Windows 10: Spartan

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
  1.    03 Apr 2015 #81

    I found another bug in Spartan. I can't change the printer settings under More settings in Spartan.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    03 Apr 2015 #82

    It's important to differentiate between "Bug" and "Not Implemented yet". Many features you might expect in a finished product aren't yet implemented, or fully implemented. That doesn't mean they're a bug, it just means they haven't got to finishing that feature yet.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 14,874
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       03 Apr 2015 #83

    Mystere said: View Post
    It's important to differentiate between "Bug" and "Not Implemented yet". Many features you might expect in a finished product aren't yet implemented, or fully implemented. That doesn't mean they're a bug, it just means they haven't got to finishing that feature yet.
    This paragraph need to be made into a "sticky" because it sums up everything Technical Preview.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    03 Apr 2015 #84

    Mystere said: View Post
    It's important to differentiate between "Bug" and "Not Implemented yet". Many features you might expect in a finished product aren't yet implemented, or fully implemented. That doesn't mean they're a bug, it just means they haven't got to finishing that feature yet.
    When I click on the Downloads arrow I get the message "Soon, this will be the place to see what your downloading. We'll give you an update when things are ready, but until then, go to File Explorer>Downloads" . That's because it isn't implemented yet. When I go to the More setting option under printers it let's me make the changes it just won't let me save and print. I consider this a bug because there is no message stating that this feature will be added later. I really don't care what you call it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 4,333
    Win 10 Pro x64
       03 Apr 2015 #85

    Doodling (with Wacom pen and tablet) on Spartan is a little bit smoother after the clean install.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spartan_doodle_test.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	16044
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    03 Apr 2015 #86

    Hi there

    Another bug I think -- you can't set to "Compatibility mode" == this means that you can't for example copy the URL from a site and post it into a post on the forum when adding to a thread.

    (In IE11 on build 10041 I had to switch to compatibility mode to get URL's to be able to copy and paste into Forum Posts).

    Cheers

    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 4,333
    Win 10 Pro x64
       03 Apr 2015 #87

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi there

    Another bug I think -- you can't set to "Compatibility mode" == this means that you can't for example copy the URL from a site and post it into a post on the forum when adding to a thread.

    (In IE11 on build 10041 I had to switch to compatibility mode to get URL's to be able to copy and paste into Forum Posts).

    Cheers

    jimbo
    Yeah. I was just about to post that. When you paste a URL, it kind of freezes for a bit. And when it did, it goes somewhere else. Not where you pasted it.
    Last edited by badrobot; 03 Apr 2015 at 16:48.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       03 Apr 2015 #88

    Edwin said: View Post
    Anybody notice that the scroll bar background is translucent?
    and that it disappears if you wait for a few seconds without any mouse actions.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       03 Apr 2015 #89

    Using Project Spartan full time, turned off IE 11 in Windows Features

    Control Panel -> Internet Options to add missing depth in Spartan Settings

    Spartan has changed from a mixed browser to a brand new beast using only the Trident engine- creating it was a monumental task, ripping out the legacy stuff is causing a lot of transitional issues.

    Give it a chance to settle down - later this month it should be much better.

    Two slow ring releases from now and it better be much better, or Win10 will ship with IE 11.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 4,333
    Win 10 Pro x64
       03 Apr 2015 #90

    I don't think Spartan will support ad-block add-ons.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spartan_adblock.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	439.2 KB 
ID:	16051
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Spartan in Browsers and Email
Can anyone tell me how to set a homepage in 10130 please. Also, how do I get a Google shortcut on to the desktop. These seem stupid questions but I honestly don't know:(
Spartan in Browsers and Email
I installed Windows 10 10049 and Spartan is not there. Is there anyway to fix that?
Solved Cortana & Spartan in General Support
I came across this bit a few days ago and finally decided to post about where MS is getting the feature names or project names. 14771 Cortana CTN 0452-9
Spartan is unusable if UAC is disabled. Makes it useless to me and probably many others. 16015
Project Spartan in Browsers and Email
I saw somewhere on a MS site that if you are a member of THe insiders Club that you can download this browser. I can't seem to locate the url for the download. Can anyone help with this?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:31.
Find Us