1.    14 Jan 2016 #1
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 60
    windows 10

    Internet Connection But Browsers Don't Work, Periodically


    After having my laptop on for a few hours I encounter a situation where I clearly have an internet connection but my browsers do not work, (both Firefox and Edge). What's weird is, on firefox, it will usually go to home page (google) and google will search, but from there every link I try to click on will display as 'unable to connect'. The only remedy is to power down and reboot.

    Reading around I see this issue cropping up back as far as windows 7 but no definitive cause, although potential DNS issues are mentioned.

    Any advice would be appreciated.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    14 Jan 2016 #2
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 13,001
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros72 View Post
    After having my laptop on for a few hours I encounter a situation where I clearly have an internet connection but my browsers do not work, (both Firefox and Edge). What's weird is, on firefox, it will usually go to home page (google) and google will search, but from there every link I try to click on will display as 'unable to connect'. The only remedy is to power down and reboot.

    Reading around I see this issue cropping up back as far as windows 7 but no definitive cause, although potential DNS issues are mentioned.

    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Hi.
    You could try assigning Google DNS servers to your adapter, and see if that makes a difference. In Control Panel>Network and Sharing>, Change Adapter Settings> right click on your wireless adapter and select Properties, then highlight the IPv4 and select properties, select the radio button Use the following DNS server addresses and input 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    14 Jan 2016 #3
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 60
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by simrick View Post
    Hi.
    You could try assigning Google DNS servers to your adapter, and see if that makes a difference. In Control Panel>Network and Sharing>, Change Adapter Settings> right click on your wireless adapter and select Properties, then highlight the IPv4 and select properties, select the radio button Use the following DNS server addresses and input 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
    Thank you for your reply, I will try that and monitor the situation for a while.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    14 Jan 2016 #4
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 13,001
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros72 View Post
    Thank you for your reply, I will try that and monitor the situation for a while.
    Sounds good.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    18 Feb 2016 #5
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 60
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by simrick View Post
    Sounds good.
    Just to update, I followed the clear instructions a while ago now and have monitored, and no further issues since. Sorted.

    Thanks again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    18 Feb 2016 #6
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 13,001
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros72 View Post
    Just to update, I followed the clear instructions a while ago now and have monitored, and no further issues since. Sorted.

    Thanks again.
    Excellent news! Thanks for reporting back!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
All Browsers Work Intermittently
Edge, Firefox & Chrome work intermittently. After some time, that's not consistent, searches stop working. Solutions include deleting all browsing data (sometimes works) and rebooting (always works to this point). This intermittent problem only...
Browsers and Email
Windows 10 Internet connection evolves eventually to no connection
I have been having an extreme problem with connecting to the internet. After upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7 home version (I assume windows 10 is the problem) I had connectivity for over a month. Thus I cannot roll back to windows 7 anymore....
Network and Sharing
IE doesn't work, all other browsers do
I have a client that brought me his "self upgraded" computer. Symptom: IE doesn't work, can't download chrome. I start off by resetting IE settings to defaults which typically solves a lot of IE problems. Didn't here. I then uninstalled IE...
Browsers and Email
How to make browsers work with AMD GPU?
Hello, I just noticed that I can't make my browsers: Internet Explorer / Chrome to work with AMD Switchable graphics. (And some others softwares such as WMP) I have a laptop with both AMD gpu and the on-board intel, but I can't make the browser...
Graphic Cards
Solved Browsers cannot establish connection at certain sites
Hi, I cannot reach some websites that were easily accessible to me about a couple of weeks ago and get this message from (For example..) Firefox, here's another site I discovered this morning: Unable to connect Firefox can't establish a...
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums