Windows 10: WLM has quit Working

  1.    16 Dec 2015 #1

    WLM has quit Working


    WLM has quit working - HELP! I have tried repairing but there was no change. If I reinstall will I lose all my emails and calendar information? Probably? Please help.

    nijode
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 2,422
    Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64 Win10Prox64
       16 Dec 2015 #2

    Your Email Messages and Account(s) are stored under:
    %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
    You can manually copy the whole folder to somewhere else just in case then do a clean install of WLM.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 5,074
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       16 Dec 2015 #3

    nijode said: View Post
    WLM has quit working - HELP! I have tried repairing but there was no change. If I reinstall will I lose all my emails and calendar information? Probably? Please help.

    nijode
    I am assuming that you received the same email we, the WLM users, have received, and you ran the update (KB3093594) given to you from the email.
    If that was the case, after you have reinstall Windows essentials and WLM is back in action, do NOT run that update again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    16 Dec 2015 #4

    Thanks for the response. I DID NOT reinstall as I am concerned about losing my history. Instead I did a repair which did not help. If I reinstall will I keep my history? Thanks, Nick.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    16 Dec 2015 #5

    Thanks for the response. I DID NOT reinstall as I am concerned about losing my history. Instead I did a repair which did not help. If I reinstall will I keep my history? Thanks, Nick.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    18 Dec 2015 #6

    topgundcp said: View Post
    Your Email Messages and Account(s) are stored under:
    %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
    You can manually copy the whole folder to somewhere else just in case then do a clean install of WLM.
    Thanks, problem fixed, I re-installed an all my history came back. I appreciate your being there to help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    18 Dec 2015 #7

    davidhk said: View Post
    I am assuming that you received the same email we, the WLM users, have received, and you ran the update (KB3093594) given to you from the email.
    If that was the case, after you have reinstall Windows essentials and WLM is back in action, do NOT run that update again.

    Thanks, I re-installed and all is good. I did NOT run the update again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Driver update gone bad caused my start button to stop working. I have tried sfc /scannow but it didn't find any issues. I don't want to do a system restore because the last time I did, that caused more problems! (edge vanished) Any clever ways...
Epson Workforce 645 Quit Printing in Drivers and Hardware
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer after reading the queries and answers at https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/3332-printer-wont-print.html. My printer still will not print; the message I always receive is, "print spooler is not...
Sound quit working, Again? in General Support
Hi I posted about this before, but once again my sound quit working. Last night when I shut down my computer it was working, this morning when I booted up it wasn't. I restarted a couple of times (which has worked before when this happened...
Sound quit working? in General Support
Hi Last night my sound just quit working. I went through everything and they all said that my sound was working correctly, but no sound came out. Rebooted still the same thing, checked all my plugs, Device Manager, tested etc. No sound. ...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:48.
Find Us