1. Joined : Apr 2016
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       12 Apr 2016 #1

    Failure to receive emails


    Hello,
    Up until April 4th, the mail system was working fine. We went away for six days and since returning the mail system is failing to download emails for both addresses, Hotmail and BT internet. If I use a search engine such as google I can access my emails, but what is wrong with the Windows 10 mail system?
    Selwyn
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jul 2015
    PA, USA
    Posts : 462
    Windows 10 Pro (Mix of Builds) / Linux Mint
       12 Apr 2016 #2

    How about an error message?

    You can access your emails directly to the server thru webmail, which doesnt rule out a pop provider issue if using pop3 protocol, nor setup within windows mail.

    Without more detailed information, no one will be able to assist.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Apr 2016
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       13 Apr 2016 #3

    RWOne said: View Post
    How about an error message?

    You can access your emails directly to the server thru webmail, which doesnt rule out a pop provider issue if using pop3 protocol, nor setup within windows mail.

    Without more detailed information, no one will be able to assist.
    Thanks for your attempts to help.
    I have received no error messages. Everything is as it was before we went away for a few days, apart from the non-receipt of emails through Windows Mail.
    I have no idea what pop protocol applies as the Windows 10 program installed without intervention from me. So I presume that the modem and internet settings were unchanged. I have looked into the settings but without further help I can provide nothing with which I am familiar.
    Therefore, as I have changed nothing the problem is likely to be with the Windows program as it was on one previous occasion. A patch from Microsoft eventually took care of that problem.
    Selwyn
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,766
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       13 Apr 2016 #4

    selwyn Lewis said: View Post
    Therefore, as I have changed nothing the problem is likely to be with the Windows program as it was on one previous occasion. A patch from Microsoft eventually took care of that problem.
    Selwyn
    I'd like to make sure I understand you correctly..............
    You had a similar problem before and a patch from MS had solved it.
    But now it happens again.........................

    If that is correct, try do a system restore. Pick a date before April 4th as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Apr 2016
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       13 Apr 2016 #5

    davidhk said: View Post
    I'd like to make sure I understand you correctly..............
    You had a similar problem before and a patch from MS had solved it.
    But now it happens again.........................

    If that is correct, try do a system restore. Pick a date before April 4th as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10
    Hello Davidhk,
    The problem previously involved the mail program, although the problem was different. It centred around the fact that attachments did not download. The patch put that to rights.
    Selwyn
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,766
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       13 Apr 2016 #6

    selwyn Lewis said: View Post
    Hello Davidhk,
    The problem previously involved the mail program, although the problem was different. It centred around the fact that attachments did not download. The patch put that to rights.
    Selwyn
    Thank you.
    Please do a system restore as suggested anyway.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Apr 2016
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       14 Apr 2016 #7

    Hello Davidhk,
    Thanks for the help. The mail is now downloading correctly, following the system restore that you suggested. I am keeping my fingers crossed that remains so.
    Thanks again,
    Selwyn
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,766
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       14 Apr 2016 #8

    Wonderful.
    You are welcome.
    Hope it remains so.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Can't receive an email with a code in it from ms
I have tried & tried changing security information in my hotmail account. I never receive an email from them with a code. I tried different email addresses & checked all my settings. Does anyone know why this could be? I'm getting my other emails.
Browsers and Email
BSOD - Kernel Security Check Failure + Video TDR Failure igdkmd64.sys
Hi there :) Recently, I upgraded my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, but randomly, I get lots of BSODs, either Kernel Security Check Failure or Video TDR Failure igdkmd64.sys . However, these do not happen at the exact same time, ie when I...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Solved OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails
I installed Win 10 today and everything works so far. Except Outlook 365. I open it and go to send and receive email but I get the following error: :error 0x800cc1a Your server does not support the encryption type you have specified. try changing...
Browsers and Email
Cannot receive any Notification
Why is my "Show app notifications" toggle button disabled? I cannot receive any notification from app like: Mail, Facebook, Twitter...
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums