Windows 10: Cannot delete contacts from Windows 10 Mail App

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    31 Mar 2016 #1

    Cannot delete contacts from Windows 10 Mail App


    Before someone suggests this as an answer, let me just say that I am aware that the Windows 10 Mail app supposedly gets its contacts from the Windows 10 People app. The People app on my computer has the precise contacts in it that it is supposed to. The problem with the Mail app is this: When I type the first letter of a contact's name, and the menu with a selection of contacts to choose from drops down, it includes contacts that I was able to delete from the People app. There does not appear to be any way to get rid of them. Any suggestions?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    24 May 2016 #2

    I'm having the exact same problem. Contacts are deleted from People, but still show up in the Mail app.

    Any updates on this?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 4,765
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       24 May 2016 #3

    daevidd said: View Post
    Before someone suggests this as an answer, let me just say that I am aware that the Windows 10 Mail app supposedly gets its contacts from the Windows 10 People app. The People app on my computer has the precise contacts in it that it is supposed to. The problem with the Mail app is this: When I type the first letter of a contact's name, and the menu with a selection of contacts to choose from drops down, it includes contacts that I was able to delete from the People app. There does not appear to be any way to get rid of them. Any suggestions?
    ptangway said: View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem. Contacts are deleted from People, but still show up in the Mail app.

    Any updates on this?
    I am not offering a solution.
    I am asking you 2 to check this out, if you don't mind.
    Assuming you are using Outlook.com ( aka Hotmail.com ). If you are not, please ignore this and I apologize.
    Go online and sign in to your outlook.com.
    Find out if you have the same problem.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    24 May 2016 #4

    davidhk said: View Post
    I am not offering a solution.
    I am asking you 2 to check this out, if you don't mind.
    Assuming you are using Outlook.com ( aka Hotmail.com ). If you are not, please ignore this and I apologize.
    Go online and sign in to your outlook.com.
    Find out if you have the same problem.
    Don't use it. But just in case, I signed in with the same account I used when I set up the PC. There are no contacts at all on the website, so that's unrelated.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 4,765
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       24 May 2016 #5

    ptangway said: View Post
    Don't use it. But just in case, I signed in with the same account I used when I set up the PC. There are no contacts at all on the website, so that's unrelated.
    There are no contacts because you never had it (outlook.com) until now.
    A new account will not have contacts until you add them or sync with the other email program you are using.

    Thank you for trying.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    24 May 2016 #6

    Anyone else have any ideas?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    24 May 2016 #7

    From Settings within Mail

    Have you tried turning off the Contact syncing, see if its then gone, if so turn syncing back on again

    Not an ideal solution, but might clear the old entries
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    24 May 2016 #8

    paulsalter said: View Post
    From Settings within Mail

    Have you tried turning off the Contact syncing, see if its then gone, if so turn syncing back on again

    Not an ideal solution, but might clear the old entries
    I don't see that option at all in the Mail app settings, but I tried it in the Windows privacy settings. No dice.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    24 May 2016 #9

    Under option 5 of this, if your mail provider stores them online
    Mail app - Change Mailbox Sync Settings in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

    you should see this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mailsync.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	81386
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    24 May 2016 #10

    Okay. I just tried that. Disabled syncing in the account settings AND Windows privacy settings.

    When I opened the Mail app, it gave me an error message saying that it can't access my contacts.

    However, in the To entry field, all contacts continue to show up.

    Somehow it's listing contacts even though it says it can't access any contacts.
    Does the Mail app have a buffer or something that it stores all these in? Anyone know?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Contacts in Windows 10 mail In in Browsers and Email
In Windows 7 I had a long list of contacts in Windows Mail but when I opened Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 there is no contacts list or draft folders.Is there any way I can add these to my mail account?.
I thought I'd install Windows 10 Threshold 2 (not to make the same mistake twice, on a laptop I hardly use this time) to see if the built-in Microsoft apps are now any better than they were in July. Disappointingly, with the exception of being able...
After i add my iCloud Account , not all my contacts appear in Mail!! Any help please?? I've just solved it ,.. by install iCloud App not just add iCloud Account inside Mail, and wait for few minutes and Vola its their.
Win 10 picked up most of my Contacts from 8.1 but not all of them, and shows none of the contents of any of the Folders, showing the message 'not synced yet'. Attempts to sync Contacts gets the error msg ' 0x80070032' and refers to a Windows phone...
I've tried several ways to get my contacts to show up in Live Mail 11, but since my W10 upgrade I can't figure out how to get them back. Anyone have a tutorial or quick fix? Should I re-import them?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:49.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums