Internet Explorer dead

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Posts : 790
    W11 pro 64 beta channel
    Thread Starter
       #11

    I have created the first restore point and have also put on Firefox as an alternative to IE because the internet access was still functioning after IE turned its toes up.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 3,245
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       #12

    I have an interesting scenario in that on my laptop, IE works fine under build 9926. On my desktop, some of the page display is o.k. But, when attempting to go to my work's website mail, it will not display. And, on my home webmail site, the page displays but I cannot click on the email -- when I do, it gets larger and larger and the fonts are blurred and not like all other webpages. I installed the build 9926 on the desktop without having another build on the desktop. Would that make a difference?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 719
    win 7 dual boot / 10
       #13

    magilla said:
    I have an interesting scenario in that on my laptop, IE works fine under build 9926. On my desktop, some of the page display is o.k. But, when attempting to go to my work's website mail, it will not display. And, on my home webmail site, the page displays but I cannot click on the email -- when I do, it gets larger and larger and the fonts are blurred and not like all other webpages. I installed the build 9926 on the desktop without having another build on the desktop. Would that make a difference?
    Have you try to run in compatibility mode? try open tools icon top right ie. click on compatibility view and add web site that you need to view. Might help something to try. Good luck
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 3,245
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       #14

    Charlie said:
    magilla said:
    I have an interesting scenario in that on my laptop, IE works fine under build 9926. On my desktop, some of the page display is o.k. But, when attempting to go to my work's website mail, it will not display. And, on my home webmail site, the page displays but I cannot click on the email -- when I do, it gets larger and larger and the fonts are blurred and not like all other webpages. I installed the build 9926 on the desktop without having another build on the desktop. Would that make a difference?
    Have you try to run in compatibility mode? try open tools icon top right ie. click on compatibility view and add web site that you need to view. Might help something to try. Good luck
    Yes, I did and that took care of the problem. But, the interesting thing is that on my laptop, without compatibility mode, both programs work. And, I have 6 computers running Internet Explorer 11 and NONE require compatibility mode for these two websites except this one computer. Just interesting, that's all. Thanks for the helpful comment on trying compatibility mode.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 719
    win 7 dual boot / 10
       #15

    magilla said:
    Charlie said:
    magilla said:
    I have an interesting scenario in that on my laptop, IE works fine under build 9926. On my desktop, some of the page display is o.k. But, when attempting to go to my work's website mail, it will not display. And, on my home webmail site, the page displays but I cannot click on the email -- when I do, it gets larger and larger and the fonts are blurred and not like all other webpages. I installed the build 9926 on the desktop without having another build on the desktop. Would that make a difference?
    Have you try to run in compatibility mode? try open tools icon top right ie. click on compatibility view and add web site that you need to view. Might help something to try. Good luck
    Yes, I did and that took care of the problem. But, the interesting thing is that on my laptop, without compatibility mode, both programs work. And, I have 6 computers running Internet Explorer 11 and NONE require compatibility mode for these two websites except this one computer. Just interesting, that's all. Thanks for the helpful comment on trying compatibility mode.
    Magilla. That is kinda odd. Good feedback for MS I spose. Thanks for posting back about compat mode working for you.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:51.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums