Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    12 Dec 2015 #11
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,446
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    I'm using Em Client and I love it. The free version is easy to setup and use.
    Any idea how it compares to Thunderbird? I've been trying out Outlook 2016 but I'm thinking about going back to Thunderbird. Outlook is OK, it's just more than I need for a email program.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    12 Dec 2015 #12
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    Any idea how it compares to Thunderbird? I've been trying out Outlook 2016 but I'm thinking about going back to Thunderbird. Outlook is OK, it's just more than I need for a email program.
    While Thunderbird is nice I much prefer Em Client over it. It's so easy to set up and it has more of a professional feel to it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    12 Dec 2015 #13
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,446
    Windows 10 Pro

    Thanks! If I do decide to switch I'll give it a try.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    12 Dec 2015 #14
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    Thanks! If I do decide to switch I'll give it a try.
    I think you'll like it. It has an audible email notification that's a nice feature.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    12 Dec 2015 #15
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 114
    Windows 10

    WLM & the Outlook.com message are valid; the message is just badly timed!

    This is the issue: MS is performing an upgrade in waves of Outlook.com accounts. Unfortunately, they jumped too soon to send out this message, and it's crashing WLM if your account hasn't yet been upgraded.

    Here's the word (courtesy of Ron Sommer MVP):

    Login to your outlook.com account using a browser. Does it say Outlook.com or Outlook Mail (Preview)?


    KB3093594 should only be installed if you have an outlook.com account that has been upgraded to Outlook Mail (Preview).


    If you have more than one outlook.com account, you will have to decide if you want the accounts that have not been upgraded to Outlook Mail (Preview) to work or do you want the accounts that have been upgraded to work.



    No Outlook Mail (Preview) accounts - do not install KB3093594.

    An account has upgraded to Outlook Mail (Preview) - install KB3093594.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    12 Dec 2015 #16
    Join Date : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 3,454
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Tully View Post
    Thanx for continued use!

    No way I don't want outlook! It is for BIG BUSINESS, not for an 87 year old that uses it for famiyl & friends communication!

    MS IS NO FOR RETIRED PEOPLE! IT IS FOR THE POWER USERS!

    I AM FINDING THAT THIS SITE IS FOR POWER USERS ONLY! Not for use that have a simple problem!

    If you post one you get SNEERED AT>

    YOPU HAVE SEEN THE LAST OF ME!

    TULLY!
    sorry to see an upset users ,not sure why you are taking it out this thread ,as mentioned ,report any abuse to the moderators , any my post is referring to outlook.com mail ,, office outlook mail client ..

    I will have to try out some of the mail clients mentioned ,thanks for the suggestions
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    12 Dec 2015 #17
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Posts : 76
    Windows 10 Pro/8.1 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by gpstoloff View Post
    WLM & the Outlook.com message are valid; the message is just badly timed!

    This is the issue: MS is performing an upgrade in waves of Outlook.com accounts. Unfortunately, they jumped too soon to send out this message, and it's crashing WLM if your account hasn't yet been upgraded.

    Here's the word (courtesy of Ron Sommer MVP):

    Login to your outlook.com account using a browser. Does it say Outlook.com or Outlook Mail (Preview)?


    KB3093594 should only be installed if you have an outlook.com account that has been upgraded to Outlook Mail (Preview).


    If you have more than one outlook.com account, you will have to decide if you want the accounts that have not been upgraded to Outlook Mail (Preview) to work or do you want the accounts that have been upgraded to work.



    No Outlook Mail (Preview) accounts - do not install KB3093594.

    An account has upgraded to Outlook Mail (Preview) - install KB3093594.
    Sorry but the response from the MVP is not correct. This update works in Windows 8.1, just not in Windows 10. Neither of my email accounts have been converted but function fine in WLM 2012 with the update in 8.1 so it appears whether an email account is outlook.com or Outlook Mail (preview) makes no difference. Otherwise , it wouldn't work in Windows 8.1. Hopefully, someone with Microsoft will fix the problem with the update so that it will work in Windows 10, too.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    13 Dec 2015 #18
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,446
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    I think you'll like it. It has an audible email notification that's a nice feature.
    I've been playing around with eM Client for a few hours now. So far I think I like it better than Outlook and Thunderbird. Between playing around with it and reading the eM Client forum post I'm getting it setup the way I want it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    13 Dec 2015 #19
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    I've been playing around with eM Client for a few hours now. So far I think I like it better than Outlook and Thunderbird. Between playing around with it and reading the eM Client forum post I'm getting it setup the way I want it.
    Good to hear. Another member mentioned it here some time ago and I checked it out. It's one of the best email clients I've used.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    13 Dec 2015 #20
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Dublin Ireland
    Posts : 169
    Win 10-

    MS Mail programs


    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    Good to hear. Another member mentioned it here some time ago and I checked it out. It's one of the best email clients I've used.
    Thanx for Info;

    Maybe now I can get out of the MS Doctorial Regime that I was pleased with for so many years!

    It has become unfriendly to the elderly by forcing us to use programs that are not suitable our lifestyles!
    And I speak for the residents of the Retirement home that I live.

    YES! People over 65 do use computers!

    Tully
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows Live Mail only searching email subjects, not email contents
I didn't notice this before today. I'm running the 64 bit version of Windows 10 Pro, fully up to date, as well as the latest version of Windows Live Mail. I have a bunch of storage folders that I've created for email, so my actual inboxes are pretty...
Browsers and Email
Solved Windows Live Mail suddenly very slow to change between email folders
I have been using Windows Live Mail for years and have 3 email accounts synced in it. After some recent changes to my PC, the program is suddenly very slow to change between email folders. What I mean specifically is if I click on one inbox, and...
Browsers and Email
Compatible 3rd Party Email Clients ?
Anyone tried Incredimail 2.5, Thunderbird, WLM and ilk yet?
Browsers and Email
Solved Can I Import Live Mail 2012 to Windows 10 Mail?
I've used WLM 2012 with Windows 7 and it has worked fine all these years. After installing 10 I see it contains its own Mail app. Is it possible to transfer all my emails and settings from WLM to Mail?
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:58.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums