1.    22 Mar 2016 #1
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 74
    win 10

    how to remove app Microsoft Edge


    I rarely use IE and regularly use Firefox and Chrome.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    22 Mar 2016 #2
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Philadelphia
    Posts : 1,174
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    The easiest way is to just unpin it from the taskbar, then make sure one of your other browsers is set to be the default browser.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    22 Mar 2016 #3
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 74
    win 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
    The easiest way is to just unpin it from the taskbar, then make sure one of your other browsers is set to be the default browser.
    I had unpinned it. I was concerned that it might become my default. I had a similar problem with Bing even though I had deleted it from my lists of search engines. MS can be invasive.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    22 Mar 2016 #4
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,892
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by jalea148 View Post
    I had unpinned it. I was concerned that it might become my default. I had a similar problem with Bing even though I had deleted it from my lists of search engines. MS can be invasive.
    Yes, but that's the best you can do since MS is determined to have Edge as default browser.
    Like you, I have deleted Bing from my search provider list, set Google as my default search.
    I also set IE11 as my default browser.
    We'll see how long before MS "disown" IE all together.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    22 Mar 2016 #5
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 74
    win 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    Yes, but that's the best you can do since MS is determined to have Edge as default browser.
    Like you, I have deleted Bing from my search provider list, set Google as my default search.
    I also set IE11 as my default browser.
    We'll see how long before MS "disown" IE all together.
    MS is too paternalistic. Thanx for the info. Even though I delete B as search engine it keeps reappearing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    22 Mar 2016 #6
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,892
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by jalea148 View Post
    Even though I delete B as search engine it keeps reappearing.
    How did that happen ?

    I deleted it and it never shows its ugly face again.
    Did you do it this way ?...................

    Open IE11 < Tools > Manage add-ons > left side, click Search providers >make sure you have your preferred search engine set as default >then, click Bing > click Remove > Close.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    22 Mar 2016 #7
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 74
    win 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    How did that happen ?

    I deleted it and it never shows its ugly face again.
    Did you do it this way ?...................

    Open IE11 < Tools > Manage add-ons > left side, click Search providers >make sure you have your preferred search engine set as default >then, click Bing > click Remove > Close.

    I use Firefox & Chrome.
    After clipping triple bar in top right of window an options lets selection of search engines - which default & which to remove.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Browsers & Email Add or Remove Home Button in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
How to Add or Remove Home Button in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web. ...
Tutorials
Browsers & Email Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10
How to Add or Remove Favorites in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web. ...
Tutorials
Browsers & Email Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge
How to Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web. ...
Tutorials
Browsers & Email Add or Remove Articles from Reading List in Microsoft Edge
How to Add or Remove Articles from Reading List in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the...
Tutorials
Microsoft Edge Favorites not in default folder but availalbe in Edge
Since installing the November Windows 10 update (11/17/15) none of my favorites are being stored in the default Edge folder. While in Edge the favorites are available but when I go to the default folder they are not listed. Is there another...
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums