Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Dec 2015
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10
       17 Dec 2015 #131

    AdHoc said: View Post
    Okay, this is actually worse than I thought.

    Emails sent from Hotmail accounts in WLM are marked as "To:"... myself!!!

    See here:


    (I'm "Gabriel", but these emails were sent to other people, like Nick.)

    This is unacceptable for me, so I'll try to uninstall the patch.

    Edit: I now got rid of the hotfix and everything is back to normal! Emails sent immediately placed in the Sent folder and to the right recipient!! (plus coding problem gone)
    I didn't realise you had the patch installed. It's caused no end of problems for most WLM users. Microsoft should be ashamed of themselves. Pleased you've got it fixed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2014
    Hartselle
    Posts : 234
    Windows 10 Pro 14393.726
       18 Dec 2015 #132

    Finally, an acknowledgment from Microsoft concerning this update KB3093594.

    Known issues about this update

    • Issue 1: After you install this update (that was released before December 17, 2015), you may find that the program crashes soon after start.
      Solution: Microsoft has identified the cause and has released a fix that addresses the issue for affected users on applicable platforms. To fix this issue, install this update that's released on December 17, 2015.
    • Issue 2: After you install this update that's released on December 17, 2015, you may experience mail sync issues.
      This issue occurs because of a server-side problem. Microsoft is researching this issue and will post more information in this article when the information becomes available.


    The update now shows a release date of 12/17/2015 and it appears to address the Calendar Sync issue predominately found to occur in Windows 10. I have tried it in Windows 10 and WLM 2012 no longer crashes when the Calendar is Syncing.

    I realize that this update is not directly specified for Windows 10, but this new behavior is nonetheless encouraging.

    Links that may be helpful:

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=49486
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3093594
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Dec 2015
    Posts : 31
    Windows 7
       18 Dec 2015 #133

    Very good news, but there's more issues to fix yet, especially on Windows 7. @Microsoft: see above
    Thanks!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Feb 2015
    Posts : 75
    Windows 10 Pro/8.1 Pro
       19 Dec 2015 #134

    AdHoc said: View Post
    Very good news, but there's more issues to fix yet, especially on Windows 7. @Microsoft: see above
    Thanks!
    Just to confirm, I have applied the revised update KB3093594 on quite a few machines-a mixture of Windows 7, 8.1. and 10.
    Everything seems to work as expected now (although I did have to wait a bit for everything to sync the first time). I have not experienced any of the issues you described that you are still having. All of mine are the English version so I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Hope you get things worked out. Merry Christmas.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Dec 2015
    Posts : 31
    Windows 7
       19 Dec 2015 #135

    lgentry said: View Post
    Just to confirm, I have applied the revised update KB3093594 on quite a few machines-a mixture of Windows 7, 8.1. and 10.
    Everything seems to work as expected now (although I did have to wait a bit for everything to sync the first time). I have not experienced any of the issues you described that you are still having. All of mine are the English version so I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Hope you get things worked out. Merry Christmas.
    I have not tried the revised update, so it might have been solved (or I could just be unlucky ).

    But because Microsoft did not comment on these particular problems, I will wait further

    Thanks and Merry Christmas!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 6
    *
       11 Feb 2016 #136

    tracit99 said: View Post
    Finally, an acknowledgment from Microsoft concerning this update KB3093594.

    Known issues about this update

    • Issue 1: After you install this update (that was released before December 17, 2015), you may find that the program crashes soon after start.
      Solution: Microsoft has identified the cause and has released a fix that addresses the issue for affected users on applicable platforms. To fix this issue, install this update that's released on December 17, 2015.
    • Issue 2: After you install this update that's released on December 17, 2015, you may experience mail sync issues.
      This issue occurs because of a server-side problem. Microsoft is researching this issue and will post more information in this article when the information becomes available.


    The update now shows a release date of 12/17/2015 and it appears to address the Calendar Sync issue predominately found to occur in Windows 10. I have tried it in Windows 10 and WLM 2012 no longer crashes when the Calendar is Syncing.

    I realize that this update is not directly specified for Windows 10, but this new behavior is nonetheless encouraging.

    Links that may be helpful:

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=49486
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3093594

    Does anyone have a copy of the 12/17/2015 update? Please upload to a mirror.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Aug 2015
    Firle, England
    Posts : 7
    W10 Pro x64
       11 Feb 2016 #137

    XP1 said: View Post
    Does anyone have a copy of the 12/17/2015 update? Please upload to a mirror.
    That would be illegal. Why do you want it?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Feb 2015
    Posts : 75
    Windows 10 Pro/8.1 Pro
       11 Feb 2016 #138

    XP1 said: View Post
    Does anyone have a copy of the 12/17/2015 update? Please upload to a mirror.
    I tried to post a link to my onedrive but the forum won't post it. PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2013
    Covington, Louisiana
    Posts : 536
    Windows 10 Pro 64
       11 Feb 2016 #139

    Looks like this update was pulled and will be updated at a future time.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3093594

    Article ID: 3093594 - Last Review: 02/02/2016 03:02:00 - Revision: 8.0


    Issues 3:Some customers have reported other issues with the release on December 17, 2015. This update is no longer being offered while Microsoft investigates these issues farther. Server interactions will remain supported during this investigation.

    This issue occurs because of a server-side problem. Microsoft is researching this issue and will post more information in this article when the information becomes available.
    I have WLM 2012 and on my Outlook account it is still using the old sync method that this update was changing to ActiveSync.
    I was late for this update as I was out of town when it came out so never got it.

    Jim
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : May 2016
    Posts : 1
    Windows 7
       15 May 2016 #140

    lgentry said: View Post
    I tried to post a link to my onedrive but the forum won't post it. PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you.
    I want it, too

    I use Outlook 2007 now. The support service will be end in the next year. I wish to keep a full installer and patch(es) of Windows Live Mail 2012 as a substitute for that. But I missed KB 3093594 patch (2015/12/17).


    <Edit>
    Thanks a lot. I keep them with great care.
    Last edited by Bm2016051501; 15 May 2016 at 15:56.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Live Mail 2012 crashes regularly in Windows 10
Even after replacing Live Mail 2011 with 2012, I find that it still crashes on and off with the message "something unexpected has happened and Windows Live Mail must close". If I reboot, it works fine, but I don't want to have to reboot every...
Browsers and Email
windows live mail 2012 crashing with html emails
Since updating to Windows 10 from 8.1, Windows Live Mail instantly crashes when viewing most emails. I can't quite work out which ones it is allowing me to view although the only way to stop this behaviour is to tick the box 'Read all messages in...
Browsers and Email
Windows Live Mail 2012 problem with Win10
Recently "upgraded" to W10 from W7 (like so many apparently :D) Most of 10 works OK and my old installed programs are fine but the big problem I'm having is with Live Mail 2012 Program (is it now an app?) The program sometimes starts, sometimes...
Browsers and Email
Solved Can I Import Live Mail 2012 to Windows 10 Mail?
I've used WLM 2012 with Windows 7 and it has worked fine all these years. After installing 10 I see it contains its own Mail app. Is it possible to transfer all my emails and settings from WLM to Mail?
Browsers and Email
windows live mail 2012
Hi I have just installed windows 10 upgrade and everything is fine but my email. I use WLM 2012 for work with my work signature on it and it wont work properly. It seems to give this error message when i try and send " the message cannot be sent...
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:50.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums