Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1.    23 Feb 2016 #11
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    SouthWest, FLorida
    Posts : 470
    Win 10 Pro (x64), OSX 10.11

    There is slight typo on the Edge Favorites location:
    %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Def ault\Favorites

    the correct one is:

    %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Def ault\Favorites

    No space between Def and ault after \MicrosoftEdge\User\
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    23 Feb 2016 #12
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,890
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy51 View Post
    There is slight typo on the Edge Favorites location:
    %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Def ault\Favorites

    the correct one is:

    %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Def ault\Favorites

    No space between Def and ault!
    It is not meant to have a space, it's ran out of room in the first line.
    OP used it ok. It's the link OP has issue with, not accessing to it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    23 Feb 2016 #13
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    SouthWest, FLorida
    Posts : 470
    Win 10 Pro (x64), OSX 10.11

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    It is not a space, it's ran out of room in the first line.
    OP used it ok. It's the link OP has issue with, not accessing to it.
    Well, I copied and pasted into my File Explorer and discovered a space was inserted between the Def and ault, so I just deleted the space and of course the link and the favorites are all there!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    23 Feb 2016 #14
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,890
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy51 View Post
    Well, I copied and pasted into my File Explorer and discovered a space was inserted between the Def and ault, so I just deleted the space and of course the link and the favorites are all there!
    If you go back to your post #11, click the Reply with Quote button > click post quick reply.
    Examine the quote after that.
    Do you see a space that is not supposed to be there ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    23 Feb 2016 #15
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    SouthWest, FLorida
    Posts : 470
    Win 10 Pro (x64), OSX 10.11

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy51 View Post
    Well, I copied and pasted into my File Explorer and discovered a space was inserted between the Def and ault, so I just deleted the space and of course the link and the favorites are all there!
    I tried with my corrected link but it also inserted a space bet Def and ault!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    23 Feb 2016 #16
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,890
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy51 View Post
    I tried with my corrected link but it also inserted a space bet Def and ault!
    There you go.
    It wasn't my typo.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    23 Feb 2016 #17
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 12
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Unfortunately, even making the correction to 'Default', searching in Windows Explorer again returns 'no match'.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    23 Feb 2016 #18
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,890
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by beachguide View Post
    Unfortunately, even making the correction to 'Default', searching in Windows Explorer again returns 'no match'.
    Sorry to hear that.
    I have no answer for that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    23 Feb 2016 #19
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    SouthWest, FLorida
    Posts : 470
    Win 10 Pro (x64), OSX 10.11

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    There you go.
    It wasn't my typo.
    Sorry, I did not posted the comment right, it was not your typo but just a space was added both in your post and my post as well!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    23 Feb 2016 #20
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,890
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy51 View Post
    Sorry, I did not posted the comment right, it was not your typo but just a space was added both in your post and my post as well!
    That's ok. Forget about that.
    Let's concentrate on helping the OP.
    Thank you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
How can file folder with favorites be load into Edge favorites?
I have lost all my Favorites in Edge. I have recovered a copy of the desired Favorites and have placed these favorites on my desktop as a file folder. The file structure has all the folders, and within each folder, the links to all the favorite...
Browsers and Email
Microsoft Edge Favorites not in default folder but availalbe in Edge
Since installing the November Windows 10 update (11/17/15) none of my favorites are being stored in the default Edge folder. While in Edge the favorites are available but when I go to the default folder they are not listed. Is there another...
Browsers and Email
Edge Favorites
Is it possible to put my list in alphabetical order with out having to move each one?
Browsers and Email
Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge
I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am...
Browsers and Email
Solved Edge Favorites - problem deleting favorites
I have not been able to delete favorites from the "Favorite Bar" drop down list. The right-click and the delete key do not work.
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:45.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums