Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    07 Mar 2016 #1
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA, USA
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10

    Outlook 2013


    Creating "New Email" just stopped working as it normally does. It shows in the task bar as "Untiltled - Message" but does not show in Outlook and when I click on the mini window, I only see the desktop. Very strange. Just began today.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    07 Mar 2016 #2
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,779
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by Lari View Post
    Creating "New Email" just stopped working as it normally does. It shows in the task bar as "Untiltled - Message" but does not show in Outlook and when I click on the mini window, I only see the desktop. Very strange. Just began today.
    Run a Repair option.
    Go to Programs and Features > scroll to Microsoft Office 2013 > right click at it > click Change > click Repair........

    See if that will solve the problem.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    07 Mar 2016 #3
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA, USA
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    I tried the "Quick Repair" twice and rebooted in between. Did not fix.

    Then the "Long Repair" and rebooted after. Did not fix. It appears that the "Long Repair" does some sort of reinstall whereby I needed to type-in the Product Key. I do have the purchased DVD and am wondering if I need to "Uninstall" and start over and Install from the DVD? Will my Outlook emails and Folders remain intact in the Windows system?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    07 Mar 2016 #4
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA, USA
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    BTW, I had also posted something with Microsoft on this, but no response which does not surprise me. Microsoft employees must be on "Overload" with all of the problems created with Windows 10! I never had any of these problems with Windows 7, but the Hard drive went out and I was forced to purchase a new computer with Windows 10. I have other "Stable" computers with Windows 7 and I refuse to upgrade!!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    07 Mar 2016 #5
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,779
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by Lari View Post
    I tried the "Quick Repair" twice and rebooted in between. Did not fix.

    Then the "Long Repair" and rebooted after. Did not fix. It appears that the "Long Repair" does some sort of reinstall whereby I needed to type-in the Product Key. I do have the purchased DVD and am wondering if I need to "Uninstall" and start over and Install from the DVD? Will my Outlook emails and Folders remain intact in the Windows system?
    I would export emails, contacts etc from Outlook 2013 first before doing the uninstall/reinstall.

    Export or backup email, contacts, and calendar to an Outlook .pst file
    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...e-ff9ef1068f91
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    07 Mar 2016 #6
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA, USA
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Thank you David!

    That will by next move. Hopefully, Windows 10 did not corrupt beyond this. There are other minor bugs in Windows 10 that are more annoying than a real problem. If Microsoft wants to increase its customer base or not lose some of it, then they need to pay attention. I've used both Apple and PC products and the PC environment is a lot better in my opinion!!!

    Lari

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    I would export emails, contacts etc from Outlook 2013 first before doing the uninstall/reinstall.

    Export or backup email, contacts, and calendar to an Outlook .pst file
    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...e-ff9ef1068f91
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    07 Mar 2016 #7
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,779
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by Lari View Post
    Thank you David!

    That will by next move. Hopefully, Windows 10 did not corrupt beyond this. There are other minor bugs in Windows 10 that are more annoying than a real problem. If Microsoft wants to increase its customer base or not lose some of it, then they need to pay attention. I've used both Apple and PC products and the PC environment is a lot better in my opinion!!!

    Lari
    If you decide to carry out the uninstall/reinstall, please post back to let us know if problem is solved or not.

    Good luck.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    07 Mar 2016 #8
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA, USA
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    David,

    Microsoft, finally answered, and I will copy here in case that ever happens to anyone else. I suspect that this only will happen in Windows 10![


    FIX: "Reply
    Sounds like your new message window is opening off-screen. If you right-click the peek, you should see an "Move" options. Select it, then use the arrow keys to try to move it back on the screen. When it's positioned, press enter.

    Read this reply on Microsoft Community."

    Lari

    QUOTE=davidhk;593347]If you decide to carry out the uninstall/reinstall, please post back to let us know if problem is solved or not.

    Good luck.[/QUOTE]
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    07 Mar 2016 #9
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,779
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Thanks for the solution.
    Please mark this thread as Solved.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    08 Mar 2016 #10
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    SouthWest, FLorida
    Posts : 470
    Win 10 Pro (x64), OSX 10.11

    Haha. This happens to me in one of beta copy of Outlook 2013 a few years. HaHa, worked with the same solution!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Outlook 2013 almost never find an email...
hey guys, Ages ago i used XOBNI to search for email adresses, now with Outlook 2013 this is no longer possible. When i open Outlook and type a search i hardly ever get an answer. So does anyone know/use a good search program? I tried to...
Browsers and Email
Solved Outlook 2013 is damaged and cannot fix it
hey guys, have to sent some 800 mails and the ile where the mails are in could not be read. after a serious time of trying i get this: 46777 i uninstalled Office 2013 x64 and installed Office 2013 X86, recommended by MS.
Software and Apps
Using Win 10 Calendar/Contacts within Outlook 2013
I want to continue to use Outlook as my main email client (sorry, but the built-in app in Windows 10 is little more than a pretty toy, even my phone's email app is more powerful and configurable). I have Outlook 2010 installed on my PC and Outlook...
Browsers and Email
Outlook 2010 Data file import error to Outlook 2013
My employer (School Board) requested all staff laptops be returned over summer so the OS could be upgraded from Win 7 Enterprise, so I did an export of my Outlook 2010 file to work on from home- they now want all Outlook profiles below 50 MB. My...
Browsers and Email
Outlook 2013 calendar section
Since I installed Win10 I cannot open the calendar section in Outlook 2013. I get the following message: This set of folders cannot be opened. The information store could not be opened. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thank you Paul
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums