1.    11 Nov 2015 #1

    Webpage won't load in FF or IE but is OK in Edge


    New to W10 (from W7)

    I have been searching/reading here but can't see the answer.
    The problem, a certain webpage and my home page http://www.whiskey7.org won't load in FF. I get 'Server not found'

    It works in Edge and I am rather new to that so prefer to stay with Firefox.

    In IE I get the error message 'This page canít be displayed'

    My son (remote and yesterday) reported the same thing and it also happens on my laptop (W7 install) next to me.

    I am a bit confused as to why it works in Edge but not Firefox or IE. and seek advice please.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    11 Nov 2015 #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey 7 View Post
    New to W10 (from W7)

    I have been searching/reading here but can't see the answer.
    The problem, a certain webpage and my home page http://www.whiskey7.org won't load in FF. I get 'Server not found'

    It works in Edge and I am rather new to that so prefer to stay with Firefox.

    In IE I get the error message 'This page can’t be displayed'

    My son (remote and yesterday) reported the same thing and it also happens on my laptop (W7 install) next to me.

    I am a bit confused as to why it works in Edge but not Firefox or IE. and seek advice please.
    Seems like the site is down : Whiskey7.org - Is Whiskey7 Down Right Now?
    Check your proxy settings if you have any, that may be the issue.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    11 Nov 2015 #3

    Thanks. I forgot that site isitdownrightnow.com so I will check with the host.
    Confused, still it loads in this new Edge browser and the counter for visits increases.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    11 Nov 2015 #4

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey 7 View Post
    Thanks. I forgot that site isitdownrightnow.com so I will check with the host.
    Confused, still it loads in this new Edge browser and the counter for visits increases.
    May be edge is loading a cached version of the site. But the visitor count makes that notion not solid. Any way it says down when i check out. And it didn't worked on my edge browser either.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    11 Nov 2015 #5

    Thanks Shadow Delta.
    I just telephoned the web site hosting company and they suggested the domain name had expired!
    That was incorrect as I have an email to say I've paid up to 2019. I checked then with NetRegistry and confirmed all OK there.

    I called the host back and it seems to be something to do with updating nameserver data so I will hunt around there.

    As I suspect there's no W10 problem just a strange coincidence I will mark as solved.

    I was just mighty suspicious as I'd just got the new PC and I am learning to drive W10. When I couldn't access the site on W7 (laptop) I only got more confused and the comment from my son increased the level of paranoia.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    11 Nov 2015 #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey 7 View Post
    Thanks Shadow Delta.
    I just telephoned the web site hosting company and they suggested the domain name had expired!
    That was incorrect as I have an email to say I've paid up to 2019. I checked then with NetRegistry and confirmed all OK there.

    I called the host back and it seems to be something to do with updating nameserver data so I will hunt around there.

    As I suspect there's no W10 problem just a strange coincidence I will mark as solved.

    I was just mighty suspicious as I'd just got the new PC and I am learning to drive W10. When I couldn't access the site on W7 (laptop) I only got more confused and the comment from my son increased the level of paranoia.
    Glad to know that the issue got resolved.
    Hope that site comes up soon, the domain name seems interesting.

    Cheers,
    Shadow Delta.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
How to save webpage to desktop in Edge-Windows 10
Hi to all, I am trying to figure out how to save (create shortcut) to the desktop in Edge? Thank you in advance for any insight!
Browsers and Email
Solved a webpage (in edge) prevents me from reaching menu
Sirs, I tried to type in rottentomatoes.com (a website of movie reviews) and must have mistyped something, because I got a web page warning me of an error, and then it greyed out all the browser, so I can't get at the menu to clear the cache and...
Browsers and Email
windows wil not load nor will it load with installiation media
as per title what i have tried is checking the installation media is good which it is checked it on another rig running windows 10. okay so what happens is it will go through the normal boot up procedure my rig that is, bios will post normally and...
Performance & Maintenance
edge wont load youtube videos in html5 player wtf?
edge nor ie dont want to load youtube videos in html5 if u disable flash in settings videos dont work what bullshit is that and flash stuttering like crazy .. chrome works fine..i really wanted to go on edge but just flash player is no go for me...
Browsers and Email
MS Edge Will Not Load
Installed Win10 again yesterday after a glitch on the auto-install Wednesday. Uninstalled Win and reinstalled last night. Now, MS Edge will not open up. When I click on the Edge icon in the tray, it appears for a brief second and then disappears....
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:45.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums