Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    07 Jun 2016 #1
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 245
    Windows 10

    set up same outllook express account for all users


    Is it possible to set up outlook express account of office mail for all users of a PC in one go so that there is no need to set it up for all users separately.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    07 Jun 2016 #2
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,891
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Source : Outlook Express: Move your email to Outlook.com
    Applies to Windows 10
    • Microsoft doesn't make or support Outlook Express anymore. But the Mail Migration add-on can help you move your email and contacts over to Outlook.com.

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    08 Jun 2016 #3
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 245
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    Source : Outlook Express: Move your email to Outlook.com
    Applies to Windows 10
    • Microsoft doesn't make or support Outlook Express anymore. But the Mail Migration add-on can help you move your email and contacts over to Outlook.com.

      5
    In our office, we use win 7 and no internet.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    08 Jun 2016 #4
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,891
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by sam9 View Post
    In our office, we use win 7 and no internet.
    Windows 7 does not support OE either.
    Windows 7 uses Windows Live Mail as email client.
    There is a way to tweak Win 7 into accepting Windows Mail ( default email client of Vista). But that is as far as one can go.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    11 Jun 2016 #5
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 245
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    Windows 7 does not support OE either.
    Windows 7 uses Windows Live Mail as email client.
    There is a way to tweak Win 7 into accepting Windows Mail ( default email client of Vista). But that is as far as one can go.
    Sorry, i explained wrongly, it is outlook 2013 which is included in Office 2013.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    12 Jun 2016 #6
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    Quote Originally Posted by sam9 View Post
    Is it possible to set up outlook express account of office mail for all users of a PC in one go so that there is no need to set it up for all users separately.
    See if anything here helps:
    Overview of Outlook e-mail profiles - Outlook
    Sections:
    Use a single profile
    Configure Outlook to always use the same profile
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    12 Jun 2016 #7
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 245
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Slartybart View Post
    See if anything here helps:
    Overview of Outlook e-mail profiles - Outlook
    Sections:
    Use a single profile
    Configure Outlook to always use the same profile
    I don't think that this will help. This is for a single user pc. I need same email account to configure for all user at once instead of configuring for all users individually.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    12 Jun 2016 #8
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 357
    Multi-Boot W7_Pro_x64 W8.1_Pro_x64 W10_Pro_x64

    Quote Originally Posted by sam9 View Post
    I don't think that this will help. This is for a single user pc. I need same email account to configure for all user at once instead of configuring for all users individually.
    I don't understand what you really mean when you say it's for a single user pc, and then say configuring for all users

    I can say starting Outlook 2010 with runas works for me with Outlook 2010 for different user accounts.
    Here is a tutorial:
    Run as Different User Shortcut - Create for Specified Program and User - Windows 7 Help Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    12 Jun 2016 #9
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    SouthWest, FLorida
    Posts : 470
    Win 10 Pro (x64), OSX 10.11

    I think what OP want is a generic Office Outlook profile that is available for all or public or shared.
    Is that correct?

    I don't think it is possible or advisable since the repository for Outlook is in the form of PST or OST file depending on your Email Account setup. The descriptive information are in the Profile. As soon you start the Outlook, the PST or OST will be in exclusive-control mode even you have your Public Profile setup.

    In other words, only one user can use that Profile and PST/OST. File security will not allow you to share the PST or OST!
    You can do this on a web-based Email setup!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    13 Jun 2016 #10
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 245
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy51 View Post
    I think what OP want is a generic Office Outlook profile that is available for all or public or shared.
    Is that correct?

    I don't think it is possible or advisable since the repository for Outlook is in the form of PST or OST file depending on your Email Account setup. The descriptive information are in the Profile. As soon you start the Outlook, the PST or OST will be in exclusive-control mode even you have your Public Profile setup.

    In other words, only one user can use that Profile and PST/OST. File security will not allow you to share the PST or OST!
    You can do this on a web-based Email setup!
    Yes, you understood rightly. Actually we are on a domain. One day one person sits on a particular pc and other day someone else and they use their own id to enter the domain. Everyone has our mail password. Though they can open the email in browser but if they have to use outlook 2013 then we have to set up it for each employee on each desk ( because no one knows who will sit on which desk the next day )which is very cumbersome.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
AppLocker Preventing Admin Account From Creating New Users
Hello! I've got a problem. I've been tasked with creating a lightweight build of Windows 10 to run in kiosk mode here at work. I've got kiosk mode running well, where the only app the user has access to is Internet Explorer (using a custom...
User Accounts and Family Safety
Solved My account settings removed. My data in user folders moved toC:\Users\
Hello, I started my desktop computer and the desktop was blank. All my files from the desktop and from my user folder have been moved to C:\Users\DH (DH is the name of my account). All the settings in my account are deleted. For example I can't...
User Accounts and Family Safety
Unknown Account in list of users (File Properties/Security)
Only just recently downloaded win10 and everything is fine, however in going to edit the tag information for an audio track I noticed two additional "Groups or user names" in my list which weren't there when I was running win7. The first one is...
General Support
Guest Account - Active but Can't Switch to or See in Users and Signon
I am running Windows 10 Home. I the cmd window I run "net user guest /active:yes" and the command completes successfully. I run "net user" and it shows 4 accounts---my account, administrator, guest and default account. User folder has Guest...
User Accounts and Family Safety
Tile disabled in an Users account
Hi I installed Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 10130 and I updated it. I have created an Users account, and clicking on the Start, I noticed that most of the tiles (including that of the Store (beta)) are not enabled. Why? Thanks Bye
User Accounts and Family Safety
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums