Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    13 Feb 2016 #11
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 6
    win10
    Thread Starter

    I gone try Repair Install Windows 10 tomorrow. Let you know how it works later.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    13 Feb 2016 #12
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,810
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by Czarek View Post
    I gone try Repair Install Windows 10 tomorrow. Let you know how it works later.
    Good luck.
    Please post back the result.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    13 Feb 2016 #13
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Poole Dorset UK
    Posts : 2,556
    Windows 10 x64 Home Version(1709) Build16299.19

    A third party browser extension on Internet Explorer may be causing this issue, so it would be ideal if you could open Internet Explorer in no add-ons mode, to start it with no browser extensions.

    To perform this action, press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard, type iexplore.exe -extoff and press enter.

    If it still happens while in no add-ons mode, please click the start menu, type 'turn windows features on or off' (without the quotation marks) and hit enter. Once it loads, navigate to Internet Explorer and uncheck the checkmark next to it. After doing this, restart your computer.
    After restarting your computer, click the start menu, type 'turn windows features on or off' (without the quotation marks) and hit enter. Once it loads, navigate to Internet Explorer and check the checkmark next to it. After doing this, restart your computer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    13 Feb 2016 #14
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,810
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by hTconeM9user View Post
    A third party browser extension on Internet Explorer may be causing this issue, so it would be ideal if you could open Internet Explorer in no add-ons mode, to start it with no browser extensions.

    To perform this action, press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard, type iexplore.exe -extoff and press enter.

    If it still happens while in no add-ons mode, please click the start menu, type 'turn windows features on or off' (without the quotation marks) and hit enter. Once it loads, navigate to Internet Explorer and uncheck the checkmark next to it. After doing this, restart your computer.
    After restarting your computer, click the start menu, type 'turn windows features on or off' (without the quotation marks) and hit enter. Once it loads, navigate to Internet Explorer and check the checkmark next to it. After doing this, restart your computer.
    The OP said he cannot START IE11. Post #1.
    So, how do you propose the OP to OPEN Internet Explorer ?

    The rest is just redundant. brummyfan has already said that in Post#2 in LESS words than you copied and pasted from some where.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    13 Feb 2016 #15
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Poole Dorset UK
    Posts : 2,556
    Windows 10 x64 Home Version(1709) Build16299.19

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    The OP said he cannot START IE11. Post #1.
    So, how do you propose the OP to OPEN Internet Explorer ?

    The rest is just redundant. brummyfan has already said that in Post#2.

    To perform this action, press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard, type iexplore.exe -extoff and press enter.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    13 Feb 2016 #16
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,810
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    That will NOT help the OP to OPEN IE.
    I won't waste my time discussing with you.

    The OP will decide which way to go.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    13 Feb 2016 #17
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 6
    win10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by hTconeM9user View Post
    A third party browser extension on Internet Explorer may be causing this issue, so it would be ideal if you could open Internet Explorer in no add-ons mode, to start it with no browser extensions.

    To perform this action, press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard, type iexplore.exe -extoff and press enter.

    If it still happens while in no add-ons mode, please click the start menu, type 'turn windows features on or off' (without the quotation marks) and hit enter. Once it loads, navigate to Internet Explorer and uncheck the checkmark next to it. After doing this, restart your computer.
    After restarting your computer, click the start menu, type 'turn windows features on or off' (without the quotation marks) and hit enter. Once it loads, navigate to Internet Explorer and check the checkmark next to it. After doing this, restart your computer.
    Still the same. Can I restore IE or reinstall?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    13 Feb 2016 #18
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,810
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by Czarek View Post
    Still the same. Can I restore IE or reinstall?
    I have said that in Post #8...... IE11 is part of the operating system. It cannot be uninstalled or reinstalled.

    Please do not waste time. Do the repair install.
    It takes some time to finish but you will have an operating system that truly works.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    13 Feb 2016 #19
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    I have said that in Post #8...... IE11 is part of the operating system. It cannot be uninstalled or reinstalled.

    Please do not waste time. Do the repair install.
    It takes some time to finish but you will have an operating system that truly works.
    Actually, you can uninstall ie11 from 10 and install it.,
    Internet Explorer - Install or Uninstall in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    13 Feb 2016 #20
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,810
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    Actually, you can uninstall ie11 from 10 and install it.,
    Internet Explorer - Install or Uninstall in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    That is matter of choice of words as well as how does one define DISABLE and UNINSTALL.

    To me the Turn Features On or Off is no more than DISABLE.
    In order to be truly uninstall, one would have to click the exe file and REINSTALL. That procedure is NOT applicable to IE11. Therefore, it is NOT uninstall/reinstall. Just DISABLE and RE-ENABLE.

    brummyfan has already mentioned the Turn Features on or Off in Post #2.

    In win 7 and older versions, one can uninstall IE and reinstall IE, NOT in Windows 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Post your Windows 10 Start menu or Start Screen
This thread is meant to showcase the new Windows 10 Start menu with tiles or the more familiar Windows 8 Start Screen. You can use either the Start Menu or Start Screen by following Brink's Tutorial 5538 Start Menu 5539
Customization
Create Start Screen Tiles for applications which appears on Start Menu
Hello All, I was wondering how to add the applications appearing on Windows 10 Start Menu to Windows Start Screen, that too in a specific location on the start screen, with a specific tile size and under a specific application group? Do you...
Customization
Not able to search executables or pinned Start apps from Start menu
I'm running the RTM on a netbook and have noticed that, unlike in Windows 7/8/8.1, I'm no longer able to hit Start and type in an executable. I have a bunch of portable apps that I typically type in and pull up. Now, the Start menu search pulls up...
General Support
Start Menu or Start Screen won’t close after clicking tile
Start Menu or Start Screen won’t close after clicking a tile of Windows 7 Games. I installed the Windows 7 Games on a Windows 10 machine. It works on the main (admin) account. It, however, has this glitch on a non-admin account, when opening one of...
Software and Apps
Customize the left side of the Start menu - Pin to Start List?
hello. I wanted to add some programs to the top of the left side of the start menu (free space on the screenshoot). I have read about the "Pin to Start List" if you rightclick while holding shift. But this seems not to be working anymore!?!?! Is...
Customization
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums