WHY is Chrome such a pig these days?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 396
    Windows 10 1803
    Thread Starter
       #21

    contrare'.
    last firefox was ugly. the new ver is fast compared to old. no more mem hog than any of the others if you look carefully at all the issues, multitabs, under use. I have not seen leaks in the lastest [for which they are famous...infamous]
    chrome's hogginess is in video and it is variable depending on what vis is in your system. IE still is faster and way more efficient on vid especially in 8.1 and Win10. And Google=Government, which has been proven over and over ad nauseum. you don't mind government being online with you all the time, by all means use it.

    waterfox yesterday's news
    nightly was pretty fast - bugs come and go
    ymmv
    btw... anyone found a way to block those AGGANNOYING "trending on the web" massive ad-by-picture scammy insertions?
      My Computer

  2. Kesto's Avatar
    Posts : 86
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #22

    Chrome is still better, IE has terrible extension support and some websites don't support IE.
      My Computer

  3. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,728
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #23

    cognus said:
    contrare'.
    last firefox was ugly. the new ver is fast compared to old. no more mem hog than any of the others if you look carefully at all the issues, multitabs, under use. I have not seen leaks in the lastest [for which they are famous...infamous]
    chrome's hogginess is in video and it is variable depending on what vis is in your system. IE still is faster and way more efficient on vid especially in 8.1 and Win10. And Google=Government, which has been proven over and over ad nauseum. you don't mind government being online with you all the time, by all means use it.

    waterfox yesterday's news
    nightly was pretty fast - bugs come and go
    ymmv
    btw... anyone found a way to block those AGGANNOYING "trending on the web" massive ad-by-picture scammy insertions?
    So, what did you do?? Write/Code your own browser??
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 155
    Windows 8.1 Pro/Windows Preview 10
       #24

    My extensions always disappear

    from my thingy.
      My Computer

  5. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,728
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #25

    Gina France said:
    My extensions always disappear

    from my thingy.
    Your.. thingy?? Oh browser.

    Topic: I use Chrome and it's running rather well and just as fast if not faster than FF. YMMV.......
      My Computer

  6. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,569
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #26

    Actually I don't find chrome any more a resource hog than IE11. Remember IE is interwoven with windows and shares it's resources with the system so not everything will show up, where as Chrome is a stand alone system in itself, so all it's resources show up. A screen shot from my weak little laptop with 12 tabs open:
      My Computers

  7. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,728
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #27

    I think that with the processors and amount of RAM(at the prices) resources shouldn't be an issue. My processor goes to 3.2Ghz and I have 8GB of RAM so Chrome is not a resources hog for me at least.
      My Computer

  8. Kesto's Avatar
    Posts : 86
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #28

    BunnyJ said:
    I think that with the processors and amount of RAM(at the prices) resources shouldn't be an issue. My processor goes to 3.2Ghz and I have 8GB of RAM so Chrome is not a resources hog for me at least.
    Yeah those who say "Chrome is a resource hog" probably don't have the best pc specs, anyone who has 4GB RAM+ wouldn't be saying that chrome uses a lot of RAM.
      My Computer

  9. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,728
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #29

    Kesto said:
    Yeah those who say "Chrome is a resource hog" probably don't have the best pc specs, anyone who has 4GB RAM+ wouldn't be saying that chrome uses a lot of RAM.
    Even with only 4GB of RAM running Chrome really is not an issue for me..
    WHY  is Chrome such a pig these days?-capture.png
    Check this out Running Chrome with FireFox I only am using 28% of my RAM or 2.24GB or RAM. So, 4GB would work fine and 8GB is perfect, IMO. And yes, spending about 90$ for good Corsair RAM is a bit but in the long run it's well worth it, again, IMO,
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 55
    Win 10 preview
       #30

    johnwillyums said:
    Further to my above post.
    I've now tried several different browsers. Chrome, Chrome Canary, Firefox, PaleMoon, and Opera.

    Both Chrome and Chrome Canary seem to work fine, but both have this scrambled text input, on Facebook, issue.
    Firefox and PaleMoon, will not log into Gmail. The error message suggests I may have cookies blocked, but I haven't.
    Opera works perfectly so far. I've been testing it for about an hour, and so far I'm really impressed.

    Hey ho
    I have been using Opera also. I like it best so far.
      My Computer


 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums