Completely Uninstall & Remove All Traces of Edge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 194
    Windows 10
       #1

    Completely Uninstall & Remove All Traces of Edge


    How do I quickly remove and uninstall Edge? Did anyone make a .reg or .bat file to do it all for you?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 17,832
    Windows 10
       #2

    SightUp said:
    Completely Uninstall & Remove All Traces of Edge
    How do I quickly remove and uninstall Edge? Did anyone make a .reg or .bat file to do it all for you?
    Install Windows 8!
    No, seriously, it can't be done and, if it can, it's not worth it!
    Just don't use it, it does no harm sittin there.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 1,250
    Windows 10 Pro
       #3

    Apparently there was a method of Edge in the early days of Windows 10 but it no longer works. If possible at all it would require advanced surgery and the risks of doing serious harm to the OS would be high. It was never intended that Edge be removed and there is no provision to do this.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 429
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #4

    I would like to have it gone too. It is running in the background because when I run CCleaner, it says it has to shutdown Edge before it can clean.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 21
    Windows 10
       #5

    Clint said:
    I would like to have it gone too. It is running in the background because when I run CCleaner, it says it has to shutdown Edge before it can clean.
    Yeah, that´s what I recognized too. I just ask myself, why does it need to mess around when I'm not using it?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       #6

    Removing Microsoft Edge - The Easy way


    Uninstall Tool can be used to easily uninstall Microsoft Edge, pretend that Brave Browser as seen in the screenshot is Edge. Anyone could forcefully remove Edge (or run the uninstaller from Uninstall Tool as one literally exists LMAO) and manually remove the left over registries and files.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Completely Uninstall & Remove All Traces of Edge-unknown-1-.png  
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 18,232
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19045.1806 (x64) [22H2]
       #7

    SightUp said:
    How do I quickly remove and uninstall Edge? Did anyone make a .reg or .bat file to do it all for you?


    How to remove Microsoft Edge from Windows 10 | TechRadar


    I used this method. Seems to work.
    Haven't had any issues, yet.
    Removed EDGE November 30th 2021.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 194
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #8

    Ghot said:
    How to remove Microsoft Edge from Windows 10 | TechRadar


    I used this method. Seems to work.
    Haven't had any issues, yet.
    Removed EDGE November 30th 2021.
    I am confused on the first command part. Where I need to replace XX, under apps, it says 44.22000.120.0. What do I put for XX?
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 35,560
    Win 10 Pro (21H2) (2nd PC is 21H2)
       #9

    Please note- some who have removed Edge then find certain routine Windows updates fail.

    If you choose to remove Edge and then find this happen, you might require significant time on someone's part to help you solve that. That would seem unreasonable.

    Further: some links you might click on within Windows insist on launching Edge- they do not respect your default browser choice.

    Any major Windows upgrade or in-place upgrade repair install will reinstate Edge.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 18,232
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19045.1806 (x64) [22H2]
       #10

    SightUp said:
    I am confused on the first command part. Where I need to replace XX, under apps, it says 44.22000.120.0. What do I put for XX?



    Unless you're on a seriously old version of Windows, the number you will be placing where xx is, should be something starting with a number in the 80's or 90's.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:42.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums