Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,945
    All kinds
       03 Apr 2015 #11

    Unfortunately there's no option to import favorites/bookmarks after the fact. I even tried to associate .url with spartan.exe but it didn't work out.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Nov 2014
    UK
    Posts : 232
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       03 Apr 2015 #12

    Mark Phelps said: View Post
    Spartan seemed to automatically "import" all my IE favorites --it's just that they're harder to find now than they were in IE.
    I'm assuming the 'greyed' out book symbol is the Bookmarks Symbol which is maybe why I can't get my bookmarks, but can't see any way to activate this.

    Favorites is set to on which I assume is just another name for Bookmarks - that being so, I'm kinda lost as to what to do next!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spartan.JPG 
Views:	1014 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	16011
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    03 Apr 2015 #13

    WightWalker said: View Post
    I'm assuming the 'greyed' out book symbol is the Bookmarks Symbol which is maybe why I can't get my bookmarks, but can't see any way to activate this.

    Favorites is set to on which I assume is just another name for Bookmarks - that being so, I'm kinda lost as to what to do next!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spartan.JPG 
Views:	1014 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	16011
    The 'book' symbol is 'Reader Mode' for certain pages.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,945
    All kinds
       03 Apr 2015 #14

    I think that may be for "reading list", read what ?, don't get that one. Maybe for tablets, something to read while waiting for MS to make a good browser.
    Anywho, the only way I can think of is to open a bookmark in IE, copy address in Spartan and than save bookmark.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    03 Apr 2015 #15

    CountMike said: View Post
    I think that may be for "reading list", read what ?, don't get that one. Maybe for tablets, something to read while waiting for MS to make a good browser.
    Anywho, the only way I can think of is to open a bookmark in IE, copy address in Spartan and than save bookmark.
    It transforms certain pages into 'Reading Mode'.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000052.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	183.5 KB 
ID:	16012
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,945
    All kinds
       03 Apr 2015 #16

    Can it be used off-line like that ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    03 Apr 2015 #17

    Yep.. So far, not very impressed with Spartan. The ability to import/export favorites is kind of a no brainer imo.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 12,894
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       03 Apr 2015 #18

    CountMike said: View Post
    I think that may be for "reading list", read what ?, don't get that one. Maybe for tablets, something to read while waiting for MS to make a good browser.
    Anywho, the only way I can think of is to open a bookmark in IE, copy address in Spartan and than save bookmark.
    Mike it's suppose to work like the Share option in windows 8.1 (on the flyout)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,945
    All kinds
       03 Apr 2015 #19

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Mike it's suppose to work like the Share option in windows 8.1 (on the flyout)
    Oh, goody, another thing I never use.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 12,894
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       03 Apr 2015 #20

    CountMike said: View Post
    Oh, goody, another thing I never use.
    Me neither. If I do want to save a page, I can either use OneNote or in IE Gear icon>File>save as then it saves to documents for later viewing(something IE has always done). And Chrome has Save Page As in it's menu. I think this gadget is more for Tablets and phones.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
No way to import bookmarks in Spartan?
Can't find an option to import bookmarks in Spartan. Please let me know if I am missing it. Thanks.
Browsers and Email
Spartan
Can anyone tell me how to set a homepage in 10130 please. Also, how do I get a Google shortcut on to the desktop. These seem stupid questions but I honestly don't know:(
Browsers and Email
Spartan
The latest build 10049 has an early version of Spartan. I found it strange that when I enable the favorites bar, it shows what I had on my chrome install, not IE. The favorites bar is also cutoff. I think I was confused on the chrome thing:o 15731
Browsers and Email
No way to import bookmarks?
In the Edge browser is there no way to import bookmarks? They've shown up in Spartan but not this time with 10122. Jim
Browsers and Email
Firefox - Import and Export Bookmarks via HTML
How to Import and Export Bookmarks via HTML in Firefox This tutorial will show you how to easily export and import your bookmarks in the Mozilla Firefox web browser using HTML files. As well as acting as a backup of your bookmarks this is also...
Tutorials
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums