Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  1.    30 Jan 2016 #91
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Pell City, Alabama 35125
    Posts : 1,043
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Ok then, those are the correct commands.....looks like Davids way is your only choice.....nothing else works. Your 2nd account works you said, so.....your choices now are very few.....looks like moving everything to your 2nd account is only choice left.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-01-30.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	61607
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    30 Jan 2016 #92
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,316
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    If you ever get this fixed....MAKE A IMAGE Backup of your C-Drive, so if anything happens like this again, all you would have to do is restore your last Good Image!!! That will save you from going thur all this @hit in the future. Download Macrium Reflect Free and make your image backup with that....after your OS is running correctly.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    30 Jan 2016 #93
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,316
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Nothing else left to try....that I can think of Jesse......looks like your 2nd account is a keeper....because you reported that is running fine.

    Unless you want to Refresh your OS Again.....that keeps all your Personal files, if I remember correctly. but will remove all your apps.....that didn't come with Windows.

    Why folks don't make image backups is a mystery to me?? Would save those folks so much trouble if they did. I make mine every week to 2 weeks......save them on my 2nd drive.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    30 Jan 2016 #94
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Pell City, Alabama 35125
    Posts : 1,043
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Nothing else left to try....that I can think of Jesse......looks like your 2nd account is a keeper....because you reported that is running fine.

    Unless you want to Refresh your OS Again.....that keeps all your Personal files, if I remember correctly. but will remove all your apps.....that didn't come with Windows.

    Why folks don't make image backups is a mystery to me?? Would save those folks so much trouble if they did. I make mine every week to 2 weeks......save them on my 2nd drive.
    No, and I think I am going to go with David's choice and your choice of using Macrium Reflect. But the thing is, I really don't understand Macrium Reflect.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    30 Jan 2016 #95
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Pell City, Alabama 35125
    Posts : 1,043
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Do I click the Free or Home of Macrium Reflect? Below is the screenshot of what I am talking about.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-01-30 (1).png 
Views:	19 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	61609
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    30 Jan 2016 #96
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,316
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Williams View Post
    Do I click the Free or Home of Macrium Reflect? Below is the screenshot of what I am talking about.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-01-30 (1).png 
Views:	19 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	61609
    wrong version....that's not the free one....hold on...i'll get u the link
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    30 Jan 2016 #97
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,316
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Here is the link for the Free version....delete that one you got.
    http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx
    And a msg thread that has more links to help you understand how you can use Macrium Reflect.

    https://www.tenforums.com/software-ap...ct-update.html
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    30 Jan 2016 #98
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Pell City, Alabama 35125
    Posts : 1,043
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Here is the link for the Free version....delete that one you got.
    http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx
    And a msg thread that has more links to help you understand how you can use Macrium Reflect.

    https://www.tenforums.com/software-ap...ct-update.html
    That asks me the same thing. If I click on the drop down box, it says Free or Home? Which one do I choose? Free?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    30 Jan 2016 #99
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,316
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    @Jesse Williams Their is one more thing you could do Jesse to kinda say thanks to Davidhk go to one of his msgs to you, and click on the hand with the thumbs up sign.....it would be a nice way to say thanks to David for all the help he has given you. David had the only solution that seemed to have worked for you.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    30 Jan 2016 #100
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,316
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Williams View Post
    That asks me the same thing. If I click on the drop down box, it says Free or Home? Which one do I choose? Free?
    Yes FREE version........it should not have asked you thou.....cause that page was for only the free version....at the very top of that page....but...yes....FREE version
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Browsers & Email Reset Internet Explorer to Default in Windows 10
How to Reset Internet Explorer to Default in Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 is a web browser that comes included with Windows 10, but Microsoft Edge is the default web browser. You can reset Internet Explorer settings to return them to the...
Tutorials
Solved Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly
I have a laptop ASUS Zenbook UX303LN. I made a clean install to Windows 10 and now it doesn't shut down properly. When I shut it down, the screen goes black, but the power light remains on and I have to shut it down manually. Also, I sometimes...
General Support
My DVD-Rom doesn't work properly
Well I only noticed this now, when I tried burning the Windows 10 ISO on a DVD. The setup doesn't work, it returns an error. I also tried using Alcohol 120% to burn the image but it also fails with an error. I had a rewritable DVD lying around so I...
Drivers and Hardware
Windows 10 doesn't shutdown properly
Hey seems to be a common problem with Windows 10 but does anyone have any other ideas how i can close Windows 10 properly. I use shutdown but it shuts down and just stays on at the final stage. I've disabled fast start but it's still doing it. Any...
General Support
Build 10041 Samba doesn't show C drive properly !!!!
Hi there 3 Linux servers with different distros seem to be unable to read the C drive directory properly on a new Windows 10041 (Real) machine. Seems to be NO problem in accessing the other shared drives on the computer. This problem only...
Network and Sharing
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:13.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums