my PC where Edge is downloading okay.
    File was in correct place but corrupted in some way.

    This fixed it:
    Can't Download in Edge - Windows 10 Forums
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 14
    Windows 10
       #5

    kevvyb said:
    File was in correct place but corrupted in some way.

    This fixed it:
    Can't Download in Edge - Windows 10 Forums

    directory corrupted this should be fix by Microsoft:)
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:48.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums