Windows 10: Stop opening of yahoo.com when opening email Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    24 Mar 2016 #1

    Stop opening of yahoo.com when opening email


    Whenever I open my yahoo email, it does not open straight forward, instead it open Yahoo.com page, then I have to click the mail on top right side to go to my inbox. Is there a way to open direct inbox just like Gmail because opening of yahoo.com page unnecessarily waste time.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 4,765
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       24 Mar 2016 #2

    I don't use Y!Mail anymore. So I don't know if that still applies.................
    Open Yahoo mail > make sure you are at Inbox page > right click inside the page > click Create shortcut > click Yes to confirm.
    You now have a Y!Mail desktop shortcut. Use it to look for mails.
    Will that open straight to Yahoo Mail ?
    Will that be acceptable ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 4,333
    Win 10 Pro x64
       24 Mar 2016 #3

    If you just want to check your emails, you can add your Yahoo account on Windows 10 Mail App. No need for web browser.
    I do this on both my PC and Windows Phone.

    Here's from my Windows Phone.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mail_app.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	71217

    Here's how you add your account: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    25 Mar 2016 #4

    badrobot said: View Post
    If you just want to check your emails, you can add your Yahoo account on Windows 10 Mail App. No need for web browser.
    I do this on both my PC and Windows Phone.

    Here's from my Windows Phone.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mail_app.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	71217

    Here's how you add your account: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html
    Will it keep my yahoo mail always open or it will still ask for my yahoo mail password because I do not want to keep my mail open.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    25 Mar 2016 #5

    davidhk said: View Post
    I don't use Y!Mail anymore. So I don't know if that still applies.................
    Open Yahoo mail > make sure you are at Inbox page > right click inside the page > click Create shortcut > click Yes to confirm.
    You now have a Y!Mail desktop shortcut. Use it to look for mails.
    Will that open straight to Yahoo Mail ?
    Will that be acceptable ?
    Thanks, it worked. First I assumed that any one who Will click this shortcut will straightway be able to see my inbox. No, it open the sign on screen, where I put my authentication and then it opened my inbox. And certainly I wanted the same thing, thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 4,765
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       25 Mar 2016 #6

    sam9 said: View Post
    Thanks, it worked. First I assumed that any one who Will click this shortcut will straightway be able to see my inbox. No, it open the sign on screen, where I put my authentication and then it opened my inbox. And certainly I wanted the same thing, thanks.
    You are welcome.
    Please mark your thread as Solved.
    Thank you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    25 Mar 2016 #7

    I am waiting for badrobot or anyone else to answer my query raised to him. If you know then please clear my doubt about that because that will teach me one more thing. Though my purpose has been solved by you. After waiting for one or two days, I will mark this thread closed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 4,765
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       25 Mar 2016 #8

    Your question is :
    Will it keep my yahoo mail always open or it will still ask for my yahoo mail password because I do not want to keep my mail open.

    The suggestion given to you is on using the Mail app that comes with Windows 10.
    Once you have added the email account to the Mail app, the account will open to Inbox automatically. No password required.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    25 Mar 2016 #9

    davidhk said: View Post
    Your question is :
    Will it keep my yahoo mail always open or it will still ask for my yahoo mail password because I do not want to keep my mail open.

    The suggestion given to you is on using the Mail app that comes with Windows 10.
    Once you have added the email account to the Mail app, the account will open to Inbox automatically. No password required.
    Thanks very much. Now I am marking it closed. Thanks again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 4,333
    Win 10 Pro x64
       25 Mar 2016 #10

    Like @davidhk said, it wil be automatic. Nobody else use my main PC at home so I don't mind. You may want to stick with the first suggestion.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
I folks, I have an Outlook account, of course, but I don't use it. Instead I use my Yahoo email, but for some reason the new app won't let me add it. Instead it only wants my Outlook email. Is there and way to add a Yahoo email? This is what...
Read more: Google, Microsoft, Yahoo: We want to stop email snooping by fixing these encryption flaws | ZDNet
I've already been to the Custom Default Programs settings, Yahoo! Mail is not listed. I want to be able to use a program not related to a browser, with an E-mail link, and it automatically send me to a browser with my E-mail so I can start...
Is there a way to stop the middle mouse button (i.e. click of the scroll wheel) from opening Cortana/search? Things I've tried: 1. Searched Google. No useful results. The closest I found was that Windows 10 may be confusing the click of the...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07.
Find Us