Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    22 Jan 2016 #11
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Standish, Lancashire
    Posts : 6,069
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Just report the post in question and one of the mods will sort it, i'm on my phone on a train and cant do much.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    22 Jan 2016 #12
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 7
    Wondows 10 home
    Thread Starter

    Tried to edit the post, but the "Delete" icon is nowhere on screen when I select the "Manage Attachments"

    In relation to original question ..........I also use Thunderbird to access 3 other EMail accounts, are you saying basically that I should just bin the Mail App, and stick to accessing ALL mail via Thuderbird ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    22 Jan 2016 #13
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 2,500
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by Janeygee View Post
    I know you must be thinking..............stupid................but all I get on screen with windows mail is :

    screenshot of current Junk folder.
    Janey.
    The particular junk question you are referring to is purely a Windows Mail filtering system suspicious.
    If you made an inquiry concerning this e-mail you have nothing to worry about, if you trust the sender click on show full contents.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    22 Jan 2016 #14
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 39,943
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Janeygee View Post
    Tried to edit the post, but the "Delete" icon is nowhere on screen when I select the "Manage Attachments"

    In relation to original question ..........I also use Thunderbird to access 3 other EMail accounts, are you saying basically that I should just bin the Mail App, and stick to accessing ALL mail via Thuderbird ?
    OK try to delete the Whole post.....don't look for manage attachments......choose Delete Post instead....
    Also maybe @essenbe can help you.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    22 Jan 2016 #15
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3,808
    10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dencal View Post
    Janey.
    The particular junk question you are referring to is purely a Windows Mail filtering system suspicious.
    If you made an inquiry concerning this e-mail you have nothing to worry about, if you trust the sender click on show full contents.
    Sorry, no this is completely wrong. The sender is EasyJet. You might think they are junk, I might not.

    Windows Mail doesn't have any junk filtering. It comes from the host. If it is in the IMAP folder called junk it arrives in the Windows mail folder called junk. If it comes from gmail perhaps it is called spam.

    Maybe sometimes trash is called rubbish bin or something else but you must realise the folder definition and rules are on the host.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    22 Jan 2016 #16
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 39,943
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    I think all the Junk Mail is controlled from Outlook / Hotmail.Com FROM the WEB.....if user logs into his Hotmail account from the WEB and makes his needed changes their....it will show up in his Desktop mail app.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    22 Jan 2016 #17
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 2,500
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by Janeygee View Post
    Tried to edit the post, but the "Delete" icon is nowhere on screen when I select the "Manage Attachments"

    In relation to original question ..........I also use Thunderbird to access 3 other EMail accounts, are you saying basically that I should just bin the Mail App, and stick to accessing ALL mail via Thuderbird ?
    This Windows Mail app is in my opinion absolutely brilliant, so simple to set up.
    The attachment shows how to delete circled in red, click on attachment to enlarge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ad.JPG  
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    22 Jan 2016 #18
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 39,943
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by dencal View Post
    This Windows Mail app is in my opinion absolutely brilliant, so simple to set up.
    The attachment shows how to delete circled in red, click on attachment to enlarge.
    Well no offense intended, but I could think of a description for the Windows Mail app, and it wouldn't be "Absolutely Brilliant" as it lacks lots of features.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    22 Jan 2016 #19
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 2,500
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by lx07 View Post
    Sorry, no this is completely wrong. The sender is EasyJet. You might think they are junk, I might not.

    Windows Mail doesn't have any junk filtering. It comes from the host. If it is in the IMAP folder called junk it arrives in the Windows mail folder called junk. If it comes from gmail perhaps it is called spam.

    Maybe sometimes trash is called rubbish bin or something else but you must realise the folder definition and rules are on the host.
    You need to reread my post...it is NOT in the junk folder, just marked out as junk....Windows Mail does have a filtering system.
    Your whole post does not make sense.....do you use Windows Mail?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    22 Jan 2016 #20
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 39,943
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Thanks essenbe for removing the post #3 for Janeygee!!!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Mail Application and Junk E-mail
I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on 1 August. I installed the Windows 10 mail application on that date and set up my Microsoft Outlook account. Today when I checked my e-mails using Outlook.com rather than the Windows 10 mail application....
Browsers and Email
Solved junk mail
Is it my imagination or am I the only one getting bombed with mail--junk or otherwise and with advertisements. I think free win 10 not so free after all.
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:46.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums