Latest Google Chrome released for Windows

  1. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 2,031
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 build 19042.685
       #301

    Finally this change came to the stable version without a way to disable it:
    Latest Google Chrome released for Windows-67vs68.jpg
    I had already talked about this in another comment, but I thought they would add a flag to eliminate that extra space, but it seems that they didn't.

    Using an extension that changes the new tab page, that space can be removed, unfortunately the bookmarks can't be moved or edited in the same way.
    Last edited by LEOPEVA64; 24 Jul 2018 at 17:51.
      My Computer

  2. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 2,031
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 build 19042.685
       #302

    In the new version of Chrome (68) you can now enable the option to change the background of the NTP, you just have to enable these two flags:

    Enable or Disable Changing New Tab Page Background in Google Chrome | Windows 10 Tutorials

    Latest Google Chrome released for Windows-ntp.jpg



    This option already worked in the Beta version and has just arrived at the stable version with this update, it is limited to Chrome wallpapers but in the Canary version there are more options that will come later, as I said in my other comment, this can be done with the themes, but it's good to be able to do it natively in the browser.
    Last edited by Brink; 25 Jul 2018 at 15:08. Reason: added tutorial link for more info
      My Computer

  3. Access Denied's Avatar
    Posts : 11,027
    Win10 x64
       #303

    Just got it. Thanks for the heads up.
      My Computer

  4. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,481
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21364
    Thread Starter
       #304
      My Computers

  5. Access Denied's Avatar
    Posts : 11,027
    Win10 x64
       #305

    I tried a couple of them and the tab bar at the top is so *** ugly to me, I went back to default. Thanks for the heads up all the same
      My Computer

  6. Bobby Phoenix's Avatar
    Posts : 473
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #306

    Access Denied said:
    I tried a couple of them and the tab bar at the top is so *** ugly to me, I went back to default. Thanks for the heads up all the same
    Set these three flags, and it will look better. By the next release the full glory of the default Material design will be here (Bottom Image).



    Latest Google Chrome released for Windows-image.png


    Latest Google Chrome released for Windows-image.png
      My Computer

  7. Access Denied's Avatar
    Posts : 11,027
    Win10 x64
       #307

    Bobby Phoenix said:
    Set these three flags, and it will look better. By the next release the full glory of the default Material design will be here (Bottom Image).



    Latest Google Chrome released for Windows-image.png


    Latest Google Chrome released for Windows-image.png
    Thank you but I really prefer the way mine looks now.
      My Computer

  8. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 2,031
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 build 19042.685
       #308

    I would not recommend enabling material design in the stable version, it's a different and old version of what Chrome is preparing, I explain it in this comment I made in Disqus a few days ago, this is how my tabs and title bar look in the latest Canary version:
    Latest Google Chrome released for Windows-normal-final-new.jpg
    Incognito:
    Latest Google Chrome released for Windows-incognito.jpg

    One of Google's employees who works with Chrome and who occasionally answers questions on Reddit, recommends the same.
      My Computer

  9. Bobby Phoenix's Avatar
    Posts : 473
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #309

    LEOPEVA64 said:
    I would not recommend enabling material design in the stable version, it's a different and old version of what Chrome is preparing, I explain it in this comment I made in Disqus a few days ago, this is how my tabs and title bar look in the latest Canary version:
    Latest Google Chrome released for Windows-normal-final-new.jpg
    Incognito:
    Latest Google Chrome released for Windows-incognito.jpg
    Correct. That's why I gave the second screenshot of Canary also.
      My Computer

  10. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 2,031
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 build 19042.685
       #310

    As I said in this comment, in version 68, Chrome increased the space between the icons of the bookmarks bar, after some people expressed their displeasure with this in several social networks and forums, including Reddit, it results that, in the most recent Canary version, they decided to reduce that space again, but only a little and, according to this answer, it seems that they will leave it that way.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:42.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums