Windows 10: Spartan

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 14,283
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       24 Apr 2015 #151

    badrobot said: View Post
    No surprise Spartan is leading the benchmark tests. It has very minimal features in it at this point. It has full of muscles but it can't do much. It's like a body builder who can lift the heaviest weights but can't lift his fingers to do laundry.
    Ohhhhhhh, Bad Robot, did you leave yourself open or what!?!?

    But I'll be a good girl and not take advantage of ya.

    Serious question: I saw someone say they were posting to Ten Forums with Spartan, but I can't figure out how to do even the simplest thing in it. It's just not there for me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    24 Apr 2015 #152

    Wynona said: View Post
    Ohhhhhhh, Bad Robot, did you leave yourself open or what!?!?

    But I'll be a good girl and not take advantage of ya.

    Serious question: I saw someone say they were posting to Ten Forums with Spartan, but I can't figure out how to do even the simplest thing in it. It's just not there for me.
    I am postin' from Spartin' now.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 141
    Windows 10 Pro Edition Build 15063.13
       25 Apr 2015 #153

    Hi All,
    Spartan still has a long......way to go before it's a 'usable' browser for me, I need more functionality in it, at least for me ..I need to be able to use an addon such as lastpass password manager. I use it in my other variation's of web browser's.
    David
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    25 Apr 2015 #154

    I think it's making good progress for a new browser. By time Win10 hits the streets I hope it's much better.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    25 Apr 2015 #155

    Spartan is working reasonably well for me and am using it now. Am now able to rearrange the Favorites Bar to suit me which wasn't true before. However, after rearranging, when you close the browser and reopen, the Favorites Bar reverts to alphabetical rather than my rearrangement. Anyone been able to find a way to keep selection arrangement?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    25 Apr 2015 #156

    badrobot said: View Post
    No surprise Spartan is leading the benchmark tests. It has very minimal features in it at this point. It has full of muscles but it can't do much. It's like a body builder who can lift the heaviest weights but can't lift his fingers to do laundry.
    The "minimal" features it has are in the "Chrome" or the application part, the rendering engine is the part that is fast and that is rather fully featured. Adding a home button doesn't affect how fast the browser renders.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    25 Apr 2015 #157

    Mystere said: View Post
    The "minimal" features it has are in the "Chrome" or the application part, the rendering engine is the part that is fast and that is rather fully featured. Adding a home button doesn't affect how fast the browser renders.
    I like that it's fast and that I don't have to install a browser to start off with Win10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 141
    Windows 10 Pro Edition Build 15063.13
       25 Apr 2015 #158

    Oh well, after all..we all know it's still a work in progress, just have to be patient.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    25 Apr 2015 #159

    Davy49 said: View Post
    Oh well, after all..we all know it's still a work in progress, just have to be patient.
    Exactly!! And given how early in it's life cycle it's really not that bad and I think it's headed in the right direction for me at least. A clean simple/fast browser for some uses.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 14,874
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       25 Apr 2015 #160

    I've been trying Vivaldi out(on my Windows 8.1 machine) and have had more crashes and bugs in one month with it, than I have with Windows 10 completely since October. And except for a few graphic glitches I find Spartan running good for my browsing habits, I would just like to have the little block/unblock content switch that IE has, you know the little blue circle next to the refresh arrow.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Spartan in Browsers and Email
Can anyone tell me how to set a homepage in 10130 please. Also, how do I get a Google shortcut on to the desktop. These seem stupid questions but I honestly don't know:(
Spartan in Browsers and Email
I installed Windows 10 10049 and Spartan is not there. Is there anyway to fix that?
Solved Cortana & Spartan in General Support
I came across this bit a few days ago and finally decided to post about where MS is getting the feature names or project names. 14771 Cortana CTN 0452-9
Spartan is unusable if UAC is disabled. Makes it useless to me and probably many others. 16015
Project Spartan in Browsers and Email
I saw somewhere on a MS site that if you are a member of THe insiders Club that you can download this browser. I can't seem to locate the url for the download. Can anyone help with this?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:31.
Find Us