Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
  1.    14 Dec 2015 #81
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 31
    Windows 7 and Windows 10

    For those of you running the patched version, I'm curious to know what yours now says under Accounts->Properties->Server->Server URL. I've already rolled back to the non-patched version, because mine wouldn't sync (would get stuck whenever checking for new messages), but before I rolled back, I checked my Server URL, and it still said the following (with DeltaSync in the URL). Could this be the reason why, after patching, it would no longer sync?
    Code:
    https://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/sync.aspx
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    14 Dec 2015 #82
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Northern Rivers NSW
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Home x64

    Igentry....Thank the gods for that...love WLM but have never had any use for @outlook.com, @Hotmail.com, @msn.com and similar generic email services. The secure SPAMless email service provided through my ISP is all I need.
    Probably would be a bit less confusion for old-school types like me if Microsoft sometimes considered the possibility that not everybody wants to be involved in their interconnected dream world and uses communication channels provided by somebody other than them.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    14 Dec 2015 #83
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 775
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 17017

    Quote Originally Posted by mmortal03 View Post
    For those of you running the patched version, I'm curious to know what yours now says under Accounts->Properties->Server->Server URL. I've already rolled back to the non-patched version, because mine wouldn't sync (would get stuck whenever checking for new messages), but before I rolled back, I checked my Server URL, and it still said the following (with DeltaSync in the URL). Could this be the reason why, after patching, it would no longer sync?
    Code:
    https://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/sync.aspx
    Mine is patched: Version 2012 (Build 16.4.3528.0918) and working perfect now! And Server URL is: https://mail.services.live.com/Delta....0.0/sync.aspx exactly same as yours.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    14 Dec 2015 #84
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 31
    Windows 7 and Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by jyusa View Post
    Mine is patched: Version 2012 (Build 16.4.3528.0918) and working perfect now! And Server URL is: https://mail.services.live.com/Delta....0.0/sync.aspx exactly same as yours.
    Interesting. Did you have to leave it checking for new messages for a long time? Maybe I just wasn't patient enough.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    14 Dec 2015 #85
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 775
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 17017

    My WLM is active program (Always on) and message is set to send/receive every 1 minute. I've been running Build 0918 for over 40 hours on all my 3 windows 10 PCs.

    Maybe you need a little bid more patience!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    15 Dec 2015 #86
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 13
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit

    Quote Originally Posted by jyusa View Post
    My WLM is active program (Always on) and message is set to send/receive every 1 minute. I've been running Build 0918 for over 40 hours on all my 3 windows 10 PCs.

    Maybe you need a little bid more patience!
    Have you tried clicking on the Calendar yet? That's what causes a crash every time even if you can get WLM to finally start up and not crash.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    15 Dec 2015 #87
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 775
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 17017

    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyHemi View Post
    Have you tried clicking on the Calendar yet? That's what causes a crash every time even if you can get WLM to finally start up and not crash.
    No, I didn't try, but I read about that. Why would I do that if everything running well? Just try to see if I can kill it? To me, this is the best solution than not to patch it so far.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    15 Dec 2015 #88
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 13
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit

    Quote Originally Posted by jyusa View Post
    No, I didn't try, but I read about that. Why would I do that if everything running well? Just try to see if I can kill it? To me, this is the best solution than not to patch it so far.
    Because as soon as your calendar decides to sync or if you try to update your calendar it will probably crash. I'd think it would be just a few minutes to test it out to either verify that is the case or, you're actually working "perfectly". IMO, since it operates normally without the patch currently, the best solution is to not use the patch, right?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    15 Dec 2015 #89
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 13
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit

    Double
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    15 Dec 2015 #90
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 775
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 17017

    My personal calendar does sync well with WLM 0918 and updated as I can see that from Calendar Pane in WLM. I think that we all know MS will make a change of this shortly, without update with this patch, the send and receive will stop working, and why would we believe to stay without patching it is a better idea than a solution is already available?

    It maybe a good idea for you to wait a few more days to decide to proceed to do the patch! After all, anything can happen.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Live Mail 2012 crashes regularly in Windows 10
Even after replacing Live Mail 2011 with 2012, I find that it still crashes on and off with the message "something unexpected has happened and Windows Live Mail must close". If I reboot, it works fine, but I don't want to have to reboot every...
Browsers and Email
windows live mail 2012 crashing with html emails
Since updating to Windows 10 from 8.1, Windows Live Mail instantly crashes when viewing most emails. I can't quite work out which ones it is allowing me to view although the only way to stop this behaviour is to tick the box 'Read all messages in...
Browsers and Email
Windows Live Mail 2012 problem with Win10
Recently "upgraded" to W10 from W7 (like so many apparently :D) Most of 10 works OK and my old installed programs are fine but the big problem I'm having is with Live Mail 2012 Program (is it now an app?) The program sometimes starts, sometimes...
Browsers and Email
Solved Can I Import Live Mail 2012 to Windows 10 Mail?
I've used WLM 2012 with Windows 7 and it has worked fine all these years. After installing 10 I see it contains its own Mail app. Is it possible to transfer all my emails and settings from WLM to Mail?
Browsers and Email
windows live mail 2012
Hi I have just installed windows 10 upgrade and everything is fine but my email. I use WLM 2012 for work with my work signature on it and it wont work properly. It seems to give this error message when i try and send " the message cannot be sent...
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums