Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    08 Mar 2016 #1
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 14
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit

    Mail & Calendar Issues


    Hello,

    I usually help my elderly mother out when she has problems with her computer but this time I have no clue what could be going on here. She can't get her MAIL or CALENDAR programs to work. If you click on the icon, nothing happens at all. I tried everything I could think of but no good. This seems so unusual to me. BTW, she has Windows 10 Home installed. She is not a member of the Insiders Program.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    08 Mar 2016 #2
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,893
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    I have 2 suggestions :

    Method #1.................A troubleshooting method.
    Run system file check to look for corrupt files.
    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

    > press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.


    If report is #2. Go check if mail can be opened now.
    If report is #3, please post back.

    Method #2.................................. uninstall Mail and Calendar and then reinstall from Windows Store.
    Use this tutorial :
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

    Go to Option Two
    Scroll to (To remove Calendar and Mail app from current account only) and use the command.
    After uninstall, go to Windows Store and reinstall Mail and Calendar.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    08 Mar 2016 #3
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 14
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Thread Starter

    Hi,

    I tried Method #1 and got "No Integrity Violation." I will wait until I go visit them this weekend. My original plan was to have them use Outlook 2016 instead of the built-in mail program.

    Thank you for taking the time to help me.

    Bruce


    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    I have 2 suggestions :

    Method #1.................A troubleshooting method.
    Run system file check to look for corrupt files.
    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

    > press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.


    If report is #2. Go check if mail can be opened now.
    If report is #3, please post back.

    Method #2.................................. uninstall Mail and Calendar and then reinstall from Windows Store.
    Use this tutorial :
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

    Go to Option Two
    Scroll to (To remove Calendar and Mail app from current account only) and use the command.
    After uninstall, go to Windows Store and reinstall Mail and Calendar.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    08 Mar 2016 #4
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,893
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Using Outlook 2016 is the best choice over the Mail app........... any time.
    Far far far more superior except that Outlook is expensive.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    08 Mar 2016 #5
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 14
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Thread Starter

    Outlook over Mail


    Luckly I was able to get a copy of Office Pro Plus 2016 for $20!! Sometimes it actually pays to be a government employee.

    Thanks,

    Bruce


    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    Using Outlook 2016 is the best choice over the Mail app........... any time.
    Far far far more superior except that Outlook is expensive.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    04 Apr 2016 #6
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10

    Hi, I have the same problem and When I did the Method #1 it gave me the 3rd report, can you help?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    I have 2 suggestions :

    Method #1.................A troubleshooting method.
    Run system file check to look for corrupt files.
    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

    > press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.


    If report is #2. Go check if mail can be opened now.
    If report is #3, please post back.

    Method #2.................................. uninstall Mail and Calendar and then reinstall from Windows Store.
    Use this tutorial :
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

    Go to Option Two
    Scroll to (To remove Calendar and Mail app from current account only) and use the command.
    After uninstall, go to Windows Store and reinstall Mail and Calendar.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    04 Apr 2016 #7
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,893
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    RE : Found corrupt files but unable to repair

    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

    > press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.
    If you get the error " Source files could not be found ",
    post back. There is a fix for that.

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    04 Apr 2016 #8
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10

    It gave me that error "Source files could not be found "

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    RE : Found corrupt files but unable to repair

    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

    > press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.
    If you get the error " Source files could not be found ",
    post back. There is a fix for that.

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    04 Apr 2016 #9
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,893
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Use the Tech Bench below and download your version of Windows 10 iso file
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench

    Once you have the iso downloaded, right click at the ISO > click Mount > leave it there
    Then open the elevated command prompt and copy and paste this................

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

    > press Enter.

    Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

    When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation is successful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    04 Apr 2016 #10
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10

    I did that and it gave me the same error as before " Source files could not be found ", unless I did something wrong (I even tried two times) this didn't work for me :/

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    Use the Tech Bench below and download your version of Windows 10 iso file
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench

    Once you have the iso downloaded, right click at the ISO > click Mount > leave it there
    Then open the elevated command prompt and copy and paste this................

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

    > press Enter.

    Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

    When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation is successful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Export calendar from Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 to Outlook 2016?
I'm trying to help a friend who has just installed Office 2016 on her computer, which was recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10. She's been using Outlook.com and has accumulated a fair amount of email, contacts and calendar appointments. I've...
Software and Apps
Solved Calendar and mail app issues
Hello ! I'm currently trying to set the mail app of W10 to read my Gmail mailbox but after configure, the app doesn't find any elements to show... Does anyone managed to configure a Gmail account into the mail app of W10 successfully ? Is there...
Software and Apps
Import Outlook Calendar from cloud to the Mail and Calendar App?
Is this possible?
Software and Apps
Mail/Calendar: non-Gmail w/ Google Calendar, have to add account twice
Hi, I have a GMX e-mail address which I added as an "other" account in the Mail app. However, I also have a Google Calendar connected to this account. As an "other" account, I cannot see my Google calendar in the calendar app. If I add the...
Browsers and Email
Solved Mail and Calendar App (preview): help and known issues
Welcome to Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar for Windows Technical Preview Applies To: Outlook Mail for Windows 10, Outlook Calendar for Windows 10, Outlook for Windows Phone 10 Known issues in Mail and Calendar apps for Windows Technical...
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums