Windows 10: Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome)
Hi, guys. Try this:
1) Go to your desktop and right click on the Chrome icon
2) Select properties
3) Select the tab labeled "compatibility" from the top of the menu
4) Check the box next to the option that says "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"
5) Select "apply" and you're all set!
It didn't work. The taskbar is still over a fullscreen Chrome window.
This is embarrassing guys, what the heck is this already?
I had this problem 3 weeks ago. I fixed it unchecking the "Lock the taskbar" box in the taskbar properties.
Hope this helps.
Thanks ghost, next time this occurs I will try this setting and report back how it goes.
[QUOTE=GhostSkin;760987]I had this problem 3 weeks ago. I fixed it unchecking the "Lock the taskbar" box in the taskbar properties.
Nope, sorry guys It does not work for me.
Easy fix-- worked for me at least:
- Open up task manager
- Click the "Processes" tab
- Scroll down to "Windows Processes"
- End any "Windows Explorer" tasks (click on the item and delete or right click and end task)
- Your task bar should be gone completely
- Click "File" on the tool bar
- Click "Run new task"
- Check the box that says "Create this task with administrative privileges
- In the text-box, enter "explorer.exe"
- Click "OK"
TLDR: End explorer instances and then restart it manually from task manager.
EDIT: You can just click "Windows Explorer" in the task manager (after step 3) and a restart button should appear in the bottom-right corner of task manager-- click that and you'll be done.
Last edited by 1enF5ru4sT3row2; 07 Aug 2016 at 15:13.
Next time the glitch comes back ill try this one out! thanks. Just so you know im talking about google chrome not explorer.
That worked for me! Thanks
Mind if I ask you a question, is the glitch intermittent or has it been glitched consistently until now, when you fixed it? because you confirmed it pretty fast.
I've tried so many things to no avail. Finally came to my senses to post on a forum.
When i see a YouTube film on full screen and afterwards press esc than there is a problem. By taskbar is on top of the screen.
And after pressing esc button the tabs are behind the taskbar why ?
Can't watch video on Edge in Fullscreen without taskbar getting in the way. Can someone help?
Feeling like a total noob on there.. despite having like 2,000 posts on the seven forums :party:
But any who, is anyone else having weird mouse acceleration using chrome in fullscreen on windows 10??
Its Chrome and chrome only, and the mouse...