Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    01 Feb 2016 #11
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 70
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Oh yes David, I did and do read ALL your messages which you so very kindly send me. I'm also copying/pasting them on my email to have them handier and refer to them for a few days until I learn them. Thanks so much again!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    01 Feb 2016 #12
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,892
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    You are welcome.

    Let me know if you are successful in sending attachments the way I described.

    P.S. If you have Photo Gallery, set it as your default, dump that Photo app.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    01 Feb 2016 #13
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 70
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Oh I'm so glad you say I can dump Photo app. because even I as a dummy can tell it's a mess! How can I delete it from my computer (if it won't cause problems of course)? Because I hate seeing all my huge pictures looking at my face each time I go there! lol!

    And yes, I will let you know how I did in sending the attachments.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    01 Feb 2016 #14
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,892
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    RE : How can I delete it from my computer (if it won't cause problems of course)?

    Use this tutorial : https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html
    Go to Option Two
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    01 Feb 2016 #15
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 2,962
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1709 Build 16299.125

    Sorry to jump into this thread rather late but if you want to know how to share pictures from the W10 photo app it is really simple.

    Just select the images you want to send and then click the share button (circled in red):

    Attachment 61898

    This will then open up the share side panel and you can select mail. The images will be automatically attached to an email ready for you to send.

    Hope this helps!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    01 Feb 2016 #16
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 70
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by philc43 View Post
    Sorry to jump into this thread rather late but if you want to know how to share pictures from the W10 photo app it is really simple.

    Just select the images you want to send and then click the share button (circled in red):

    Attachment 61898

    This will then open up the share side panel and you can select mail. The images will be automatically attached to an email ready for you to send.

    Hope this helps!
    Thank you Phil, but I tried it a long time ago and didn't work for me - It gives you to choose between my server or Outlook. I don't have the latter so chose RCN, but I have 4 accounts with them and there was no provision there to change from the account appearing there, to the one I wanted. But thanks again, I always appreciate a lot any ideas in computers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    01 Feb 2016 #17
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 70
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    RE : How can I delete it from my computer (if it won't cause problems of course)?

    Use this tutorial : https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html
    Go to Option Two
    Thank you David, I'll delete it after I've sent my letter with the attachments. It'll take me a while because I have to undo all the wrong attempts I had done before your kind help. Also have to chase from one Pictures folder to the other where (for a reason I don't know) all my pictures are split in them. I now understand how to do it, thanks to you, but it will take a little longer than I thought. And I'll report to you what I did.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    01 Feb 2016 #18
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 2,962
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1709 Build 16299.125

    Quote Originally Posted by Adela
    Thank you Phil, but I tried it a long time ago and didn't work for me - It gives you to choose between my server or Outlook. I don't have the latter so chose RCN, but I have 4 accounts with them and there was no provision there to change from the account appearing there, to the one I wanted. But thanks again, I always appreciate a lot any ideas in computers.
    Your welcome! I just was not sure whether you had tried it. I find the W10 apps sometimes work well if you have a simple default setup such as Microsoft imagine most users have. Of course, the reality is that people are different and like to do things their own way, which is good in my opinion. My W10 mail happens to default to the one I use the most so it works for me and integrates well with the other W10 apps. I suspect that this is not the case for many people. David has given a good workaround as he usually does!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    01 Feb 2016 #19
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,892
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by Adela View Post
    Thank you David, I'll delete it after I've sent my letter with the attachments. It'll take me a while because I have to undo all the wrong attempts I had done before your kind help. Also have to chase from one Pictures folder to the other where (for a reason I don't know) all my pictures are split in them. I now understand how to do it, thanks to you, but it will take a little longer than I thought. And I'll report to you what I did.
    Spend sometime, put all photos into one folder. That will make things easy in the future.

    As to sending attachment, what I described to you is the "traditional" method that never fails anyone.
    It does not take long. You are just not used to it, that's all.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    01 Feb 2016 #20
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 70
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by philc43 View Post
    Your welcome! I just was not sure whether you had tried it. I find the W10 apps sometimes work well if you have a simple default setup such as Microsoft imagine most users have. Of course, the reality is that people are different and like to do things their own way, which is good in my opinion. My W10 mail happens to default to the one I use the most so it works for me and integrates well with the other W10 apps. I suspect that this is not the case for many people. David has given a good workaround as he usually does!
    Thank you, yes, I'm very grateful to David. Problem with us, newbies is that sometimes when we try to do some things and they don't come out properly or just don't come out, many times we just don't know how to do it and rather than do something and mess up the computer, we opt for just letting it go. But I thank you for your idea and as soon as I have the time I'll try to default to my favorite address. But after doing this, what if for certain mails I need to use the other address? Never mind, I've taken enough of your and David's time. I'll try to look into it more.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows Live Mail only searching email subjects, not email contents
I didn't notice this before today. I'm running the 64 bit version of Windows 10 Pro, fully up to date, as well as the latest version of Windows Live Mail. I have a bunch of storage folders that I've created for email, so my actual inboxes are pretty...
Browsers and Email
how to get photos from photo viewer to my pictures
can anybody help me. since updating to windows 10 when I import pictures they go straight into the new photo viewer app but I cant figure out how to get them to my pictures. I am using turbo lister for ebay and I cant find a way to the imported...
General Support
Solved Display Name is My Email (Email shown twice on Login screen)
Hello, I upgraded to Win10 recently and I have an issue that I was only able to find two insiders had in the past with no resolution. I previously had Windows 8.1 and did an upgrade to 10 on both my laptop and my desktop. The problem I'm having...
General Support
Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.
Hai, Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer. i reset default apps. i choose default apps by file type. 28169281702817128172 Regards. bala.
General Support
Zoner Photo Studio: The best photo editor and organizer
Free Give away download of popular image program http://www.zoner.com/__mailing/2014-06-17-softpedia-special-offer-en/index.htm
Chillout Room
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums