Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show webpages properly after System Reset

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,909
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #81

    OldMike65 said:
    @Jesse Williams Their might be one more thing you could try on your old account to see if you can fix your display problem on MSN's page. Not sure it will do anything better than you have already tried, but might be worth a shot. :) Log into your old account, then go to your MSN.COM page in IE11, once their, hit these keys all at same time. Ctrl, Shift, and Delete keys. That should pop up a menu giving you several choices..... click most of the choices listed, don't think you need to click the choices like Form Data, and Passwords, but click all the other ones. Then close your IE11 and reopen....to MSN.....see if anything is changed, might have to do this a couple times.....no need to reboot......just close IE each time....then reopen. Worth a shot....
    I will check that out.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 1,909
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #82

    paulsalter said:
    Anything under Tracking Protection?
    Paul, what do you mean "Anything under Tracking Protection?".
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 123,186
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 21H2 Build 22000.675
       #83

    Jesse also read my post #79 and try that.....on your old account.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 123,186
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 21H2 Build 22000.675
       #84

    Jesse Williams said:
    Paul, what do you mean "Anything under Tracking Protection?".
    That option is under "Manage Add On's" under gear icon :)
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 23,195
    Windows 10
       #85

    Jesse Williams said:
    Paul, what do you mean "Anything under Tracking Protection?".
    OldMike65 said:
    That option is under "Manage Add On's" under gear icon :)
    From the Manage addons page you showed earlier click on the Tracking Protection

    If you have anything in there it could be blocking parts of the page (ie the top right blank is an ad)

    When you run in private mode and it works makes me suspect it is an add on somewhere, as private mode disables all add ons
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,909
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #86

    OldMike65 said:
    Jesse also read my post #79 and try that.....on your old account.
    Tried that Mike, and it didn't work. Even did it twice as you said, and it still didn't work.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 1,909
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #87

    paulsalter said:
    From the Manage addons page you showed earlier click on the Tracking Protection

    If you have anything in there it could be blocking parts of the page (ie the top right blank is an ad)

    When you run in private mode and it works makes me suspect it is an add on somewhere, as private mode disables all add ons
    It says its disabled. Should I enable it?
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 123,186
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 21H2 Build 22000.675
       #88

    back to basic's have you tried running SFC /Scannow from your Dos Prompt ADMIN ??? to see if it finds any errors. This would be in your old account, not the new one you made.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 1,909
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #89

    OldMike65 said:
    back to basic's have you tried running SFC /Scannow from your Dos Prompt ADMIN ??? to see if it finds any errors. This would be in your old account, not the new one you made.
    I will run an SFC /Scannow command now to see. However, I think CenturyLink ran that yesterday. They also ran a DISM /Cleanup Image and DISM /Restore Health command with their tools they used.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 123,186
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 21H2 Build 22000.675
       #90

    Jesse Williams said:
    I will run an SFC /Scannow command now to see. However, I think CenturyLink ran that yesterday. They also ran a DISM /Cleanup Image and DISM /Restore Health command with their tools they used.
    Ok then, those are the correct commands.....looks like Davids way is your only choice.....nothing else works. Your 2nd account works you said, so.....your choices now are very few.....looks like moving everything to your 2nd account is only choice left.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums